Heads up Surging only for passengers

No Prisoners

Uber surging 3x near Dadeland only giving drivers $3.50 and 2x near UM with nothing to drivers. Brickell also 3x and only $2.50 to drivers.
I won't take it.

ElSapoLoco

Most of us already know this happens. That why they stopped paying us by percentage as well as removed the multiplier for the surge. But as long as they don’t take away our badges, I’ll continue to drive for UBER.

ElSapoLoco

What's badges and so badges turn into dollars.
Badges are awarded to the best of the best UBER drivers by passengers which is what makes them so valuable. When you retire from UBER (minimum 50,000 trips and a rating of 4.85 or above) you can sell them back to UBER for their value at that time. Think of them as a pension.

No Prisoners

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. Never paid attention since I started about a year ago. But since January mostly do private clients and some lux. Always was part timer. 1800 rides in a year and less than 100 for uber since January. My rating 4.98 with bunch of diamonds. Never really paid attention.

SuperuberSFL

Uber surging 3x near Dadeland only giving drivers $3.50 and 2x near UM with nothing to drivers. Brickell also 3x and only $2.50 to drivers.
I won't take it.
That’s why at any event like a concert or a game for any substantial trip we use the Uber Surge price to negotiate for Uber Cash, lol
They cancel, pay the lousy $5 and pay us cash or card with a 30% discount.
Everybody wins - customer pays less, we get paid off the books ( no income tax) and we get more than the gross Uber fare.
Uber tries to screw everyone, and as a result everyone else is screwing Uber. He he he

Fredmiami

That’s why at any event like a concert or a game for any substantial trip we use the Uber Surge price to negotiate for Uber Cash, lol
They cancel, pay the lousy $5 and pay us cash or card with a 30% discount.
Everybody wins - customer pays less, we get paid off the books ( no income tax) and we get more than the gross Uber fare.
Uber tries to screw everyone, and as a result everyone else is screwing Uber. He he he
The risk is if you get in some type of accident, the passenger will turn on you

ggrezzi

Most of us already know this happens. That why they stopped paying us by percentage as well as removed the multiplier for the surge. But as long as they don’t take away our badges, I’ll continue to drive for UBER.
Hey guys, since I am new on this and must learn from road warriors like you. Can someone please explain to me what EXACTLY does it ean when you go to a surge that says $ 3,50 or whatever???? Do you get $ 3,50 ON TOP of your ride regular tariff? If si I have not noticed that on my account. Second question - AM I wrong in refusing to accept pool rides??? Thanks to all - cheers

Rzz17

Yes, Surge mean you get the surge plus whatever regular pay you get. If you are in active surge area and longer trip, your surge might get adjusted (A BIG "MIGHT"). if your leave the surge area, you still carry that surge for your next trip unless you cancel, change trip preferences, or offline.
You are not wrong by refusing pool trips. You are a contractor, you are free to take what you want. Most people do not take pool because of lower pay (in Uber) and lousy paxholes. You are subjected to lower rating star and no Badge (It is very important as you read in this forum).
Personally, i take pool when I have no candy to crush. If you have to drive 5 miles to get out from dead zone, sometimes Pool is better at least it pay for your gas.

BuberDriver

Hey guys, since I am new on this and must learn from road warriors like you. Can someone please explain to me what EXACTLY does it ean when you go to a surge that says $ 3,50 or whatever???? Do you get $ 3,50 ON TOP of your ride regular tariff? If si I have not noticed that on my account. Second question - AM I wrong in refusing to accept pool rides??? Thanks to all - cheers
Drive to red zone, get that $$$ on top of penny fare. Possibility of earning more like Rzz17 said. Nothing you can do is wrong, except drive an unaccompanied minor, stage fake vomit in your car, or refuse to share your aux cord. Thankfully Uber removed pool request from me years ago but you’re more than welcome to take them....I prefer 1-2 people in my car not 3-4. Less mess and possibility of damage to deal with later

ggrezzi

Yes, Surge mean you get the surge plus whatever regular pay you get. If you are in active surge area and longer trip, your surge might get adjusted (A BIG "MIGHT"). if your leave the surge area, you still carry that surge for your next trip unless you cancel, change trip preferences, or offline.
You are not wrong by refusing pool trips. You are a contractor, you are free to take what you want. Most people do not take pool because of lower pay (in Uber) and lousy paxholes. You are subjected to lower rating star and no Badge (It is very important as you read in this forum).
Personally, i take pool when I have no candy to crush. If you have to drive 5 miles to get out from dead zone, sometimes Pool is better at least it pay for your gas.
THanks men, makes sense! Regarding the surge zones, it seems that there are always in some part of the city, however, sometimes I go and when I arrive the surge is gone......so frustrating.

