Heard of it, but never experienced it

Bpr2

was in the middle of a nice 3-4 surge tonight but got 2 pings in a row that were right out of the surge range, accidentally accepted 1 and before I could cancel ring ring "we're at a different location that's 5 blocks before the pin location. Come get us at address" simply hung up and canceled. Checked the address given and sure enough, right in a 3.8 area.

Thanks to this amazing forum of drivers, I wouldn't have given it a second thought and picked them up. Wouldn't have known of this scam otherwise. :smiles:

So thank you guys and gals

tohunt4me

was in the middle of a nice 3-4 surge tonight but got 2 pings in a row that were right out of the surge range, accidentally accepted 1 and before I could cancel ring ring "we're at a different location that's 5 blocks before the pin location. Come get us at address" simply hung up and canceled. Checked the address given and sure enough, right in a 3.8 area.

Thanks to this amazing forum of drivers, I wouldn't have given it a second thought and picked them up. Wouldn't have known of this scam otherwise. :smiles:

Should have driven to pin and collected cancellation fee.
Scammers !

Agent Sleep

This happened to me Thursday night after 2 am in Newport. I'm in the middle of the surge zone and I get pings 10-15 minutes away with no surge lol. I never declined so many in a row before (it was 4 or 5). After I finally got a surge ping and milked that by taking the extra long route.

Homie don't play that:cool:

Travis -k

It's sometimes fun if your in the mood to F with those people, you say ok drive to where the pin is, call them and then cancel, then making them wait then cancelling, lets them know your on to their scam.

It's not a scam but ppl trying to save money. I would do the same and not take it, however.
Thats a SCAM they are trying to cheat a driver out of money through deceptions and anybody that does that is scum, if you want to save money walk or wait out the surge.

Last edited:

kevin046

I would have driven to the original location and swiped 'pick up and start ride' then called them for their real addy and picked them up, all while mileage and time is being clocked in the meantime in the 3.8 surge :smiles:

Pennywise

It happened twice this month during surge for me. I spoke to them over the phone and canceled "wrong address". If it was a block away, I don't mind at all.

Travis -k

I would have driven to the original location and swiped 'pick up and start ride' then called them for their real addy and picked them up, all while mileage and time is being clocked in the meantime in the 3.8 surge :smiles:
But the original pickup was outside of the surge... so you would be doing exactly what they wanted.

Julescase

Jesus I @@@@ing hate these shady, sneaky, dishonest, cheap-ass pax!!

Cheap as @@@@.

It's not a scam but ppl trying to save money. I would do the same and not take it, however.

Huh? Of course it's a scam. They're lying by putting their location pin outside Surge zone = scamming the system. That's the definition of a scam - changing/lying about variables within a scenario to alter the financial outcome in their favor