Uber Drivers Forum banner

Having sex with customers...

160K views 65 replies 46 participants last post by  Hans GrUber 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/uber-lyft-drivers-picking-hooking-customers-boast-whisper/story?id=24777078

Uber, Lyft Drivers and Customers Kiss and Tell
  • By RHEANA MURRAY
Jul 30, 2014
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
A Lyft car drives next to a taxi on June 12, 2014 in San Francisco, California.more +

Uber and Lyft customers might be getting a bit more than a ride home from some of their drivers.

Users of the secret-sharing app Whisper are sharing purported tales of trysts with their civilian chauffeurs -- some saying they went so far as to have consensual sex with the driver they hired.

Others -- both drivers and customers -- just say they've been tempted to hook up with someone they met through the popular ride-sharing apps.

The stories are tantalizing but anonymous. Whisper officials told ABC News that they've vetted accounts of several people who said they have had sex with an Uber or Lyft driver, and of drivers who said they had sex with customers. And based on things such as geo-location of the posts and direct inquiries, they said they have no reason to believe the posts are bogus.

Whisper
Sample posts from the Whisper app from users who claim to be drivers for Uber and Lyft.more +

"These are legit whispers," said Slade Sohmer, head of news for Whisper.

Jennifer Mullin, a spokeswoman for Uber, said it is definitely against the company's policy for a driver to have sexual relations with a customer.

"Safety is our number one priority," Uber said in a statement. "We always follow up with allegations or complaints of misconduct and take them very seriously. We expect and require driver partners to act professionally while on the road, and hope that riders and drivers are prioritizing safety in their personal lives as well."

Uber drivers have been accused of sexual assaulting riders and even kidnapping a womanin one case in the past, and the company suspends drivers immediately after such allegations.

Lyft did not respond to ABC News' request for comment.

Begs the question...has anyone on here :cool:

See less See more
#13 ·
I've been hit on by both men and women (intoxicated) - but always gently decline.

The real story I have is: the time I was driving two ladies and one of them went into great detail on how she hooked up with her last Lyft driver a few nights prior. She was the instigator and told him "he looked tired, and needed a massage." He eventually agreed and went inside with her. She was pissed because after the deed, he wouldn't give her his phone number and eventually told her he was dating someone. For vengeance, she low rated him and emailed Lyft about what an ass he was and that he hit on her. She said she received notice from Lyft that the driver had been deactivated. The two cackled and laughed about this and thought it has "just hilarious." Post which, tell said to me: "We'd never do that to you..." ..... More laughter.

#17 ·
This story serves as a reason NOT to do it. It seems that Uber would rather take the passenger word first and can you. It also illustrates how inane the rating system can be, especially since its mostly anonymous. People are more likely to be jerks if they think its behind the wall of the internet and/or an app. Twitter is a great example of how vicious people can be when they feel anonymous. This Uber example is more of the same.

#18 ·
If you get married and have grandchildren together, then everyone will applaud BUT if there is a whiff of a complaint, then you rightfully get deactivated for your shitty judgment.. not unlike most work environments - though most rules usually involve coworkers.

#33 ·
Geeze, you people are stupid. Uber could care less who you're having sex with. THEY JUST DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. But, they know they WILL hear about it, eventually. So, the business policy is, deactivation for all drivers who receive a report about any sort of sexual anything. Uber would kill to know the identities of whisper. It's nothing more than a HUGE liability and I believe they have a genuine concern everyone on the platform. But, the true root of it all is, they don't want to hear about it or have to deal with it, in any way shape or form. EVER.

I have 9200 + trips and don't get all that much attention from women. And probably because I don't give them much. Heheh. However, I do get hints from time to time and one time a real hottie informed me she was out lookn for fun, and wasn't wearing any panties. So, now I had two additional route choices to make. One, raise my eyebrow slightly and give a wise and sagely nod, or ask if she was interested in a hot tub, mood lights, a lil booze and ordering in some eats. Thankfully for both of us, she interpreted my silence as a no go and kept herself busy with her phone. It took a couple of hours for me to get my head around the idea, she could have been setting me up, since Uber had recently been upgraded to, what was it? 80 billion or something? LOL I mean, really. She could have strolled into any bar, and within minutes found what she was supposedly looking for.............;-)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.