1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Having technical difficulties with the App first day out.

Discussion in 'Advice' started by MickeyHarman1946, Jan 1, 2016.

1. MickeyHarman1946

MickeyHarman1946

Driving:
    UberX
    I was sitting in a McDonalds near the airport in down town Reno Nevada, got the first rider alert, drove over and picked them up, then the UBER App disconnected from the network and would not log back on, I ended up taking them to their destination which was not too far away at the destination they offered to pay but I said no this will be a free ride.
    What I need to know is, am I having difficulty due to my Samsung smart phone? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 Micro GT. I was able to go online at the McDonalds but not able to once out on the road I could not connect at all. Could this be related to Wi-Fi?

2. Maderacopy

Maderacopy

Driving:
    UberX
    I had the same problem my first couple of weeks. Once I left the city it would log off. I found one of my documents I believe my insurance was cutoff when it was uploaded to their system and without telling me I was temporarily approved only for that city until the problem was fixed. Could be your problem.

3. MickeyHarman1946

MickeyHarman1946

Driving:
    UberX
    I was still inside the city limits from the time I got the ride to the delivery not more than a couple of miles away.
    Found this on UBER.
    DEVICE SHOWS “NETWORK ERROR” If your device shows “Network Error”, try disabling its WiFi connection. Some wireless networks interfere with the app's connection to our servers. If you continue to experience issues on with your network connection, it may be helpful to toggle airplane mode on for 20 seconds or rebooting your device to reset the network connection.

4. MickeyHarman1946

MickeyHarman1946

Driving:
    UberX
    My phone is an older model Samsung Galaxy S3 Micro GT only G2 is this going to work with UBER App? Or do I need to buy a new faster phone?

5. MickeyHarman1946

MickeyHarman1946

Driving:
    UberX
    What about a device from UBER how much are they?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016