Certain Judgment

...one of these for low acceptance? Sounds a little more threatening this time:

Missed requests aren't good for the community.

It looks like you're continuing to skip ride requests by letting the timer count down to zero. This causes a bad experience for the passenger, so we're reaching out with a third reminder.

Remember: Missed requests create delays for passengers and leave them with a bad impression of our community. People rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and we'd love your help being there for them.

Thanks,
The Lyft Team

Raven087

...one of these for low acceptance? Sounds a little more threatening this time:

Yes. After the third email, any future emails will just say we've reached out to you several times.

Nothing to worry about. Their own website even states you are not obligated to accept any request you dont want to.
Not accepting is fine, canceling is not fine.

My weekly acceptance rate is usually 20% But that will increase with the new Line rates

Certain Judgment

Yes. After the third email, any future emails will just say we've reached out to you several times.

Nothing to worry about. Their own website even states you are not obligated to accept any request you dont want to.
Not accepting is fine, canceling is not fine.

My weekly acceptance rate is usually 20% But that will increase with the new Line rates

Thanks! I appreciate the encouragement. Lyft has even less respect for my profitability than Uber.

A passenger yesterday told me that they like Lyft more than Uber because they live way out in the boonies, and while Uber will state there are no drivers in range to pick them up, Lyft will still allow them to summon a driver 20+ minutes away from them. I, as a driver, am not answering that ping...unless the Lyft app detects my finger on the screen of my phone and auto-accepts a ping for me faster than I remove my finger. I HATE it when that happens...happened yesterday. 18 minute trip to get the person so she didn't have to walk her lazy ass a quarter of a mile to the shopping mall. $3.37 payout...and no tip, of course!

I also hate Lyft's passenger adding queue system. At least Uber has the decency to ask if I want to take a chained ride and gives me info on pax rating, ride type, surge, and location info. Lyft just auto-adds them without any additional info. How is it not an employer/employee relationship if they force me to accept a job? "Last Ride" every time for me when dealing with these Lyft losers.

Certain Judgment

Is there any way to avoid the chained rides at all?

Press the "Online" button at the top of the Lyft app when on a ride to put it in "Last Ride" mode. This will stop chained rides. I hear it doesn't work when on a Lyft Line trip, but we don't have Line in my city to test that, and even if we did, I would never accept a Line request.

Raven087

Thanks! I appreciate the encouragement. Lyft has even less respect for my profitability than Uber.

A passenger yesterday told me that they like Lyft more than Uber because they live way out in the boonies, and while Uber will state there are no drivers in range to pick them up, Lyft will still allow them to summon a driver 20+ minutes away from them. I, as a driver, am not answering that ping...unless the Lyft app detects my finger on the screen of my phone and auto-accepts a ping for me faster than I remove my finger. I HATE it when that happens...happened yesterday. 18 minute trip to get the person so she didn't have to walk her lazy ass a quarter of a mile to the shopping mall. $3.37 payout...and no tip, of course!

I also hate Lyft's passenger adding queue system. At least Uber has the decency to ask if I want to take a chained ride and gives me info on pax rating, ride type, surge, and location info. Lyft just auto-adds them without any additional info. How is it not an employer/employee relationship if they force me to accept a job? "Last Ride" every time for me when dealing with these Lyft losers.

Totally agree, I might be looking at a website while parked, the ping comes and it accepts me in the blink of an eye. I scream. I have done a few cancellations in this scenario. I did once receive a warning so I have done my best to avoid doing that

Yozee

Just got a text and an email about acceptance rate. I received them many times b4 but this time it is starting to freak me out especially that my account got deactivated for cancellations last month. Have not cancelled in the last 200 trips, now they want me to accept shitty $3.50 trips? Or a 4.3 ratings 10 minutes away?

Has anyone been deactivated because of low acceptance rate?

Feuerbach

Totally agree, I might be looking at a website while parked, the ping comes and it accepts me in the blink of an eye. I scream. I have done a few cancellations in this scenario. I did once receive a warning so I have done my best to avoid doing that
I get the feeling that Lyft warnings are a way for them to try to influence "contractor" behavior as though they were employees, but lets Lyft maintain the illusion that they have zero responsibility to their contractors.

DavidHill76

If that happens again, make sure to send a support ticket I always screenshot rides that are 10 minutes away or more. And if the ride request is shorter than the time it takes to get there. Sometimes they will give you compensation for it. For time driven to pick up passenger in mileage. I have luck with it about 30% of the time. But it is worth sending in every single one.

SurgeSurferSD

Haha got this one today after skipping 2 line requests. There HAD to be a ton of closer drivers with how saturated San Diego is right now. And yeah, of course my acceptance rate is crap. I hate the auto accept/stacking as well and cancel anything I wouldn't accept otherwise, including the accidental screen taps mentioned above.

IMG_0162.PNG