Rzz17

THanks men, makes sense! Regarding the surge zones, it seems that there are always in some part of the city, however, sometimes I go and when I arrive the surge is gone......so frustrating.
Don't just chase for surge but learn how the surge happen and how long it last.Once you learn the pattern, it will give you a better decision either to ignore the surge or drive to surge zone. When Key Biscayne surge for $15 and 20 minutes away, i definitely just ignore it. I cannot beat few hundred ants that drive 100 mph to the location..

JimKE

Just to simplify:
  • OLD SYSTEM - if the rider was paying 3x the normal fare, we would be paid something like 2.5x-2.7x. So a ride that would normally pay $10 would pay $25-$27.
  • NEW SYSTEM -- if the rider is paying 3x the normal fare, we get $2.50 - $5.00 extra (maybe a little more, maybe nothing), depending on who knows what.
    • This great advance lets us know right up front how much surge incentive we will actually receive without having to do all that pesky math.
    • It also has the charm of massively increasing Uber's revenue at the driver's expense.

SoFlaDriver

Just to simplify:
  • OLD SYSTEM - if the rider was paying 3x the normal fare, we would be paid something like 2.5x-2.7x. So a ride that would normally pay $10 would pay $25-$27.
  • NEW SYSTEM -- if the rider is paying 3x the normal fare, we get $2.50 - $5.00 extra (maybe a little more, maybe nothing), depending on who knows what.
    • This great advance lets us know right up front how much surge incentive we will actually receive without having to do all that pesky math.
    • It also has the charm of massively increasing Uber's revenue at the driver's expense.
The "sticky" surge is somewhat of a compensation, but obviously, nowhere near how it used to be. But at least now if you're in or make it to a surge zone, you get the bonus whether or not you get a rider there.

When the FLL airport is surging, I just drive by on 95 and get it added to whatever my next fare is.

JimKE

The "sticky" surge is somewhat of a compensation, but obviously, nowhere near how it used to be. But at least now if you're in or make it to a surge zone, you get the bonus whether or not you get a rider there.

When the FLL airport is surging, I just drive by on 95 and get it added to whatever my next fare is.
True, but the old system put money in my bank with $20 - $50 surge payments instead of a $2.50 sticky surge.

No way to put lipstick on this pig -- it's a pay cut.

The only way I can see to make any money with the new system is when you're in a busy area where you know you are going to get nothing but a steady stream of short rides. Five $4 surge rides in an hour is an extra $20.

Basmati

New surge system is actually working out better for me. I rarely got any surges before, and if I did they were just short rides with only a couple dollars surge anyhow. Now with the new sticky system I can at least be guaranteed that surge amount on my next ride. I imagine it hurts people who worked events and late nights tho.

GreatOrchid

new algorythem finds rich people and jack fare up if they go top rich neighberhood i had ride sundat easter was miami beach to davie was charged 111$ i made 65$ for 45 minute ride woo hoo but i feel bad having uber shove it up the butt of ride dont seem fair hopefully broward county govt will get tough on uber billionaires abter stock sale
Screenshot_20190424-155413.jpg

Last edited:

FLKeys

new algorythem finds rich people and jack fare up if they go top rich neighberhood i had ride sundat easter was miami beach to davie was charged 111$ i made 65$ for 45 minute ride woo hoo but i feel bad having uber shove it up the butt of ride dont seem fair hopefully broward county govt will get tough on uber billionaires abter stock sale View attachment 314363
So you took almost 57% on that trip, what percent do you normally take on an Uber trip? I can tell you I take around 53-60% on my Uber trips. So this example you posted shows the rider take on par percentage wise with what Uber normally takes. So yes the rider paid a surge and you got paid more than the sticky surge amount keeping pay about average to any other Uber ride.

Yes There are always out layers but I find the average to be rate around 57-58%.

MiaJay

So you took almost 57% on that trip, what percent do you normally take on an Uber trip? I can tell you I take around 53-60% on my Uber trips. So this example you posted shows the rider take on par percentage wise with what Uber normally takes. So yes the rider paid a surge and you got paid more than the sticky surge amount keeping pay about average to any other Uber ride.

Yes There are always out layers but I find the average to be rate around 57-58%.
Thus only tells me that you aren't very creative... ?