1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Have you received any interesting tips?

Discussion in 'Tips' started by totallynotalion, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Marlan P.

Marlan P. Well-Known Member

Two 20 dollar bills with one 50 dollar bill from one client my 1st month into uber, may have been a drug dealer. He had me drop him off a 2 houses not far from each other, waited like 10min at each house then took him home which was not far, $20 fare....I was hooked after that.

Talha123 likes this.
  2. anneagatha

anneagatha New Member

persons who dont have money :p or not have any idea of waht would be their total fare they can estimate their fare before riding by using ubergo.
    dont be serious just joking . its a free tool available for getting estimates for their rides. :) thanks

Talha123 likes this.
  3. DocT

DocT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    A CEO of an internet company gave me her empty water bottle so I could collect the CRV (California Redemption Value) of $0.05 as a tip. :mad:

Talha123, Roadkill and brendon292 like this.
  4. ptuberx

ptuberx Active Member

I really hope you gave low rating...

5. DocT

DocT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Gave her a 1*, of course. I was about to throw that bottle back at her when I drove away, but decided not to and dumped it at a residential recycling bin around the corner.

Talha123 likes this.

6. ptuberx

ptuberx Active Member

If it was her residence, I would have waited until she exitted the vehicle, put the window down and pulled the whole "Oh sorry ma'am, I forgot that we don't except tips" and winged the bottle out the window.

Talha123 and brendon292 like this.
  7. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It's fascinating to me the number and diversity of different experiences we've had. I've gotten a few $20's, a couple who bolted after I said I had a square reader since they didn't have cash and one woman who motorboated me (she caught me off guard) with her husband looking on approvingly from the back seat. It's a crazy world out there with the inmates running loose.

touberornottouber and Talha123 like this.
  8. DocT

DocT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    When a pax leaves their empty water bottle in my car, I politely tell them they forgot their bottle as they exit. Pax gives me that glare, and says "Oh, sorry," or "thanks," and picks it up.

Talha123 likes this.
  9. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Well-Known Member

I got vegetables from pax garden

Talha123 likes this.
  10. UberJoe427

UberJoe427 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I've been keeping $50 in change on me at all times, I've been had out of a tip too many times not to carry any tip change.

Talha123 and accbll like this.
  11. Digitalxperts

Digitalxperts New Member

HAhahahahahaa

Talha123 likes this.
  12. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

How were you even in the position to be motorboated? What a werid story. Gross

Talha123 likes this.
  13. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It's a long story, the gist of it was that a long conversation about 3 ways went on, I was asked to join and politely declined. When the ride ended, she insisted on giving me a hug, after a little reluctance I leaned over a little and she pushed my face into her cleavage. Nah, not that gross but then again, I'm a pervert (just smart enough to not go after the pax).

Talha123 and Jt UberXL like this.
  14. accbll

accbll New Member

A scratch off lottery ticket worth $10!

Got a few $20's here and there; once got $30 tip on an hour long trip.

Talha123 likes this.
  15. nickd8775

nickd8775 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I got a 6 pack of beer from a group of college students who forgot it after a liquor store run. I'm sure it wasn't intended as a tip but I wouldn't track them down for it. I consumed it a week later

Talha123 likes this.
  16. Roadkill

Roadkill Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I got a tip from some aging hipster yesterday , " you should go back to school, it's never too late"

Talha123, Jt UberXL and Dutch-Ub like this.
  17. krytenTX

krytenTX Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    When I did get tips, it was from people that were NOT rich. Seems like the rich people never tip. I gave a pax a ride to his friends apartment. He was out of work, but still tipped me $2.00. Never have been offered drugs. Largest tip would be $20 from a family outside of the state. I did get $5.00 in quarters once for a liquor store run, and that was handy because my laundry facility is coin op.

Many MANY food offers, but I don't normally take it. Sometimes, when I allow them to go through drive-thru's, they give me the change.

I did get $100 case from a PAX because his friend puked in my car. Last run of the night, so I took it. Easy to clean up and sanitize, so it was worth it. No, I didn't turn it into Uber.

Talha123, Jt UberXL and DocT like this.
  18. ptuberx

ptuberx Active Member

Best tip I received was last week, a fresh $100 bill. Two nights later, I got a ping for pickup from the same address and same name. I show up, it's a different guy. He gets in, and I say "Hmm, I just dropped off a [same name] here a couple days ago." His immediate response was: "Oh, did he tip you $100? Yeah that's my roommate, he's crazy, he tips everyone like that all the time." I'm thinking about parking my car in this dudes driveway and doing one trip per night. Okay, no I'm not, but geez, I'm not complaining, but $100 tip all the time? Me likes this.

Talha123 and Gordiano like this.
  19. crazyb

crazyb Active Member

I had over $200 in tips last week. The first was $100 because I drove a pax to his destination which was over an hour at 2 am in the middle of the boonies. The second gave me $50 because I stopped 3 times to let his girlfriend vomit on the side of the road. I got another $20, $10 and various $2 random tips. It was crazy. I'm sure I won't have another week like that again. My average is $10 week.

Talha123 and DocT like this.
  20. ThatUberGuy

ThatUberGuy New Member

Nice! I once had a guy ask if he could smoke weed in my car. I said no but then he said would you let me if I gave you $100 and I said sure and let him. When we got to his house he told me to come in and I waited as he came back with a $100 bill. I thanked him and was on my way.

Talha123, Jt UberXL and Toddorado like this.