He thought the coronavirus was 'a fake crisis.' Then he contracted it (rideshare driver)

BigRedDriver

You are right that there is no escaping the Virus, but you cannot ridicule the threat.
Do you put on a seat belt when you drive?
Do make sure your riders or your family members put on seat belts?
That is what this is all about.
Acknowledging the risk and taking all the necessary precautions.
Not only for your sake, but also for the protection of others.
But neither you, nor I, nor most anybody just quits driving. Nor do we demand others stop to protect you.

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

The posters on here aren't debating if Covid is real. They are saying it isn't the Spanish flu which notoriously had the ability to kill healthy adults in less than 24 hours.

They are saying it isn't the bubonic plague, which wiped out entire swaths of civilization.

They are saying we as a people will survive this disease with the absolute vast majority of humans alive and in health.

At the height of the Covid (April) scare people(including some posters here) thought all the hospitals would be overcrowded with coma patients on ventilators, all food sold out, and packed out funeral homes.
Post automatically merged:

Yall don't remember a few members on here debating @BigRedDriver that he didn't understand exponential factoring?

Well according to them we should have been in the tens of millions of confirmed cases with hundreds of thousands of deaths in the states at this point, following their model predictions.

Press that little search icon to your right to see some of the complete BS fear mongering that occurred late March to early May. Compare what was posted to reality of what happened.
No, we said if we do Nothing... Which is what LittlePinkSkater was advocating saying it wasn't a big deal.
Just like what you are trying to imply with the "see it wasn't a big deal" type comments here.

If everyone had been as cavalier as you and TinyPinkTootoo tried to say we should have been we Would have had Millions needing hospitalization which would have lead to millions dying.

Thankfully the rest (mass majority) of society were not complete idiots, like the deniers on UP like MinisculePinkPinion and you, and actually took it seriously enough to slow the rate of infection.

Fact, if we hadn't done all the things you and LPT said we didn't need to do the doubling would have continued on pace and we would have hit crash levels in ICUs mid April.

Thank God for all the smart folks that followed the CDC and WHO precautions advised.

TheDevilisaParttimer

No, we said if we do Nothing... Which is what LittlePinkSkater was advocating saying it wasn't a big deal.
Just like what you are trying to imply with the "see it wasn't a big deal" type comments here.

If everyone had been as cavalier as you and TinyPinkTootoo tried to say we should have been we Would have had Millions needing hospitalization which would have lead to millions dying.

Thankfully the rest (mass majority) of society were not complete idiots, like the deniers on UP like MinisculePinkPinion and you, and actually took it seriously enough to slow the rate of infection.

Fact, if we hadn't done all the things you and LPT said we didn't need to do the doubling would have continued on pace and we would have hit crash levels in ICUs mid April.

Thank God for all the smart folks that followed the CDC and WHO precautions advised.
Why do you think I'm a Covid denier?

Somebody scans post and don't read them.

BigRedDriver

You must hang your hat on only 7 deaths, aye?
Yep, remember, we took many of the early cruise ship passengers, and still nothing.

This thing relies on density and density.

Probably right wing thinker.

Hope so. Left wingers like Coumo thinks it’s a brilliant idea to send active COVID 19 patients back into nursing homes. Yeah, you dudes are geniuses!

Because being rational is denial I guess

But neither you, nor I, nor most anybody just quits driving. Nor do we demand others stop to protect you.
We demand taking the necessary precautions to minimize the risk.
You, on the other hand, have done everything you could to imply the risk is fake.

We do demand, and even criminalize not, wearing seat belts and having insurance and acquire a license to drive.

BigRedDriver

We demand taking the necessary precautions to minimize the risk.
You, on the other hand, have done everything you could to imply the risk is fake.

We do demand, and even criminalize not, wearing seat belts and having insurance and acquire a license to drive.
I’ve never said the risk is fake (kind of a stupid thing to say) I’ve said we need to rationally deal with the risk.

Taking precautions are good, making it illegal to drive because you might be killed, irrational.

