1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Have you received any interesting tips?

Discussion in 'Tips' started by totallynotalion, Aug 30, 2016.

1. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Well-Known Member

I worry that some riders will get the idea that we're rolling in piles of money like Scrooge McDuck. Or, worse. I'd never admit having money when someone in my car used an obviously fake name. Like the "Snoop" guy last summer.

2. ptuberx

ptuberx Active Member

A lot of people use fake names. Last night I picked up a guy named "Precious." I tried to pick up "Sasha," (no-show) but after calling and getting her voicemail, turns out her name is completely different. I don't see what this has to do with tips though.

If someone is willing to give you a straight-up tip, don't show them your money and just say thank you. Throw it in your wallet after you drive away. If someone is trying to play a game with a $100 bill, you're not getting a tip anyway unless you call their bluff and make change with it.

The only way you are going to lose money (tips) is if you flash it around in front of people for no good reason, get robbed at gunpoint, or do something else in the stoopid category.

Reese 1221 likes this.
  3. renbutler

renbutler Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I once got tipped with free food coupons at Chik-fil-a by a store manager.

One drunk guy tried to give me his leftover spaghetti. I declined, and his embarrassed partner tipped me $20 for having to deal with him. :)

Other groups have offered -- and darn near insisted -- that I let them buy me food. I always tell them I can't eat the kind of food they want to buy, for health reasons (which is true).

4. Ringo

Ringo Active Member

1/2 gallon of milk got left in back seat. I'll consider it a tip since it's more than we usually get.

Toddorado likes this.
  5. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

I had a guy try to leave me leftover lamb something... it stunk up my car, and was a 45 mile trip. Gross, guy was sober. Unreal... who does that?

Hey buddy, want my barely chewed gum?

6. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

Lets see... lately its been drugs! 3 offers of coke inside of 2 weeks, a offer of a bump of meth. Lots of weed offers, one hash. I dont know the past month has been weird like that.

I got my front windows and a stripe on the windshield tinted for free as a tip. I tipped the tinter 40, so it was ~ 1/2 price.

I get food all the time, if i make a stop and they offer, i take them up on it. Store-red bull, drive thru-food.

Now, my favorite offer, and I cant wait to collect, was from a private pilot. He flys private jets, I gave him a ride to a small local airport, tne plane was in for maintenance. He offered to take me for the ride, I took a rain check. He did text me a few weeks ago but i couldn't do it then. I remind him every so often that I still want to go.

Ive been invited fishing on a charter boat, to several parties, strip clubs, i had a guy give me 50 to take his wife to a strip club, he was tanked and she wanted to go out.

She was pissed at him, too many shots, it was only 10pm. She was pissed off at him big time after that. We got there and she was still pissed, she had one drink and we left. All on app. She tipped me 20.

Had a chick ask me if we "could work something out in exchange for a ride" I declined.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  7. ptuberx

ptuberx Active Member

Got one last night: A guy gave me a winning scratch-off lotto ticket for $5. The scratch-off is from Texas. I live in Iowa. Woo-hoo.

8. renbutler

Driving:
    UberXL
    Just enter Texas in the destination filter, and you're golden...

9. LA2MT

LA2MT New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Scrooge mcduck lol

10. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

Had a guy "dafaq"

He was a drive by and hide and wait. No show.

11. BlackHatRideshare

BlackHatRideshare New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I drove a couple to the airport ending there vacation in Newport RI. They had a big bottle of white wine they couldn't bring on the plan. I told them to chug it! We all laughed and they gave me a $20 and the wine.

Just Another Uber Drive and DocT like this.
  12. oneanother3993

oneanother3993 Member

Somehow I thought this thread was going to be about something else.

Stupid Loser and Reese 1221 like this.
  13. Lastactionhero

Lastactionhero New Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Dropped pax off at the airport the other day; he says **** I can't take this on the plane and hands me a bottle of makers mark and a beer

DocT and BlackHatRideshare like this.
  14. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

I took a guy to the airport unexpectedly (he was first planning to take a bus). When he got out he gave me a sealed gallon jug of drinking water and a large folding knife.

15. oneanother3993

oneanother3993 Member

I wonder if this was like Michael Vick's water bottle. i.e. something he couldn't take on the plane.

16. chris1966

chris1966 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Last Friday, Carrie Underwood's crew was stopped over on their way to Dallas (I think). I picked 2 of them up at Walmart. They had a grill, tongs, meat, and beer.

They asked if I wanted the grill and cooking gear they would leave them in the corner of the parking lot when they are done.

Headed over to the hotel at 6 in the morning and picked up my new grill. :)

17. PerthMercdriver

PerthMercdriver Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    stupidity!

Shangsta likes this.
  18. renbutler

Driving:
    UberXL
    Did he ask you to "get rid of it?"

19. uberdude73

uberdude73 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    1. College girl gave me her screen name to her chaturbate channel. Said if I went online to her room she'd give me a private show. Have yet to accept, I don't even know what a chaturbate room is. 2. Picked up 3 girls and a guy. Drove them to a bar, each one gave me a $10 bill. 3. Guy asks me how much tip he should give me. I said whatever he felt like giving based on his experience with the ride. He gave me a $50. 4. Picked up a drunk guy at a bar. Drove him home, he gets out and started to dig around in his wallet before throwing something on the seat, closing the door and staggering inside. It was a $20. He probably thought it was a $2 bill.

20. brendon292

brendon292 Active Member

Drove some guys that worked a craft brewery from the their store to a bar. They gave me a few cans of beer.