• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Have you ever taken the food ? (Steal the food)

UberfiST

Uber pays me to eat the food.

If pax orders to condo and doesn't provide apt # and buzz code, I call twice. If their phone is off or they don't pick up, free meal.

If I arrive at dropoff location and there is NO parking, I call. If eater doesn't meet me outside, free meal.

Capiche?

Tbc007

Purposefully? No... at least not yet. However I have no qualms with keeping the food when Uber shenanigans happens.

Customers that don’t come to the door when I ring or call them up don’t deserve the food. How is it that all other deliver jobs I’ve done (food and parcel), nobody ever takes more than 30 seconds to answer the door but yet these Uber degenerates take forever? It’s like this service was made for whacked out late night coke heads to just order food and pass out.

Answer the door or it’s in my belly.

UberfiST

Exactly. They will look at how many deliveries you are completing vs how many cancels you've accumulated. 1 cancel per 50 deliveries shouldn't be a problem. If you cancel 25%, that will be a problem. Also, always select a legit reason from the list of reasons they give

UberCZ

Just last night, I noticed a (new?) feature in the UE app that starts a 5 minute timer after I call the customer upon getting to the delivery address but don't get an answer. Once the timer gets to zero, the app states "You will be paid for this trip. Tap to cancel delivery." Previously, I had to call UE Help, which then tries to contact the customer, and only after 5 or more minutes, they would cancel the delivery. With the built-in 5 minute timer, it's much more efficient, and I would expect to get more free meals in the future.

GruveRecords

Just last night, I noticed a (new?) feature in the UE app that starts a 5 minute timer after I call the customer upon getting to the delivery address but don't get an answer. Once the timer gets to zero, the app states "You will be paid for this trip. Tap to cancel delivery." Previously, I had to call UE Help, which then tries to contact the customer, and only after 5 or more minutes, they would cancel the delivery. With the built-in 5 minute timer, it's much more efficient, and I would expect to get more free meals in the future.
Not new. Always been there. End trip/no show, get paid, eat. That's how I get 1 Free Lunch per week. Lazy customers buy me lunch.

bilyvh

Yeah I've stolen food legitamately once only and that was because 1) the customer listed the addresd but no apt number 2) I always wanted to try the food from this place. So I arrived and instead of calling I pressed the blue call button and then instead of dialing the the number just hit back button on android and started the 5 min timer. I gave her a 5 min window to get back to me but I guess special princess was busy. Oh well. The sweets were delicious by the way, thanks entitled snowflake.

Vanelaintreoida

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
taking someone else's food for no reason is theft. a crime of moral turpitude. you don't want to do that.
I know, I just wondered. I got food twice bc the customer didn't show up and felt terrible for eating their food lmao

Eesoso

If you're klepto and do have a desire to steal someone else's food, then do it at the very beginning of your Uber eats adventure because this is something the company takes very seriously. I cancel plenty, but never with cargo without getting the ok from uber support line, which does happen occasionally.

Sdotnet

No...i have never stolen food ...i did get free Chinese food because I dont have base access lol but never actually canceled an order out of spite lol

tohunt4me

You will need a bigger freezer now !