So, what’s the plan if no vaccine is found? Hmmmmmm

We can’t destroy the economy, that was act 1

Oh I don't know, because you say bullshit like this

"Press that little search icon to your right to see some of the complete BS fear mongering that occurred late March to early May. Compare what was posted to reality of what happened"

The only reason those predictions didn't happen is deniers (making as if it wasn't doubling every 3 days, 2.33 days actually) like you didn't convince everyone that it "wasn't that serious".
Because people took the necessary precautions the doubling was slowed and the curve was, mostly, flattened.

But, hey, you aren't a denier or anything. It isn't as if you are implying that the predictions would never have happened and we would be exactly where we are if everyone had ran around just like before the world locked down.

Shit, can you even imagine how @@@@ed we would be if all the sports/concerts/church/fairs/etc had been as crowded as usual.

BigRedDriver

"Press that little search icon to your right to see some of the complete BS fear mongering that occurred late March to early May. Compare what was posted to reality of what happened"

The only reason those predictions didn't happen is deniers (making as if it wasn't doubling every 3 days, 2.33 days actually) like you didn't convince everyone that it "wasn't that serious".
Because people took the necessary precautions the doubling was slowed and the curve was, mostly, flattened.

But, hey, you aren't a denier or anything. It isn't as if you are implying that the predictions would never have happened and we would be exactly where we are if everyone had ran around just like before the world locked down.

Shit, can you even imagine how @@@@ed we would be if all the sports/concerts/church/fairs/etc had been as crowded as usual.
YES! It has flattened! Thanks, so open things back up.

TheDevilisaParttimer

You know I haven't drove rideshare since early March when Covid begun spreading in my state. Don't plan to come back until Covid is eradicated.

How many of our Covid zealots on here are still driving?

Riiiggghhhtttt....
and ya'll call me a denier 🤨

Public transportation is the most surefire way of contracting Covid 19, proven in mass by New York. 😒

It's never a bad time to become an independent thinker 💡🏆

You mean this post 👀

I fully stand behind it. In no way did it deny Covid 19 at any point.

Last edited:

I’ve never said the risk is fake (kind of a stupid thing to say) I’ve said we need to rationally deal with the risk.

Taking precautions are good, making it illegal to drive because you might be killed, irrational.

So, what’s the plan if no vaccine is found? Hmmmmmm

We can’t destroy the economy, that was act 1
So folks with dui/dwi shouldn't loose their license?
People who loose sight or reflex?
Just really bad drivers with lots of accidents or can't get insured?

Oh, right, we do exactly that when the risk demands it.

Just as we had to lock things down because the risk was real.
The numbers that would have happened had 2e not done exactly what we did.

Hell, Trump, for a brief moment, actually grew a pair and did the right thing. Now his big yellow stripe has come back and he is listening to idiots instead of science.
Congress even did well, briefly (until the idiots on both sides tried to make it all about "us VS then" instead of "serving The People") to shore up our economy.

Course they are now all too busy trying to get reelected. @@@@ then all.

TheDevilisaParttimer

@Asificarewhatyoudontthink

Post stating massively over stating Covid, saying based of experts it would keep doubling.

@BigRedDriver Stating how New York is screwed and the perfect breeding ground.

We were already in lockdown so any,

"that was without mitigation", BS is a pure lie.

So yes UP posters use that search function to see people backtracking

@Asificarewhatyoudontthink

Post stating massively over stating Covid, saying based of experts it would keep doubling.

@BigRedDriver Stating how New York is screwed and the perfect breeding ground.

We were already in lockdown so any,

"that was without mitigation", BS is a pure lie.

Based on experts IF WE DIDN'T DO WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE.

But, again, keep making like that wasn't always part of it.
Keep pretending that if we hadn't things would be just like they are now.

That is what makes you a denier.

You keep denying that things would have been a lot worse had we not put in place all the steps needed to protect each other.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Based on experts IF WE DIDN'T DO WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE.

But, again, keep making like that wasn't always part of it.
Keep pretending that if we hadn't things would be just like they are now.

That is what makes you a denier.

You keep denying that things would have been a lot worse had we not put in place all the steps needed to protect each other.
We were already in quarantine and taking steps nationally and locally to stop covid 19.

So your a bold face liar

tenor (31).gif

Probably right wing thinker.
Not sure how to respond to this. There is ample supply of crazy on both sides of the fence 🤷‍♂️

Austin-Powers.gif

What it feels like to be in the middle politically 🙇‍♂️

Last edited: