Hello from Monterey

Tom-Monterey

Since there is no Monterey forum I thought this is the best place to start and say Hello

Been driving Uber and Lyft for a little over a month. Still trying to figure out the best times to drive. Usually around 5:00 AM until 12:09 or 2:00 depending on how busy it is except on Friday and Saturday nights.

It certainly has slowed down now that school is back.

Any body else in Monterey?

Da Ub

I am not in Monterey but if I lived their I would probably be doing the early mornings weekdays looking for trips to airports. Only thing that sucks is of course getting back. I would also guess that there would be a decent dinner traffic from PG and Carmel to dinner spots.
Be careful in Marina and Seasjde

Tom-Monterey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Be careful in Marina and Seaside?

I live in Marina, most of my early morning riders are from Marina and Seaside to work in Monterey, Pebble Beach or Carmel with the occasional (At least twice a week) rides to SFO, SJO, or Oakland airport from a Monterey Hotel, AirBNB or Rental and yes, the rides back suck. I did have one guy 2 weeks ago that wanted me to wait for him in SF and bring him back home (Doctors appointments). While I waited I did a couple of SF runs. That was a good fare day

Da Ub

Yeah Marina and Seaside. I have had quite a few sketchy requests from there at night. Be safe and make sure you have a dashcam

Big Lou

My son and his girlfriend were told to self quarantine a week ago and work from home. So they took to the road and worked from wifi.
Their leaving Eureka and heading south. I suggested the coast, which is the most beautiful coast in the world.

Are the RV campgrounds available from SF to Big Sur?

Da Ub

I know all of the state parks for RVs are closed (new Brighton, Seacliff,Natural Bridges). If they were coming here, I would have them call the KOA campground or the RV park in Felton