having hard time with Your electric Car? Consider suing TLC

Inshur

Daniello

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/22/nyregion/electric-taxi-experiment-to-begin-in-new-york.html This experiment proved unreliability of the fully electric car to use for ride sharing business yet TLC ignorantly forces people like You with electric car when technology has still yet to mature

1) Most of the Drivers in NYC live in apartment building, Co op or Condo and do not have their own personal home so personal Garage with home charging station is out of the questions

2) Electric Car technology is still in early stage, Lots of research and improvements needs needs to be done on its reliability and battery life before using it for ride sharing business in crowded city like NYC

3) Most of the Drivers works 10 to 12 hours a day and TLC still expects You to spend additional 4 or 5 hours at the charging stations instead of returning home and spending your precious time with Your family members

4) Tesla has the fastest charging stations but still it is very limited in number and space and many time you have to pay for the parking fees just to charge Your car

5) Model 3 cost $40,000 plus Tax and various kind of fees that comes with it, When Car part breaks down, You can't just go to a mechanic shop and get it fixed cauz Tesla Car can mostly be fixed with the help of Tesla only which takes many weeks or even month., Tesla Model 3 only qualifies for UberX

TLC is well aware that Fully Electric Car technology is not ready for ride sharing business yet They went ahead with this rule. I urge anyone out there if Your electric Car doesn't work out and ends up ruining Your financial life then consider suing TLC.

felixdriver

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/22/nyregion/electric-taxi-experiment-to-begin-in-new-york.html This experiment proved unreliability of the fully electric car to use for ride sharing business yet TLC ignorantly forces people like You with electric car when technology has still yet to mature

1) Most of the Drivers in NYC live in apartment building, Co op or Condo and do not have their own personal home so personal Garage with home charging station is out of the questions

2) Electric Car technology is still in early stage, Lots of research and improvements needs needs to be done on its reliability and battery life before using it for ride sharing business in crowded city like NYC

3) Most of the Drivers works 10 to 12 hours a day and TLC still expects You to spend additional 4 or 5 hours at the charging stations instead of returning home and spending your precious time with Your family members

4) Tesla has the fastest charging stations but still it is very limited in number and space and many time you have to pay for the parking fees just to charge Your car

5) Model 3 cost $40,000 plus Tax and various kind of fees that comes with it, When Car part breaks down, You can't just go to a mechanic shop and get it fixed cauz Tesla Car can mostly be fixed with the help of Tesla only which takes many weeks or even month., Tesla Model 3 only qualifies for UberX

TLC is well aware that Fully Electric Car technology is not ready for ride sharing business yet They went ahead with this rule. I urge anyone out there if Your electric Car doesn't work out and ends up ruining Your financial life then consider suing TLC.
Sue yourself for posting such stupid shit.

FuberNYC

IDK if this will work with only a few charging stations in Manhattan, all I know is that it is going to smell worse than JFK cell lot around those charging stations

Frankyfiggs

IDK if this will work with only a few charging stations in Manhattan, all I know is that it is going to smell worse than JFK cell lot around those charging stations
That's when it will be looked at, when rideshare and taxi drivers start cramming the spots where the hipsters and eco terrorists charge their electric cars

you stupid

comrademario

Why aren’t you blaming the dumb drivers that bought an electric car in the first place and registered it without doing due diligence on what it actually means to get car and how to plan around it. I give TLC benefit of the doubt (the horror) and say that they put it in place in case cars get better and/or for any drivers up for the challenge.

Chapar Kanati

Best car for UberX is simply a Camry. And just the base model LE. I bought mine brand new Hybrid LE 2017 and I don't regret it. 70K miles and have done oil changes and Tire change once. I do think that considering I am doing rideshare I should have bought a used model with a couple of thousand miles on it. Maybe a 2016 so I could have saved some extra cash on it. But seeing the reliability of this vehicle I don't feel that bad. Buying a Tesla in NYC for rideshare I always thought was foolish. Considering the expense and repair costs of that vehicle. Not to mention where would I charge it since I live in an apartment building.

Driveralp

Forget about buying an electric but buying a brand new gas car is stupidest, dumbest thing ever for smelly lifeless idiots.

Vishnu643

Who was dumb enough to think using FEV was a bright idea in NYC period ? Using it for ridesharing was a bad idea from the get go. Warning signs aplenty were there