Hello Lincolnites!

Lothar

Lincoln is a young and growing market. Any other Lincoln drivers frequenting this board? Pleas say hey and introduce yourself.

I have been doing for Uber since the end of July 2015, part time almost exclusively weekend late nights. I work full time for the state and my daughter just started college this fall so the extra money is nice.

nooneyouknowof

Hey! I'm in Omaha. How's the Lincoln market? Do you stay busy? Have you worked a Husker game day yet? I'm considering coming down during games then working Omaha at night.

Lothar

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello "Noone"

Sadly the Lincoln market has become pretty over-saturated with drivers like so many other markets. I've only been driving since the end of July and I typically only drive on weekend late nights unless there is a home game then I drive during the day on Saturday. The first home game was crazy busy and profitable (I made over $500 that day) but since then the home games have been a disappointment. I think this has been caused in part by lots of drivers going online to cash in like we did the first game (including many from Omaha) and in part because of different game times. This week's game will be the first 2:30 home game since game 1 so we may get an indication as to how much the game time influences demand. In addition, game one saw 3-4x surge for hours before and after the game and it got as high as 8.9x. I think that turned a lot of passengers off after they saw the steeper prices they were paying.

nooneyouknowof

I may try to come down on game day. We'll see. I don't know Lincoln all that well. Do you think I'd be okay just using the GPS or do I really need to know Lincoln well?

Lothar

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the most part GPS should be fine but there are some streets around the stadium that can be a mess. Some streets are blocked off and there are some newer streets that came about as the result of the new arena that have some roundabouts but GPS has those accurately. Of course downtown Lincoln is full of one-ways. It would definitely pay to know some of the pre/post-game hot spots like Barry's, The Railyard and sme f the more popular tailgate spots.