Inshur

Haven't got NI card and VAT number

Hey guys,

I'm about to join Uber.

I haven't yet gone to my interview but I logged on to my Uber account to see if I can upload as many paper work as possible.

One of the things to upload is proof of NI number. I have a NI number and have loads of paperwork to prove it etc but no card
I have lost my card and hm revenue no longer issue cards.

My question is what can I upload to prove my NI number and will it be 100% accepted by Uber.

Now my second question is where do I get VAT number on the account bit it has a VAT section. Has anyone ever filled this bit in? Would they give me a VAT number at the interview.

Please be gentle with me I'm a newbie. Thanks k you all in advance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
guys,

the below is what i emailed uber today about me not having a ni card.

Carlo
(Uber)

Aug 20, 04:15

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for writing in. Happy to address this for you.

I understand that this is quite confusing on your end.

As of the moment, I cannot give you an assurance of that is possible. But you may send us a photo of the said document and I'll forward it to the appropriate team to see if it's possible or not.

For the meantime, do let me know if I can help with anything else aside from this. Have a great one.

Carlo

Zafar Iqbal

Aug 20, 00:20

Hello,

I am about to apply for Uber and have created an account.

I have all my paper work ready except I don't have a physical National Insurance Card. I lost it

I have loads of paper work including payslips with the NI number on it. Would this be sufficient for me to scan in to the Uber partner account?

Kind regards,

Mohammed Iqbal

also had this reply. had 2 reply with 2 different answers from 2 different uber staff:

Dayna (Uber)

Aug 20, 04:01

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for reaching out - happy to assist!

Dayna here with the documents review team. The best thing to do in this situation is to send over the Declarations Page of your insurance policy. If you do not have this on hand you can contact your insurance carrier and they can send it to you. They are familiar with this request

required information we look for on your insurance is as follows:

-your name
-insurance company
-policy number
-effective/expiration date
-vehicle details, including VIN

Please upload a document that includes this information so that we can get you going. You can upload your documents at *link removed*

Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any questions. We're happy to help!

Dayna

Zafar Iqbal

Aug 20, 00:00

Hello,

I have all my paper work ready except I don't have a physical National Insurance Card. I lost it

I have loads of paper work including payslips with the NI number on it. Would this be sufficient for me to scan in to the Uber partner account?

Kind regards,

Mohammed Iqbal

Dubs666

also had this reply. had 2 reply with 2 different answers from 2 different uber staff:

Dayna (Uber)

Hi Mohammed,

Dayna here with the documents review team. The best thing to do in this situation is to send over the Declarations Page of your insurance policy. If you do not have this on hand you can contact your insurance carrier and they can send it to you. They are familiar with this request

-your name
-insurance company
-policy number

Please upload a document that includes this information so that we can get you going. You can upload your documents at *link removed*

Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any questions. We're happy to help!

Dayna

Zafar Iqbal

Hello,

Kind regards,

Mohammed Iqbal
I think u should do what it says in this email as it totally relates to ur NI number lol!

Last edited:

Dubs666

All u need to do is worth ur NI number on a piece of paper and upload it . That's all u need to do .
Also don't bother waste ur time uploading ur docs as they will not check it until they have seen them docs physically for the first time. Just take all ur docs in to the trainin with u.

All u need to do is worth ur NI number on a piece of paper and upload it . That's all u need to do .
Also don't bother waste ur time uploading ur docs as they will not check it until they have seen them docs physically for the first time. Just take all ur docs in to the trainin with u.
thank you guys, you guys give better advise then those clowns at uber

snoodles88

Dayna (Uber)

Hi Mohammed,

-your name
-insurance company
-policy number

Dayna

Zafar Iqbal

Hello,

Kind regards,

Mohammed Iqbal
Haha what the hell. Why is this stupid woman talking about insurance when you asked about national insurance.

My experience for NI was, I took a payslip with me to the Uber office (did not upload. As other guy said waste of time). She did not keep a copy of the payslip, didn't even look at it to be honest. All you have to do is fill in a piece of paper which asks you for all your details including NI.

D1991

dont say you dont need vat number u need vat number if your are vat registered with hmrc