Hello, gents and ladies

theblackmetal09

How is it going guys? A little bit about me,...I'm prior military, NRA advocate and part time Uber driver. I guess I'm here to share my stories including the one I read recently about people slamming my car doors as well.

Other then that you guys seem like a friendly bunch and I hope to gain more knowledge and trade info from this site. Also I drive an 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L Limited.

Sooner or later this will be a weekend thing for me (as I hunt for a job in the IT field) because the car I drive I've come accustomed to it and well let's just say Uber Riders seem to disregard the respect, time, energy, and cleanliness I put into my car to give them an "Uber experience" for pennies off the dollar.

theblackmetal09

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Of course sig. I have a .38 spl with a modded g3o on standby. I'm not a fan of Uber's anti-gun policy or Chicago's anti-gun policy for that matter, seeing as an Uber driver here in Chicago averted a mass shooting here. I've had one too many close calls here myself especially since some of the neighborhoods here had me a little spooked.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Not going to take the bait. Not going to do it. No way. Just please be nice and do not wade into this Wil. Just keep your forkin mouth shut. For the ever luvin sake of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph and all of the blessed saints, please just stay out of this one.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

It's always nice to have well trained and well adjusted folks carrying nearby... :cool:
I agree totally. Not sure how it is in Indy, but here in Northern Illinois we call these people LEO's. Short for Law Enforcement Officer's. And it is indeed good to have them around. In fact, one of them lives right next door to me. Actually two if we're quibbling. His GF is also a LEO and she practically lives there as well. So, at least two nearby I guess. Well trained and well adjusted I mean.

theblackmetal09

Here in Chicago, LEO are never around and if they are it's too late. By the time, you get your concealed carry permit and FOID card, the Chicago Police would be carrying my body down to the coroner's office.

But I'm not here for that argument. Don't you worry you do not have to respond. Soon I will move back out to either Arizona, Texas or hell Indiana where LEOs actually respect their citizens carrying.

theblackmetal09

Well, actually the medical examiner's here have their own transport vehicles and staff. They don't trouble the police for these mundane tasks. Have you considered the lovely river city of Cincinnati?
In Chicago, police officers have been tasked with transporting dead victims since 2003...I used to work training with the Chicago Police Department back in 2004.

Honestly, I have considered Ohio, only I'm not sure of it's politics, gun-laws, neighborhoods, IT job market, economy, and women. To put this into perspective, I'm a single black guy that just wants to work in the IT field and live peacefully.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

In Chicago, police officers have been tasked with transporting dead victims since 2003...I used to work training with the Chicago Police Department back in 2004.

Honestly, I have considered Ohio, only I'm not sure of it's politics, gun-laws, neighborhoods, IT job market, economy, and women. To put this into perspective, I'm a single black guy that just wants to work in the IT field and live peacefully.
Why do you care about an areas "Gun Laws"? Hardly anyone follows them, they are easily circumvented, and there is almost zero enforcement of the ones that cannot easily be circumvented. As you say, CPD here has it's hands literally filled carrying corpses. So, unless one is caught holding during the commission of a crime, there is little enforcement. You are a responsible and law abiding citizen, so this should not be a concern. Christ, 90% of CPD are holding an illegal piece somewhere.

RE: Living peacefully, have you considered Naperville, Plainfield or Schaumburg even. If you want peaceful, we got that coming out of our asses. Move out this way the only thing you will need that pistolero for is shooting the @@@@in racoons that destroy your garbage bins. I mean, I do not want to pick a fight with you about the handgun issue. UP is simply not the place for that. But man, I got to say, if you are feeling CCW/Holding is "necessary" for your safety/security because of the environment you are existing in then we need to change your environment. Come visit Naperville/Plainfield for a weekend and see if your feelings don't change. Black people are very welcome here. Our Police almost never shoot them. Though, I wouldn't lead with the "I'm an IT guy looking for women" line, that will just get you public humiliation. Good luck!

