Heck yes I sent this..

merkurfan

Hi Merkurfan,

I noticed you’re one of our top partners in Minneapolis, but haven’t been driving with Uber lately. Wanted to personally reach out and see if you had any questions or concerns, or if you needed any support from the team.

Uber demand in Minneapolis is growing every month, and there's a big opportunity to earn even more this weekend helping people get around the city. Let me know if there's anything we can help with to get you back on the road.

Talk soon!

Best,
Melissa

----------------------------------------
Uber Technologies Inc.
1455 Market Street San Francisco, CA, 94103, US
Unsubscribe to stop receiving Uber emails.

me
to Uber

5:26 PM
I am glad you noticed people love me. However... The rates you charge are counter productive to my goals. I averaged about 13 dollars per hour after Uber fees. take gas, wear and tare on my car, insurance and well.. It just does not work out to enough money to get me out every day or even every weekend. I'll drive when I have spare time but I have other ventures that pay better. Thank you for your time.

Jedi Driver

Good for you! Do you think an actual, living human being will read it? Please keep us posted if they respond...

merkurfan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good for you! Do you think an actual, living human being will read it? Please keep us posted if they respond...
Looks human..

Really appreciate you reaching out. This is an important topic, and one that we have thought a lot about with careful analysis. It’s important to know that Uber is only successful if you are successful, so any changes we make to pricing has your business in mind.

With more low-cost options, we want to ensure we have competitive prices and that all riders can get affordable and reliable rides. While we’re confident in our rates, we want to assure you that we closely and regularly monitor the impact of our rates on your earnings. Our goal is to make you busier and make your time online more valuable so that you can make more in the long run.

In addition, we will continue to offer great incentives while you’re on the Uber system. You can always earn more money by inviting your friends to drive with Uber.

Really appreciate your feedback here. This is a two-way partnership, and we aren’t Uber without you. Just let me know if you have other concern. Hope to see you on Uber soon.

merkurfan

Drop down menu option #16B.
seen it before eh?

might fire this back. but I am wasting keystrokes I bet.

There is "low cost" and then there is under cutting even public transportation. While I understand the idea of getting more riders, where the theory falls apart is that more riders equals more dollars for me. For uber sure. Uber does not have to do the actual work. Their system can match 10 rides an hour or 10,000. When rates went down, uber responded by raising the commissions paid to uber to make up for this. I can only complete so many trips per hour. I suspect rates could go up since they are about half of the local taxi company and have a minimal effect on ridership. Regardless I am not interested in driving my car in to the ground for close to minimum wage after expenses. Now in my other business I could cut my rates in half and be half as much as my competition and be busy and make say 500 a week. Or I could keep them slightly less then my competition work less and make the same 500 a week.

I like time at home. I like free time. I like keeping my car in good shape..

At this time Uber does not present that opportunity. Uber is using the razor thin margins and make it up on volume model. I use the large margins on low volume model.

Who knows, maybe things will change, rates will go up or expenses on my end will go down making your rates more attractive to me. Until then I will only uber when I feel like it.

merkurfan

There is "low cost" and then there is under cutting even public transportation. While I understand the idea of getting more riders, where the theory falls apart is that more riders equals more dollars for me. For uber sure. Uber does not have to do the actual work. Their system can match 10 rides an hour or 10,000. When rates went down, uber responded by raising the commissions paid to uber to make up for this. I can only complete so many trips per hour. I suspect rates could go up since they are about half of the local taxi company and have a minimal effect on ridership. Regardless I am not interested in driving my car in to the ground for close to minimum wage after expenses. Now in my other business I could cut my rates in half and be half as much as my competition and be busy and make say 500 a week. Or I could keep them slightly less then my competition work less and make the same 500 a week.

I like time at home. I like free time. I like keeping my car in good shape..

At this time Uber does not present that opportunity. Uber is using the razor thin margins and make it up on volume model. I use the large margins on low volume model.

