'He was trying to kill me' Uber driver attacked on I-95

NoNameNoGame

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — Rene Sanchez has been an Uber driver for eight months in Richmond, but he is now looking for a new career path after he was attacked inside his car driving on Interstate 95 in Chesterfield.

Sanchez said the trouble began when he picked up two passengers at District 5 on West Main Street in the Fan....

More: http://wtvr.com/2016/04/25/uber-driver-attacked/

Fortunately, the driver sounds OK.

uber genesis

Damn, and I drove a lil on sunday..Wasn't carrying concealed like I normal do though

Scrber will do nothing but make a PR statement and maybe throw the driver a 20 dollar credit

tbob1

You have to learn how to screen your passengers. Two drunks going all the way to Fort Lee? No way.....not happening.!

UberAC

I'm confused. The RTD article states the driver was told to return to Richmond for another fare. He already had 2 pax, was on his way to their destination but then was told to go BACK and get someone else...? Also RTD stated nothing about the other pax getting sick, etc...

tbob1

I'm confused. The RTD article states the driver was told to return to Richmond for another fare. He already had 2 pax, was on his way to their destination but then was told to go BACK and get someone else...? Also RTD stated nothing about the other pax getting sick, etc...
I'm also confused. The article said he was southbound on 95 and had to turn around to get that trip? That makes no sense.

uber genesis

if it was XL (all I drive now a days) I would have happily turned my ass around and drove back

even on normal fare for XL that would be a 70 dollar ride, toss in a 1.5x or higher and we into the mid 150's

tbob1

At one time, the thought was that people who had credit cards were generally a better quality or class of rider. Well that theory has gone down the toilet due to the fact that anyone with a bank account can have a debit card, many people get paid on cards and you can purchase a prepaid card. Therefore the overall quality of ridership has gone down the shitter!