1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Having sex with customers...

Discussion in 'News' started by Salthedriver, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Salthedriver

Salthedriver Member

http://abcnews.go.com/US/uber-lyft-drivers-picking-hooking-customers-boast-whisper/story?id=24777078

Uber, Lyft Drivers and Customers Kiss and Tell
    • By RHEANA MURRAY
    Jul 30, 2014
    [​IMG]Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
    A Lyft car drives next to a taxi on June 12, 2014 in San Francisco, California.more +

Uber and Lyft customers might be getting a bit more than a ride home from some of their drivers.

Users of the secret-sharing app Whisper are sharing purported tales of trysts with their civilian chauffeurs -- some saying they went so far as to have consensual sex with the driver they hired.

Others -- both drivers and customers -- just say they've been tempted to hook up with someone they met through the popular ride-sharing apps.

The stories are tantalizing but anonymous. Whisper officials told ABC News that they've vetted accounts of several people who said they have had sex with an Uber or Lyft driver, and of drivers who said they had sex with customers. And based on things such as geo-location of the posts and direct inquiries, they said they have no reason to believe the posts are bogus.

Whisper
    Sample posts from the Whisper app from users who claim to be drivers for Uber and Lyft.more +

"These are legit whispers," said Slade Sohmer, head of news for Whisper.

Jennifer Mullin, a spokeswoman for Uber, said it is definitely against the company's policy for a driver to have sexual relations with a customer.

"Safety is our number one priority," Uber said in a statement. "We always follow up with allegations or complaints of misconduct and take them very seriously. We expect and require driver partners to act professionally while on the road, and hope that riders and drivers are prioritizing safety in their personal lives as well."

Uber drivers have been accused of sexual assaulting riders and even kidnapping a womanin one case in the past, and the company suspends drivers immediately after such allegations.

Lyft did not respond to ABC News' request for comment.

Begs the question...has anyone on here :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    Rakos likes this.
  2. grams777

grams777 Moderator Moderator

3. Salthedriver

Salthedriver Member

4. Nitedriver

Nitedriver Well-Known Member

haaa..interesting...last Saturday the offer was to join "One cop two girls" ...hmmmmm...just kiddin...

5. Allaffair

Allaffair Member

Not sure if this story was a hot piece, but why is it über's business if two consenting adults engage in sex?? Even better if they are getting their cut of 20% of .20/minute.

We are not employees, correct??

Sexual harassment is exactly that, and it is against the law in any situation.

Just saying

UluValea, u-Boat, Trafficat and 2 others like this.
  6. UberComic

UberComic Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    The other night I had a female rider hint that her friend met her driver boyfriend on a Lyft ride. I had to tell her I was married. She was totally my type too.

MadTownUberD likes this.
  7. u_no_me

u_no_me Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If you don't turn off the meter out of common decency, then be aware there are prostitution laws.

Uber only wants to pimp your ride, not your sex life.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Waffle and Rakos like this.
  8. Allaffair

Allaffair Member

I bet! That would be something.

Rakos and getemtheresafely like this.
  9. mp775

mp775 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Well, we've already seen Uber kittens and Uber ice cream. Maybe we're onto something for the Las Vegas rollout...

Rakos likes this.
  10. u_no_me

Driving:
    UberX
    In Chicago we get .24 per minute, I might have to put it in gear to get some mileage. Makes for interesting positions.

Allaffair likes this.
  11. u_no_me

Driving:
    UberX
    less 20%, of course.

eclipse3256 likes this.
  12. Moofish

Moofish Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    UberPimp?

Rakos likes this.
  13. Mimzy

Mimzy Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I've been hit on by both men and women (intoxicated) - but always gently decline.

The real story I have is: the time I was driving two ladies and one of them went into great detail on how she hooked up with her last Lyft driver a few nights prior. She was the instigator and told him "he looked tired, and needed a massage." He eventually agreed and went inside with her. She was pissed because after the deed, he wouldn't give her his phone number and eventually told her he was dating someone. For vengeance, she low rated him and emailed Lyft about what an ass he was and that he hit on her. She said she received notice from Lyft that the driver had been deactivated. The two cackled and laughed about this and thought it has "just hilarious." Post which, tell said to me: "We'd never do that to you..." ..... More laughter.

koyotemohn, Rakos and grams777 like this.
  14. grams777

grams777 Moderator Moderator

15. GearJammer

GearJammer Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    Just make sure you tell your partner they have to rate you prior (get your 5 star!) and that you will rate them after.... ;)

freddieman and Rakos like this.
  16. Roberto

Roberto Member

This all day. What do they care what consenting adults do? I used to work at a video store and a girl was renting obscure horror movies and we got to talking about them and she gave me her number and we dated for a bit. How is this any different? As long as the app is not on then I'm not employed by Uber and why does Uber have any say? Also regarding getting a complaint later, if a girl wants to be vindictive she could just as easily be if she hits on you and you rebuff her. She could just lie and say you were sexually harassing her.

Nagodesi and Rakos like this.
  17. Oc_DriverX

Oc_DriverX Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This story serves as a reason NOT to do it. It seems that Uber would rather take the passenger word first and can you. It also illustrates how inane the rating system can be, especially since its mostly anonymous. People are more likely to be jerks if they think its behind the wall of the internet and/or an app. Twitter is a great example of how vicious people can be when they feel anonymous. This Uber example is more of the same.

Nagodesi and getemtheresafely like this.
  18. u_no_me

Driving:
    UberX
    If you get married and have grandchildren together, then everyone will applaud BUT if there is a whiff of a complaint, then you rightfully get deactivated for your ****ty judgment.. not unlike most work environments - though most rules usually involve coworkers.

Rakos likes this.
  19. LookyLou

LookyLou Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Wow! If it wasn't for the great sex I wouldn't even do this job. :D

20. mp775

mp775 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I think the press, the authorities, and the court of public opinion would probably take the rider's word first, too.