1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Hello from Scranton, PA...

Discussion in 'People' started by WrestlingWithUber, Jun 27, 2017.

1. WrestlingWithUber

WrestlingWithUber New Member

Hello, all - just joined tonight, after lurking and reading for awhile.

I'm just starting out driving with Uber, though I've been a passenger many times. I have read all the pros and cons, and I'm going to give it a shot. See what happens. I need some extra money to pay some bills and to be able to travel like I enjoy doing. My full time work schedule changes every few weeks, and this is why I can't get any sort of other part-time job. I can't be sure of what days and times I'd be able to work at one. The flexibility of Ubering appeals to me, and as long as I break even in some sort of way to equal what I'd get paid at a part-time gig, I'm good. I have a small car, a Chevy Spark. It's great on gas, and I love driving it.

I used to work as a hospital transporter, and loved the patients. Can't say I ever had a bad or terribly difficult one. In general I really do enjoy working with the public, so let's see what happens with this.

Wish me luck :)

2. Michael Gingerich

Michael Gingerich New Member

Good luck to you! How's it going so far? I'm thinking about starting to drive myself soon.

3. Elmo Burrito

Elmo Burrito Well-Known Member

Say hi to crazy uncle Joe when ya see him for me will ya?

4. TheSnoozer

TheSnoozer Member

Have you ever picked anyone up from the paper company "Dunder & Mifflen"?

5. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Welcome Snoozer!

tryingforthat5star likes this.

6. tryingforthat5star

tryingforthat5star Active Member

Keep us updated on how many Uber drivers are in the Scranton area. You also got Wilkes Barre near by to do some runs with Mohegan Sun etc..

7. sirius black

sirius black Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Scranton is on the upswing- First Uber, and now John Oliver is getting you a new train for the news backdrop. Good luck to you, and your car's suspension!

8. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Dwight K Schrute "likes" this.

sirius black likes this.