1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Hello from Stillwater, OK

Discussion in 'People' started by RachelD, Sep 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RachelD

RachelD Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hello from Stillwater, OK. I just drove my first weekend, and it was a bit crazy. I managed to make a bit over $400 without any vomiting or major disasters with my car.

Traytray, mimi&papataxi and chi1cabby like this.
  2. igor l

igor l Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Stillwater lady , Hello.
    Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.
    Crazy, hmm? But too crazy I hope not!

3. DocT

DocT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Welcome to the forum, Rachel.

What platform are you driving?

4. RachelD

RachelD Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber. I applied for Lyft, but they're not really in my city yet.

5. DocT

DocT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Platform = UberX, Select, Black, SUV, etc.

As far as no one vomiting in your vehicle yet... give it time. :eek: Unless you avoid driving after bar close time. Good luck!

6. RachelD

RachelD Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Sorry. It's only UberX that is really available since it's a small market. However, I'm planning to go to the OK office in Tulsa and get certified for the SUV and Select just in case it happens around here.

And, so far I've only driven after bar closing time, but just 2 nights. The people have been drunk, but still under control. I'm SURE it won't always be that way lol

7. Al Saloha

Al Saloha New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hello Rachel, I'm new to the system and was wondering have you been doing well driving in Stillwater? I'm not finding any luck at all for some reason.

8. RachelD

RachelD Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No. Actually I stopped driving in November because I couldn't get enough riders.

9. Shonna

Shonna New Member

Hey guys. I'm new to this Uber deal and already having problems. I see you guy's icons all the time on the Uber App, but mine isn't showing up when I'm online on Uber Partner. (We used my daughters phone to see) Anyhow, I've already received the email that if I don't pick up a ride in 7 days, I'm out. I've emailed uber help and got the rhetoric of uninstalling, installing, rebooting, etc., etc. It's still not working. I'm on a samsung galaxy 6. All the latest os are installed.
    Turned off wifi, no go. Toggled airplane mode to on and then off. Read that somewhere online. My Location is on and the method is GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks. My vehicle met the uber requirements when I signed up. Uber support told me all my documents were fine. And we did install the driver app on my daughters and on our galaxy tablet and logged in as me, went online and I didn't show up. Frustrated in Stillwater, OK. Any ideas?

10. StillwaterLifer

StillwaterLifer New Member

Hello Stillwater! I'm a relatively new driver and obviously, new to the forum. I originally came to the forum looking for others with similar problems with the app and it appears Shonna is experiencing the same. I have received numerous notifications from Uber warning me that I need to take my first trip or be suspended when I have in fact made over 50. I have also been notified that I am rejecting more rides than the average driver when there has only been one since I started two weeks ago by not accepting the request quickly enough. My only thought is that while on active trips I am alerted with the same audio notification of a trip request (6 to 10 alerts while driving). No help from Uber support.

11. mimi&papataxi

mimi&papataxi New Member

Hello Stillwater. Off to a new year and I hope all of you are doing well. Last night was my first night driving and was online for maybe 2 hours but did 5 pickups and decided it was time to get some rest. How does the weekends in Stillwater seem to be for the drivers? Do you stay busy?

12. maxthepoke

maxthepoke New Member

Generally I find Friday nights are the best except for football home games.