Helllooo President Lincoln

Anonymhysa

I got a UE ping, $13 guaranteed. It was a McDonald's real closeby so I accepted. The dropoff was 5 minutes away in a small apartment complex which I found easily. I knocked on the door, handed him his bag, said have a nice day, and completed the trip.

Got home later and found this:

Also, he flagged me for every complaint he could: food tampering, late delivery, unprofessional services, etc. Did a little digging, according ti the Waybill he put in the order at 9 am, I got the ping at 10:30sh. So he was probably pissed it took him 90 minutes to get his nuggets and fries.

Another Uber Driver

The guy was pee-yo-ed that not only did he have to pay thirteen bananas to get six bucks worth of crappy "food" delivered, he had to wait for the "privilege". On whom do these shithook customers take out their displeasure? .....on the driver, of course.

There are enough problems with buttwipe passengers on X, Pool, Lyft and Taxi. I do not need these real shithooks on Eats.

Nats121

I got a UE ping, $13 guaranteed. It was a McDonald's real closeby so I accepted. The dropoff was 5 minutes away in a small apartment complex which I found easily. I knocked on the door, handed him his bag, said have a nice day, and completed the trip.

Got home later and found this: View attachment 308558
Also, he flagged me for every complaint he could: food tampering, late delivery, unprofessional services, etc. Did a little digging, according ti the Waybill he put in the order at 9 am, I got the ping at 10:30sh. So he was probably pissed it took him 90 minutes to get his nuggets and fries.
That's the danger of accepting a "guaranteed minimum payout" order.

The reason for the guarantee is they couldn't get a driver to do it, so in the meantime the order sits around and the customer gets pissed.

The poor sucker (you) is the one who gets thrown under uber's bus.

It happened to me once on a McD order (no guaranteed minimum payout on mine). From ping to dropoff was less than ten minutes, but I got thumbed down and a late delivery badge.

I later found out from tech support that 2 different drivers cancelled the order before I received it.

Uber being uber hides that info from the driver.

Another Uber Driver

Wow, for someone who literally just picks up the food and drops it off sure is the scape goat for a lot of sh*t.
That is always how it has been for the driver. With all of these electronic and digital things, these days, the driver is now the first, and only,. human being with whom the customer comes into direct contact. That makes it even worse for him. It used to be that when you called Demon-0's, at least you could call back and vent to a human being. Still, the driver got boatloads when he did show up with the pizza, but, at least some of it had been unloaded on the person on the other end of the telephone. It jes' don' work that way no more, thar'.

Anonymhysa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get it, I really do. If I had no idea how things worked I'd be pissed at the driver too. However I'd mention it to them at the door. Even a "hey @@@@@@@, what took so long?" Would've sufficed. But no, passive aggression reigns. A penny tip, a thumbs down (my first out of 68 deliveries) and the giant list of complaint badges, including the ominous "other" "We can't disclose the details of this feedback but know that professionalism and courtesy go a long way."
At least I know I'm not the only one.