Who knows, maybe things will change, rates will go up or expenses on my end will go down making your rates more attractive to me. Until then I will only uber when I feel like it.
New users may grow month after month but the number of reoccurring users seems to be going down Down DOWN!

not sure about riders, most of the ones I spoke with loved uber..

drivers on the other hand.. Won't be long and uber will be looking for H1B1 visas for drivers.

poopy

Yeah,

You're just engaging a CSR (likely in the Philippines) who is raking in $5 an hour to clear out 15 tickets an hour.

But do what you think is right.
:smiles:

merkurfan

Maybe it'd click.. but.. it likely amounts to pissing in to the wind.. If I keep kicking them they will likely deactivate me.. Not that I'd really care.. But I don't like closing doors.. So I will continue to do the "if you don't take a trip we will deactivate you" trip when needed.

thehappytypist

Author
They kinda do keep track of driver complaints in a general way. Each ticket is flagged with the type of issue so they can pull the numbers for however many tickets have been sent for that issue, blah blah blah. But I wouldn't waste your time on long, eloquent emails. I bet $100 you'll get the "thanks for the feedback" response back.

ReviTULize

This makes me think if that show 'bar rescue'...
Usually, at the beginning of the show, they start the show by stating that the owner is losing $5k per month.

Then at the end of the show, they'll give an update on how its doing after they did the "rescue". "Bar sales are up 25%". So, does this mean that the bar is only losing $3,750 a month?

Someone should do an Uber Rescue show

Teksaz

We need Jon Taffer running Goober. lol

@@@@ trying to rescue Goober with Travis at the helm. It can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Another Uber Driver

You forgot to conclude your e-Mails with "Uber On!"

Uber's Rocket Science fails in that it matters not that Uber provide me with every resident of the Washington Metropolitan Area as a potential customer; I can carry only so many of them in one hour. When I signed on to UberX in June (or was it July? I forget, now), 2014, the pings came fast and furious. Here it is almost September, 2015 and the pings are still coming fast and furious. I am hauling the same number of passengers in August, 2015 that I was hauling in July, 2014. The only difference is that now I am collecting twenty-two per-cent less for it than I was in Summer, 2014. Uber has given us two "New and Exciting Rates" (READ: pay cuts) since I signed on to UberX.

The taxi pays much better.

merkurfan

You forgot to conclude your e-Mails with "Uber On!"

Uber's Rocket Science fails in that it matters not that Uber provide me with every resident of the Washington Metropolitan Area as a potential customer; I can carry only so many of them in one hour. When I signed on to UberX in June (or was it July? I forget, now), 2014, the pings came fast and furious. Here it is almost September, 2015 and the pings are still coming fast and furious. I am hauling the same number of passengers in August, 2015 that I was hauling in July, 2014. The only difference is that now I am collecting twenty-two per-cent less for it than I was in Summer, 2014. Uber has given us two "New and Exciting Rates" (READ: pay cuts) since I signed on to UberX.

The taxi pays much better.

while taxi flag rates are higher the lease rates when I drove where NUTS. 90 dollars a 12 hour shift or 590 a week. And for those rates you would get a used up, gas guzzling squad car with a loose front end, no tread no the tires and if you where really lucky the radio and a/c worked.

Mike3538

This makes me think if that show 'bar rescue'...
Usually, at the beginning of the show, they start the show by stating that the owner is losing $5k per month.

Then at the end of the show, they'll give an update on how its doing after they did the "rescue". "Bar sales are up 25%". So, does this mean that the bar is only losing $3,750 a month?

Someone should do an Uber Rescue show
Thanks for ruining my favorite show.......

UberHammer

Past Sponsor
Our goal is to make you busier and make your time online more valuable TO UBER so that you can make more FOR UBER in the long run.
By just adding four words, I made that Uber employee's sentence 100% accurate.

After every rate cut, drivers were busier (more trips per hour) and making more (fares per hour), but because the driver incurs the costs of providing the service, they make less profit after rate cuts. Uber however makes more revenue. It's an entirely one sided decision. For anyone at Uber to claim its a two way partnership is just one more of the HUGE lies Uber spews. I honestly cannot imagine any human being with a conscience working for Uber today not looking back at their time with Uber 10 years from now and not feeling regret for the shit they participated in.