• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Have you ever kicked out a passenger

warsaw

What’s your story?. More that couple of times I wanted to but never did
Yes, I booted a couple who were kissing passionately and disturbing my driving focus. They refused to stop, their ass was dropped off after a few blocks. They were very rude, but I didn’t want to put up with their ill manners and makeout manuvers in my car.

Goduckies

I picked up on Union street.... nuff said....

Xl trip going to San Mateo at 120 darn they got me, but its xl so ok. Half way there one of the guys wants To add to redwood city for cash. I tell him 30 bucks. He doesn't have that much insults me as a worthless uber driver calls me fat etc... I had enough pulled over at crystal springs road bingo hall. Kicked them all out. Good luck getting an xl at 140 there l, I bet they waited 40 mins in the cold.

Pax Collector

Once.

Picked up a guy at San Jose airport heading to Los Altos Hills. Right from the start he begins criticizing my every move. Complains about the weather like it was my fault. We hit the 880 and I was trying to merge when he kept whining about traffic and how I should be in the left lane already. Once we hit 280 and he kept doing the same thing, I told him that he should let me do the driving and I didn't like back seat drivers. Didn't work. At some point I'd had enough, exited on Lawrence Expressway and kicked him out in a parking lot.

Jaredgeorge29

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I picked up on Union street.... nuff said....

Xl trip going to San Mateo at 120 darn they got me, but its xl so ok. Half way there one of the guys wants To add to redwood city for cash. I tell him 30 bucks. He doesn't have that much insults me as a worthless uber driver calls me fat etc... I had enough pulled over at crystal springs road bingo hall. Kicked them all out. Good luck getting an xl at 140 there l, I bet they waited 40 mins in the cold.
Can’t you get banned for asking cash?

Yesterday I picked up this girl. First she put a wrong pick up spot. But I was ok with it. Few mins later she puts a song on her phone very loud and sing along with it. It was very distracting for me and my driving. Then she talked on phone really loud to one of her friends about some guy. Puts on my light without even asking.

I was very very very pissed. I wanted to punch her but i didn’t say anything. One starred in the end.

I think she one starred me too although there was no reason and I didn’t say or do anything at all.

Pax Collector

Yes, I booted a couple who were kissing passionately and disturbing my driving focus. They refused to stop, their ass was dropped off after a few blocks. They were very rude, but I didn’t want to put up with their ill manners and makeout manuvers in my car.
Such a buzz kill lol

Luber4.9

A handful and some aren't memorable — pax with bad attitudes that I judge will persist during the ride, get booted.

Most are entitled types aged 25-45. Sometimes I would employ the "app dropped the ride, sorry" to get them out without any escalation.

Hillman77

Over 5 years I’ve kicked out about 2 per year. The common denominator is that they were acting rude in some way. Always drop them in a safe place and that’s all you need to worry about. Edit, three of them were for having horrendous body odor.

Seattle_my_beloved

Tossing paxholes out of my car is almost a daily thing to me. Last one that I tossed out had just smoked a cigaret and I did not want my car to smell. I immediately asked him politely to get out. He didn't, so I had to get dirty. I always carry a minimum of 15 one stars on my account lol. Keep tossing trash out, folks!!! It feels really good.
Post automatically merged:

Once.

Right from the start he begins criticizing my every move.
That would have been enough to wake up the Clint Eastwood inside me . And I would have told him to either shut the @@@@ up, or get the @@@@ out.

Last edited:

Goduckies

I also kicked out a guy the other day that had his GPS on and he muted it. Said that was Rude what you don't trust drivers? We were going to San Mateo on a pool. Sorry dude you are Google maps me you are out.

4 1/2 years, 22k+ rides, only kicked one person out.

He was backseat driving, which is nothing new, but being especially annoying about it. It was only a 10 minute ride in light traffic, so I'm not sure how much I could have screwed it up. When I made a turn he didn't like, he said "no, no, no... Oh my God, I can't believe you made that turn." At this point, I made a comment about his wanting to control every bit of the ride, and he said "F*** you!" At that point, I pulled over and ending the ride. Almost made it 4 years without kicking someone out, but the "FU" was the magic word. It took awhile to get ride of him, and as he left, he spat on my face.

I reported it to Lyft, and I'm pretty sure they kicked him off the platform. Because... I was driving Uber (my preferred method) in the same area, and I picked him up again. It didn't register at first it was the same guy, but after a few directions from the backseat and I glance at the name and face, I realized he was back. I didn't mention who I was, but I asked if he ever rode Lyft. He said "Yes, I used to take Lyft all the time, but not anymore."

JLaw1719

I don’t know why you guys put up with backseat driving. I don’t say this to be hard or pretend I’m some badass because I’m just not lol. But the moment that starts, I nip it in the bud immediately because if you don’t, you’ve just given up control of your ride and it’s only going to go downhill from there.

Of course I’m not saying to be a dick when you put them in their place, but 9/10 will back down and apologize for it. The persistent ones will also back off when you exude complete confidence. Throw a little charm in there and you might even get tipped at the end.

warsaw

I welcome backseat drivers, when it works in my favor, such having them recommend 280, instead of 101.
Also, if they live in the hills, where one wrong turn could cost you an extra 5-10 minutes of driving.
I have actually kicked this couple out of my car, because the husband started telling me how Uber drivers always go the wrong way to SF.
Anyway, I told them that I know the best way and did not need any help, but the jerk continued directing me.

Stopped at a safe place and booted them out, because it was the right thing to do.