• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Have you ever made a pax friend?

Highly Exalted

I had a rider who did Uber for a year before it blew all the way up. He said he made friends that he still keeps in touch with. The guy was about 49 and handsome as heck. We had a good talk with another pool passenger. I was still surprised he developed such intimate relationships with so many riders though.

I often feel a strong connection to my riders but when the ride is over I hesitate to ask for a number or email address.

1) have you ever hung out with a rider after a ride?
2) have you ever asked for a pax contact info?
3) do you ever feel like you made a connection with your pax?

F213

I am dating a pax. She seems cool and all, but I have this insecurity that I am 16 yrs older than her. She is 23, I am 39.

She asked me for my number after leaving her at lax. She called me the very next day and we just hit it off.

I made a very bonding connection with the pax alright.

omarciano

I picked up a pax at UCLA Hospital. She was doing research on the ethics of morality..or something like that. Very interesting lady. We had a very interesting conversation. Short ride (about 10 min.) but then she gave me her card and said we should continue this conversation over beers. I meant to call her but lost her card. She was a Lyft passenger. I find that Lyft passengers are friendlier than Uber.

Highly Exalted

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am dating a pax. She seems cool and all, but I have this insecurity that I am 16 yrs older than her. She is 23, I am 39.

She asked me for my number after leaving her at lax. She called me the very next day and we just hit it off.

That is hot. It is too late to be insecure. She wanted you; that is why she asked you out.

Highly Exalted

I picked up a pax at UCLA Hospital. She was doing research on the ethics of morality..or something like that. Very interesting lady. We had a very interesting conversation. Short ride (about 10 min.) but then she gave me her card and said we should continue this conversation over beers. I meant to call her but lost her card. She was a Lyft passenger. I find that Lyft passengers are friendlier than Uber.

Most of Lyft riders are hard core jaded former uber riders. Lol

Master_Liu

I wish I had this luck, even though I strike up conversations with my pax's, make them laugh and all, hear their issues or problems. I still try to be as professional as possible. I treat everyone as how I want to be treated, with respect.

Only time I got a number was when this woman wanted me to give to the other pool pax that I had dropped off before her.

mghtyred

Yea, I have yet to get any serious friend or more interest. Closest I get is drunk or weird ladies looking for a quick hookup. I turn all of those down.

Highly Exalted

I wish I had this luck, even though I strike up conversations with my pax's, make them laugh and all, hear their issues or problems. I still try to be as professional as possible. I treat everyone as how I want to be treated, with respect.

Only time I got a number was when this woman wanted me to give to the other pool pax that I had dropped off before her.

Lol, so you think it is disrespectful to try to hang out with pax?

One time I was really hungry and I drove this pax over an hour to Rosemead to a Chinese restaurant. I was like well I'm going to get something too. Too bad the place smelled fishy as heck. I left her there. She was a sweet nice girl though. There was also a guy I was going to watch a movie with. I dropped him off at arc light to see batman. I was like dang that movie is going to be terrible and we were going back and forth about it. I was like let me park and go in. But the parking at Culver arc light sucks. Dude was cool we were talking about everything celebrities, girls, comic books. He lived near me too. He would have been a cool buddy. Missed connection.

Highly Exalted

Yea, I have yet to get any serious friend or more interest. Closest I get is drunk or weird ladies looking for a quick hookup. I turn all of those down.

Too rich for my blood. Modern society goes to far. How can you just hookup with a stranger?! This is how girls get raped and thrown in ditches. Good for you turning them down. Cover your six, man.

Master_Liu

Lol, so you think it is disrespectful to try to hang out with pax?

One time I was really hungry and I drove this pax over an hour to Rosemead to a Chinese restaurant. I was like well I'm going to get something too. Too bad the place smelled fishy as heck. I left her there. She was a sweet nice girl though. There was also a guy I was going to watch a movie with. I dropped him off at arc light to see batman. I was like dang that movie is going to be terrible and we were going back and forth about it. I was like let me park and go in. But the parking at Culver arc light sucks. Dude was cool we were talking about everything celebrities, girls, comic books. He lived near me too. He would have been a cool buddy. Missed connection.
Oh that's funny, I live near the Arclight in Culver City. But to answer your question it just depends on the situation. If the roles were reversed then it would be considered "creepy". But if a female does it, than it's acceptable. Double standard.

Highly Exalted

Oh that's funny, I live near the Arclight in Culver City. But to answer your question it just depends on the situation. If the roles were reversed then it would be considered "creepy". But if a female does it, than it's acceptable. Double standard.

I guess if you saw me you would not feel creeped out trying to hang with me. It would be 100% friendly. Guys feel instantly comfortable around me. I give off friend zone vibe since I was in preschool. Lmbo.

I am also not a new age girl. I don't think it is weird for a guy to ask a girl out or just hang. If the role was reversed and you were like mind if I come watch I would have been lie heck yeah! Even if I was a cute straight girl. This was a cute straight guy.

Optimus Uber

I have enough issues in life. I never act on it. Been offered many things, don't want to accept the liability of what may happen in the future. I'm happy with the way life is. Like the others have posted above, have been given phone numbers, have been offered to come in, have been offered to be the third, have been offered to grab drinks, come get me after the concert and drive me back to the hotel (the entire ride there were nothing but sexual innuendos), etc.

For me, personally, keep it professional and keep your gig. You're taking a risk. If you don't need uber or want to drive for Uber and you want to take the risk by all means.

Last edited:

Uruber

I guess I would have to start dressing better to drive lol :p

I am not looking but also not against meeting friends or someone that may lead to more than friends, I did feel some connection with a few passengers, but my mind is so occupied in so many things besides Uber that I am sure I may have missed some of this opportunities, one time I did noticed a passenger flirting with me, but she wasn't my type.

Tedgey

That's the hottest story. The two girl thing you know