Casuale Haberdasher

Of course sig. I have a .38 spl with a modded g3o on standby. I'm not a fan of Uber's anti-gun policy or Chicago's anti-gun policy for that matter, seeing as an Uber driver here in Chicago averted a mass shooting here. I've had one too many close calls here myself especially since some of the neighborhoods here had me a little spooked.
POST # 4/theblackmetal09: "Ahoy!" and
Welcome to the UP.
Net Forums from Suntastic Marco Island
on the Gunshine State's Wild SSW Coast.

Happy to see that you've the Common
Sense to have a Glock in the Hardware
Holster! There are Fair Number of "us"
[PistolPeople] on UPNF so when you're
ready for a "Who's Who got What", as
a Palate Cleanser between Courses of
Anti-Travis Vitriol, use Conversation
Function for PM.

I noticed that you were here for 3.5
weeks, but disappeared for last five,
sigh. C'mon back and I'll get you
squared away on how These Forums
Operate.

Mentoring Bison: Keeping it 100.
BTW: My black metal .355 was a CZ-85.

theblackmetal09

I appreciate the message Casuale, I didn't want to even bother responding back to Wil, because he doesn't know me as all. All he has done is assume and I let people assume. I am a vet and have been trained on M16A2's and M9's and have shot a variety of guns. Gun safety and situational awareness is my top priority when dealing with any firearms. Now, with that being said, as slight clumsy as I am; not once have I ever had an accidental discharge. I've served my country and even got deployed as a civilian. I would do it ALL AGAIN if asked.

To tell another person he doesn't know what hes doing is like saying you don't know or how to operate a handgun and believe only the LEOs can handle a handgun is naive yet disturbing. I REFUSE to tell others they do not know what they are doing and cannot defend themselves. It is our constitutional right. Not only constitutional, but the human right to defend against any physical attacker foreign or domestic. I've seen humans act like wolves roaming the streets foreign and here in Chicago. Wil lives in an area where there's less crime. Wil lives near a police officer. I live in an area where crime is rampant and next to two blocks from a police station where it takes 40-50 mins for them to get to my house. But I'm not allowed to have any weapon in my home and defend my mom or nephew? (For your information Wil, my weapon is locked up and out of sight when my nephew is at my home.) He should ask himself is innocent life ever worth defending? And if he believes that LEOs have that right, than how would any individual trust in a total stranger with a firearm over their own life? Doesn't make sense to me. It'll tell you what. I'll keep my guns and you can keep your beliefs.

Now, that I got that out of the way. I have noticed the horror stories here are starting to match my current Uber days of driving and it has become very tiresome. Sometimes have not driven days during the week. Uber riders are some of the most obnoxious riders ever. I mean I quit smoking last year and some people have drawn me back to smoking. I had a rider sneeze a loogie on my dam leather seats, one either walked in or spit the bubble gum on the in my carpet floor. I think I've passed out more automatic 1 stars for slamming my car doors in an out than any other driver. Then on top of that what's so annoying, the people that get in my car even after slamming the door and when I ask them not to do so, while offering them bottle water, charge their phone, and even gum (of which a service I stopped as of two weeks ago). These @@@@s have the nerve to give me 3-4 stars.

Like I said I'm tired of the two faced riders of Uber. One rider told me to my face that they would have only given me 4 stars just for giving them water and charging their phone and when I mentioned that every-time you pass out a 4 star rating you are limiting that person's employment with Uber, they look at me like I'm crazy and making it up.

Anyways, I'm about desperately trying to get back into the IT Field since forever. I'm done with Uber for life. I even refuse to use their service and better off taking my chances with a regular cab and mass transit.

I did find a college student at Northwestern that's doing a documentary and she's been paying me to help he drive around. It's not much, but it's 100% take home pay. I can't complain. She even offered to buy me dinner one day because I went to pick up. Cool people. Worth the drive.