Head to waiting lot

Shine98

Last night saw DFW about to surge and went in, I got a flat $4.25 when closed in, but I was not put in queue, not getting my position, instead, screen was displaying Head to waiting lot, goo to the outside area, still showing me that, then drove to terminal A lot, then it put me in queue, line 60 drivers ahead of me already, earlier it was 11-15. Weird.
Uber tried something new here?

Cquebe3

They did send some type of notification,m the other day saying if you are going to sit, sit in the right spot. Maybe they changed the geo fence

Uber_Dubler

I had a drop off yesterday at DFW. I did not have an immediate pick-up now was I put back in the queue, ever. Just had the message "HEAD TO WAITING LOT". So my totally unqualified guess is the rematch is broken. Uber's email to drivers implies rematch will not be impacted ... Than again Uber implies drivers can make great money so take what its worth.

Ubermcbc

Last night saw DFW about to surge and went in, I got a flat $4.25 when closed in, but I was not put in queue, not getting my position, instead, screen was displaying Head to waiting lot, goo to the outside area, still showing me that, then drove to terminal A lot, then it put me in queue, line 60 drivers ahead of me already, earlier it was 11-15. Weird.
Uber tried something new here?
It's a trick to convince drivers that the wait will be only 5-10 minutes and you will be out before you pay extra $ for airport toll. Fake. Very old trick. Your que number will stay under 10-20, put you into dilemma whether stay or leave. Then the number will start decreasing extremely slow but you will see lots of activity by other drivers leaving the waiting area. Normally you will end up waiting for 1-2 hours. Probably you forgot, guber last name is technologies, lol. They know how to use it for their benefit.

Last edited:

Shine98

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe uber has changed its algorithm on both DFW and DAL. You are in queue only if you are at designated areas. If you get inside the DFW, you get the Head to Waiting Lot, and you are removed off the queue. There may be drivers parked and waiting at other terminals or locations inside the airport and they don't like that. This is so dumb that you cannot drive to a terminal for a bathroom break, or you lose your position because of being out of the lot. I don't wait in line so it does not impact me much.

TomTheAnt

Maybe they changed the geo fence
This is what I'm suspecting, too. No more waiting outside the toll booths, it looks like. At least I haven't been able to get Uber to place me in the queue when I'm at the cell phone lot.

AnotherUberGuy

I saw this announced on another Uber group and thought it was here too. But maybe not. Yes, Uber changed the geofence, at the request of DFW Airport, and you must be in the lot near Terminal A or you won't get a ping.

TomTheAnt

I saw this announced on another Uber group and thought it was here too. But maybe not. Yes, Uber changed the geofence, at the request of DFW Airport, and you must be in the lot near Terminal A or you won't get a ping.
Guess it would be too much to ask if Uber made an official announcement about it. Meh...

Lyft is most likely tofollow, then. Guess DFW wants to reserve the cell phone lot for regular folk coming to pick people up.

Shine98

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So far cell phone lot still works for Lyft, that is why there are always more Lyft waiters at DFW.

Uber_Dubler

1) Any guesses as to why Uber would move the geo-fence and not Lyft?

2) Any Uber drivers had re-matches since last Saturday?

I've had maybe 5 drop-offs and no re-matches.

TomTheAnt

My guess is that regular folk have been complaining to DFW about the cell phone lot being overrun by TNC drivers. Hence, DFW makes TNC drivers go to Terminal A. First Uber, then Lyft.

And what better place to be right now than Terminal A with the [email protected]@@@ of bridge work going on and everything! :mad:

#professoruber

My guess is that regular folk have been complaining to DFW about the cell phone lot being overrun by TNC drivers. Hence, DFW makes TNC drivers go to Terminal A. First Uber, then Lyft.

And what better place to be right now than Terminal A with the [email protected]@@@ of bridge work going on and everything! :mad:
Do you actually think regular people are complaining? This issue started when the cell lot opened. That white picket fence was installed because of idiot drivers running over the landscaping to enter/exit the lot. Have you seen the lot when the queue is 200+? Yup, idiot drivers doing idiot things again like parking in fire lanes, handicap, circling the lot.

Next time you are in either lot, look how much cigarette butts and litter is in these areas. Finally, if you dare, go take a peak into the porta potties in Lot A and right after you do that, just scan the entire lot. You will then see why this change was made.

You do realize that Lyft is Uber biatch, right? Lyft has never created a new technology. Lyft has always copied Uber. Did you know that it took Lyft months to add the cell lot?

rdhall3637

I had a rematch last night at DFW terminal C after dropping off at the Hyatt Regency. That's the first rematch I've had in awhile.

TomTheAnt

Do you actually think regular people are complaining? This issue started when the cell lot opened. That white picket fence was installed because of idiot drivers running over the landscaping to enter/exit the lot. Have you seen the lot when the queue is 200+? Yup, idiot drivers doing idiot things again like parking in fire lanes, handicap, circling the lot.

Next time you are in either lot, look how much cigarette butts and litter is in these areas. Finally, if you dare, go take a peak into the porta potties in Lot A and right after you do that, just scan the entire lot. You will then see why this change was made.
Yup. I kinda think so. Is it enough to force DFW to drive TLC vehicles out of there? Not sure. However, when ever DFW opened the lot, it was advertised as a place to wait their friends/family/colleagues or who ever to arrive outside the toll gates and to ease parking/congestion at terminals and what ever else PR BS. It just has been overrun by TLC drivers ever since it was geofenced for TLC use.

Hell yeah, I definitely agree on all of the nasty stuff that's going on. And the times when the lot of 53 parking spots has maybe 70+ cars... What a freaking zoo! :eek: Hence, I'm not spending much time there... :rolleyes:

Uberbrent

Several years ago Lyft had the geofence of lot A and Uber had the run of the airport. There was also two waiting lots...the other one close to E. Lyft will geofence to lot A again. This is the only way to reduce queue size at DFW. If you can’t get in the holding lot, then you don’t get a ride. Sounds like smart thinking to reduce traffic. There is no reason to have 200 cars in queue.

TomTheAnt

BTW... What an effin mess that place is now... Terminal A lot thing, together with the bridge repairs seems to be backfiring big time right now.

Was passing by DFW on westbound 114 around 7pm tonight when I got an Uber ping from Terminal A. WTF??? Let it expire and then checked the app to see how many cars and it showed 1-5. WTF??? Lyft had over 30 and was going down fast. Decided to go to cell phone lot to see what’s going on. Got Lyft ping from Terminal B about 10 minutes after arriving. Then saw what the hell was going on...

Southbound line of cars waiting to enter Terminal A was less than quarter mile from the toll plaza and growing. Picked up pax and the the exit road from Terminal B to north exit was blocked by cones and all traffic had to head south. Took a detour through Terminal C just to hit almost standstill traffic on all four lanes going north.

Sure hope somebody somewhere at DFW Airport HQ is thinking about a solution that can be implemented fast. One that does NOT include moving all Lyft drivers also to Terminal A. People are going to be missing their flights soon. Not to mention airport/airline employees missing their stuff since the employee buses are stuck in there, too.

Alfacino

Uber & Lyft if you are reading this you need to move lot A temporarily to lot C or E. With ramp shut down in A we are just adding to the ridiculous congestion. Many of your drivers are avoiding it altogether. Get your acts together and just move those nasty porta potties and get with Dfw airport management to do it for the good of all. A one day affair at most.