Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Hello from Galveston!

579 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TheDriver2011 
#1 ·
Hi. I just started driving for Uber last week.

My first night: 9 hours, 0 requests.

The uber rep didn't configure my account correctly. The next day, I went back to the Greenlight location, which is an hour away and got it fixed. An hour later, I had my first user (that is the term, right?) She was a super cool hipster, stoned out of her gourd. We talked about pop culture, fun cities we've lived in, etc.

What I've learned so far: 1) if the user isn't the chatty type, put the radio on. 2) Google Maps is garbage 3) it's OK to cancel a ride if the user is not at the meet-up. Don't kill yourself trying to find them.

Just wanted to say hello!

#2 ·
Hi. I just started driving for Uber last week.

My first night: 9 hours, 0 requests.

The uber rep didn't configure my account correctly. The next day, I went back to the Greenlight location, which is an hour away and got it fixed. An hour later, I had my first user (that is the term, right?) She was a super cool hipster, stoned out of her gourd. We talked about pop culture, fun cities we've lived in, etc.

What I've learned so far: 1) if the user isn't the chatty type, put the radio on. 2) Google Maps is garbage 3) it's OK to cancel a ride if the user is not at the meet-up. Don't kill yourself trying to find them.

Just wanted to say hello!
Welcome! We call users pax around here.
What are you using instead of google maps? I've heard some say they prefer Waze, but dont think I've ever heard someone say Google maps is garbage.

#3 ·
Glanced at a thread, and someone said they're called users.

I had trouble with the in-app nav, so I had it open google maps. I've had it take the long way around Hobby Airport, pax was pissed and filed a navigation report. It's had me try to go through a no-entry.

So, I just download Waze. And what's this? It can be opened from the driver app.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.