• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Have you ever gotten a one cent tip?

goneubering

I’m sure I read about someone getting a one cent tip but I don’t remember which forum it was. The reason I ask is because of this Uber billing glitch which is two digits off. I think a one cent tip could be another two digit glitch in the wrong direction.

mellorock

I’m sure I read about someone getting a one cent tip but I don’t remember which forum it was. The reason I ask is because of this Uber billing glitch which is two digits off. I think a one cent tip could be another two digit glitch in the wrong direction.

Yes st pats day 2018 two guys one Russian girlfriend guy kept bragging about being from prominent family and his gf from prominent Russian family and all the expensive watches he bought in Vegas . the drop off on market no way to get to other side of street
One cent tip
I hope he got something .💥

Lee239

Uber should not allow this by putting in code that does not permit it to go thru. it's like harassment. Anything less than $1.00 is an insult a penny is a literal FU it's worse than no tip.

The Gift of Fish

The 1c tip is reserved for incredibly awful service as a giant FU to a tipped employee.

It’s worse than not tipping, it’s taking the time to give exactly 1c.
An insult is only effective if the targeted person feels insulted. When I was given a one cent tip, I couldn't give a flying duck. On the contrary, if all non-tippers had tipped me one cent, I would have earned an extra $100 over my rideshare career. Who's going to say no to an extra 100 bucks?

Leaving a one cent tip would be more insulting in services where tipping is customary instead of the exception, such as restaurant servers. The lack of tipping in rideshare, though, is just one of the many misconceptions pax have about the service.

The only time I got marginally annoyed is when a bag used to contain female hygiene products got into the car for a 5 minute ride. He immediately piped up, asking about tipping. He said, "I guess tips are an important part of your income?". I replied that it was nice to receive them. He then went on to ask about other aspects of driver pay.

5 minutes later he got out and, of course, no tip. If they're not going to tip that's fine; it's expected, but making a song and dance asking about it and then giving no tip earned him a preemptive 1*.

Last edited:
The 1c tip is reserved for incredibly awful service as a giant FU to a tipped employee.

It’s worse than not tipping, it’s taking the time to give exactly 1c.
Happened to me once — some borderline underaged teen kid added a life-changing 1 cent as a tip. Got me puzzled there for a second, when it was posted, LOL!
Usually, I don’t sweat little things, nor care enough to analyze ppl’ underlying reasonings or (in some cases) mood disorders. However, if I have to — my theory is:
A younger, infrequent or inexperienced rideshare user might think that “adding a tip” is THE only way out in order to close the deal & move on with their day.
Thus, a strange $0.01 tip comes in, with zero intention to steer-up driver’s (fragile :wink:) status quo.
Post automatically merged:

I got a $0.01 tip once from a teenager after I ejected him.
Same.

Funky Monkey

Or pax may generously round up the amount they pay. For example, instead of paying $59.99 they kindly round up to $60. Hell, some of us drive for $0.62 per mile. $0.01 is awesome!

real taxi bod

11 pence just this week ,
Who said we don’t pick up Uber customers :o-o: 😄

MiamiKid

Uber should not allow this by putting in code that does not permit it to go thru. it's like harassment. Anything less than $1.00 is an insult a penny is a literal FU it's worse than no tip.
Gave $.25 tip, to a driver, who refused A/C and wouldn't allow front seat.

Of course, still gave him one ☆ and write up.

Am primarily a driver and have high standards. Hopefully, sent a strong message.

Jufkii

Uber payed me $0.01 extra on a ' Premium Pickup Likely" ride once.

I'm not sure which of the two, that or a $0.01 tip is more insulting.

TemptingFate

Got a 1 star and 1 cent tip from a drunk millennial who promised to tip me $20 in the app for stopping at a Burger King drive-thru. He ended up paying a $40 clean-up fee for "spilling his food." After that, all tips for drive-thru stops have to be paid in cash and in advance.

peteyvavs

Got a 1 star and 1 cent tip from a drunk millennial who promised to tip me $20 in the app for stopping at a Burger King drive-thru. He ended up paying a $40 clean-up fee for "spilling his food." After that, all tips for drive-thru stops have to be paid in cash and in advance.
Unless there’s a 20.00 tip I will go through the drive through and keep on driving 🤣

Kodyhead

That's why I tip drivers $0.02

MiamiKid

Better yet, refuse the drive through altogether. Then, if they offer up front cash tip? Grab it.

But, actually soliciting, the cash, could result in deactivation.

Am done with stops, myself. Refusing almost all of them. Star rating crashing. No worries.

When I get tipped just $1 on the app it almost feels like an insult.

Almost. Then you realize they at least took the time, and who knows, maybe that was a lot for them at the time.

It's just that $1 doesn't buy much anymore. When I was a kid I could get 10 hamburgers for a buck at the local burger shack.