1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Have you received any interesting tips?

Discussion in 'Tips' started by totallynotalion, Aug 30, 2016.

1. KUBriguy

KUBriguy Member

I got two expired coupons for fountain drinks.

2. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    A rider offered me a
    Bud of marijuana once...

Julescase likes this.
  3. WettDreams

WettDreams Active Member

Giving you bud is common in the south bay

4. Roger1012

Roger1012 New Member

Have thrice received a nice bottle of wine from various Napa riders; all were in the industry. Retail values $40, 45, 90

Julescase and Doowop like this.
  5. Doowop

Doowop Well-Known Member

Wow, I like that. Where is napa?

Julescase likes this.

6. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Napa Valley California

It's the heartland of America's wine agriculture.

7. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Well-Known Member

One drunk guy have me $20 cash for stopping at a 7-Eleven to buy smokes. His wife who was with him concurred.

Another lady recently gave me $20 in-app, and I don't know why exactly except we had a moderately pleasant conversation for 40 minutes, and her Uber tab went in her expense account. Wish I could thank her.

The best tip was the $150 cleanup fee paid to me from a woman who vomited on the back seat. Took me 45 minutes to clean it thoroughly and an overnight airing out.

I can make more from vomiting passengers than from grinding out normal trips all day.

8. Irishjohn831

Irishjohn831 Active Member

Drove a nice guy in NY from larchmont to LaGuardia Airport, he tipped me $20 cash and about half hour later I noticed he tipped an extra $10 on the app.

Here’s the kicker w those familiar w NY, the fare to the airport w toll $6 going out, $22.00.

Bridge toll coming back another $6. With no tip and 40 miles RT, eat toll on way back your about even after 1-2 hours depending on traffic.

9. Julescase

Julescase Well-Known Member

A pair of $150 sunglasses that look fabulous on me, thankyouverymuch Mr. & Mrs. Cheapskate!

And PS: thanks for that $2 tip for the 1.5 hour ride to the airport through hideous traffic. Especially after bragging about how many material things you own, your huge house, and the boat you just bought. Karma's a beeeotch.

I always relay my history of paying $65 for a taxi ride to the airport and tipping the driver $20 - always, always, always. It was an $85 ride, and I was fine with that.

Now I give the same exact ride to pax on Uber for $15 and I often get zero in tips. I don't know if it's lack of basic etiquette knowledge, the deeply instilled "no tipping " culture Uber's had for years, or a combination of both, but it makes me sick and so incredibly frustrated. Like, REALLY? No tip? On an airport ride? WHO RAISED YOU??!!

What a generous move. Hey, that's how the rich stay rich!

DocT likes this.