• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hello from Fort Lauderdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Shepherd

Hello! New driver here in the greater Fort Lauderdale area. Just got my phone today and excited to get started. Will be driving mostly evening and weekends.

Pacdog

Hope it works out for you, it sucks in Orlando. Wait until there is 6 drivers on every street waiting for a ping
Dude I lurk being a new member, but your a pile of bad news in every forum post. What is your issue if not to drive away all drivers from Uber? I understand the issues, but you like a bad freaking dream! If you do not want to help then STFU!

Orlando_Driver

Dude I lurk being a new member, but your a pile of bad news in every forum post. What is your issue if not to drive away all drivers from Uber? I understand the issues, but you like a bad freaking dream! If you do not want to help then STFU!
It's the truth, Uber was great in Orlando for the first 6 weeks or so. Now there are 6 drivers on every street. Just wait and see...

Pacdog

Is it? Seems many members (drivers) are making some money. I agree it's not all they say it is, but your one member from Orlando. You have no idea how it is working in Fort Lauderdale. Let them new kids sort out their cities and stick to your city!

The Geek

Back off pal. OD doesn't always post negatively, but you're off to a fine start. This is a forum for ALL views and if you don't like it then use the "ignore" feature of this website.

Pacdog

Back off pal. OD doesn't always post negatively, but you're off to a fine start. This is a forum for ALL views and if you don't like it then use the "ignore" feature of this website.
I will not back off. I do like many of his posts as to what is going on with Uber and the drivers. I understand the issues, but to tell every new member to just quite is wrong. We need to ban together to make this work. Just crying in this forum is not what We drivers need. The negativity is not helping Us! If We want change then We need to stay focused and work for it as a group. The (good luck pal) responses are not valid and will never bring about the change We need and deserve. Are you in or out? I'm in! I have spent a week reading all the posts in this forum and I know if We (Drivers) get together We can make this work. The rants are just that, but not going to make Uber work for Us. I hope I made this very clear.

Worcester Sauce

I will not back off. I do like many of his posts as to what is going on with Uber and the drivers. I understand the issues, but to tell every new member to just quite is wrong. We need to ban together to make this work. Just crying in this forum is not what We drivers need. The negativity is not helping Us! If We want change then We need to stay focused and work for it as a group. The (good luck pal) responses are not valid and will never bring about the change We need and deserve. Are you in or out? I'm in! I have spent a week reading all the posts in this forum and I know if We (Drivers) get together We can make this work. The rants are just that, but not going to make Uber work for Us. I hope I made this very clear.
WHO is this "WE" to whom you continually refer? The Geek has it right...you ARE off to a fine start. I can just feel the vitriol oozing from YOUR "rant". Please enlighten us. How exactly (specifically) is it that you plan bring about all this change "change"? Furthermore, what "change" (specifically) is it that you would have "WE DRIVERS" manifest? Many on this site have earned the right to vent and to exhale after a day of "driving up the Uber hill". You bandied-about the word "WE" in your mini-manifesto and derided OD as spewing negativity. Let's hear your uplifting, positive message to "US" all. Here is your chance to rally the troops with positive motivation, careful thought and strategic planning to "make Uber work for us all". If you have the answers, I will be first in line to carry your water. Failing that, it would appear that you are merely blow-viating. Damn...and here I was hoping that I was the ONLY pompous, bombastic gas-bag on this site.

Farman vegas

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Steven work hard, be positive and enjoy the yourself. This forum has many great people in it ,reading it will help you a lot. As a group will do try to help out when we can. Many positive uber driver here.

Janos

Hey Steven.I just started this week myself.I can only work a few days and hours and need to figure out where is the places to work around Ft Lauderdale.Good luck with Uber.

Allaffair

If the truth is bad, then it is negativity? We have Uber for all the good news, I come here for the truth... Good or bad from those with experience.

Anyways, I grew up in Fort Lauderdale and it should be a good market. Just come up with a strategy that works best for you. The place is very spread out so it will be interesting to hear how it's going for you. Keep us updated and good luck.

And Orlando does look like a bad market, taxi Gestapo and tolls would kill it for me, just my opinion though

Pacdog

Must admit I was having a bad hair day when I wrote that. Being a newbie and also hoping at least some of the Uber ads were half true then reading threads here for a week straight did make me sad. Here is what I know so far. Many drivers are making money in a few markets, but not all markets. I feel the Orlando market will not work if Uber does not get the city leaders to either change the laws (including at the airport and all theme parks here) or at least make exceptions for Uber drivers.
At this point I would agree Orlando market is not one to try to make Uber as your main job. I welcome other replies.

Former Yellow Driver

Hi Steven.....welcome!
I'm new to Uber and Ft Lauderdale also. Is it possible to work only Broward and W. Palm counties? Any suggestions on the best hours to work or locations within Broward? Thanks in advance for any pointers/help.

Regards,
Allen

Steven Shepherd

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't expect a lot, particularly due to the fact that it will only be on weekends and some evenings for me, but I first went "online" today in the Boca area. My first fare was $23 and she gave me a $5.00 tip...I tried to refuse, but she wouldn't have it! The second was a mere $11. I was only online for a couple hours. It's still catching on down here so we just have to figure out where the best places are w/o a ton of drivers.

Former Yellow Driver

When someone ASKS me about tips....I'll tell them that it isn't necessary....If they insist....no argument from me and I'll thank them for their generosity. If someone attempts to hand me money without asking....no problem.....I'll just stick it in my pocket (without looking at it) and thank them for their generosity. I deserve a tip and I'm not in the business of arguing with customers who agree with me.

SoBeUBER

welcome...I am starting a face to face weekly meetup in Miami, if you ever get down this way, you can meet us tuesdays at 6...this week we'll be at starbucks at 1201 washington ave..

Fort Lauderdale is really slow, I see 10 cars over at Fort Lauderdale Airport, I know that it's still new and that is why I stick to Miami for now, I would love to see Fort Lauderdale build up but I really do not see that happening for a while, I'm sure in the next 6 months, I think that Uber should market more in Fort Lauderdale to build up revenue for us I figure that's what part of the 20% that we give to them is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.