• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Have the guts to score non-tipping passengers 4 max.

RockinEZ

Google "Should you tip your Uber driver?
Read what the public thinks of us.
It will really make you mad.

We can't get Uber to add a tip function so start working on the passengers.
Don't say anything, just score a max of 4 to non-tipping passengers.

Don't pick up low scoring passengers.
They will get the idea.

UberLou

How do I tell who the real @@@@@@@@ are now with your genious plan? The mean, puking, damage my vehicle, never put a destination, stuff 7 in X, eat inside my car real pricks.

Eventuality we are going to have a bunch of low 4 passengers. In the long run we are just punishing ourselves. Driver's are going to lower their pickup standards.

People insult us because of the false sense given to them from Uber. Uber is the real enemy. We need to figure a way to damage their revenue stream and get negative stories about them in social media. That's what they respond to.

fork2323

Ratings don't matter for Pax, they can't get kicked out even if they have a 1... uber does not suspend riders. So rating them is a waist of time and meaningless.

uberissohonest

Ratings don't matter for Pax, they can't get kicked out even if they have a 1... uber does not suspend riders. So rating them is a waist of time and meaningless.
their rating does matter. i cancelled a 3.8 last night 4 times, she kept getting bumped around. there were 4 other drivers closer to her doing the same thing. no way she got a ride.

UberLou

their rating does matter. i cancelled a 3.8 last night 4 times, she kept getting bumped around. there were 4 other drivers closer to her doing the same thing. no way she got a ride.
Yeah but the truth is you have no clue how they got a 3.8. Was it for not tipping or was it because they were an @@@@@@@ in the past. Riddle me that one? Now you are @@@@ing with someone getting home safley because drivers are abusing the ratings system. Ridiculous!

uberissohonest

given that most pax are 4.8 or higher, it's highly unlikely she got a 3.8 because of non-tipping. no, there's no way to prove it, but odds are she's not worth a driver's time because she's a pain in the ass.

UberLou

given that most pax are 4.8 or higher, it's highly unlikely she got a 3.8 because of non-tipping. no, there's no way to prove it, but odds are she's not worth a driver's time because she's a pain in the ass.
4.8 and higher until enough @@@@@@@ drivers ding them for what Uber imprinted in their brain about not tipping. You are probably correct about that rider but its questionable now.

Oh My

I'd always cancel those in the 3's and below. Once I picked up a Lyft 1* rider just to see what he was all about. The 1* could have been a glitch but it was odd that him and his 2 friends did not peep one word the entire trip. They were probably advised to just keep their mouths SHUT the next time. I gave him 5*s.

Oh My

Here, I just had dinner with some good friends that introduced me to Uber as a rider years ago. She knew I was a driver for a while and was absolutely HORRIFIED to learn that tips were not included. She just sent me a text on the ride home stating she tipped thier Uber driver. I told her she didn't "have" to and it wasn't her fault she was misled by Uber.

They also said they paid $20 to go about 2.5 miles over my way while hung up in Cubs traffic and apologized to their driver about the delay. I told them not to worry about it as it had to have been a surge and the driver was happy. They did not @@@@@, complain or whine about the price.

They were also shocked a driver risked deactivation at 4.5* and said they always rated their driver 5* and "never had a bad one".....and they use Uber ALOT. He mentioned he uses Uber to the airport frequently (I forgot he travels for work) and did tell him to please do tip the driver on airport runs as they are a loss and explained why.

My how we're all different aren't we? And this is why they have remained my only true friends in this shitty of $hitcago for a decade.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLA

python134r

Here, I just had dinner with some good friends that introduced me to Uber as a rider years ago. She knew I was a driver for a while and was absolutely HORRIFIED to learn that tips were not included. She just sent me a text on the ride home stating she tipped thier Uber driver. I told her she didn't "have" to and it wasn't her fault she was misled by Uber.

They also said they paid $20 to go about 2.5 miles over my way while hung up in Cubs traffic and apologized to their driver about the delay. I told them not to worry about it as it had to have been a surge and the driver was happy. They did not *****, complain or whine about the price.

They were also shocked a driver risked deactivation at 4.5* and said they always rated their driver 5* and "never had a bad one".....and they use Uber ALOT. He mentioned he uses Uber to the airport frequently (I forgot he travels for work) and did tell him to please do tip the driver on airport runs as they are a loss and explained why.

My how we're all different aren't we? And this is why they have remained my only true friends in this shitty of $hitcago for a decade.

I have had a few good regulars react the same way.

ericFL

I do not rate an otherwise good rider with a 4 for lack of a tip. A rider that shows up where the pin is set at about the time that I arrive, and act like a decent human being during the ride, and treats me accordingly gets a 5. If the rider want to talk, or want me to STFU and drive does not matter. That being said, a rider that messes up in re. pickup location, or is a tad late will get a 5 if they DO tip. Heck, a tip will cover a multitude of sins that would otherwise result in a 3. I have +/- 850 rides now (this is a part time thing for me, doing about 15 hrs or so per week, mainly on weekends, except when I have to improve ratings by doing a bit of non-drunk hour rides. So far, I have 1 or 2 starred less than 10 times.: if the rider insist on me breaking the law, or is a complete @@@@@@@, they will get a 1, but those sort of riders will, in my experience not tip anyway.

If non-tippers gets a 4 across the board, the value of a rating in way of avoiding the @@@@@@@@ by not picking up riders with a score below 4.5/4.6, we are missing out on otherwise sensible rides and riders. That being said, the relative ease with which a rider can create a new account makes it very tricky to avoid the @@@@@@@@.

Most riders are reasonable, decent human beings; the mantra of the 'no tip' is fuberbased, and riders should imo not be penalized for that. There is SOME help in the rating when considering accepting a ping: if you set a threshold of 4.5, we loose out on otherwise decent rides if non-tipping results in a default 4 star.

Einstein

This thread illustrates how stupid Uber Management is. They want the Pax to have a cashless experience. Yet by not providing a tipping function, the decent Pax have to dig into their pockets to find the cash for a tip.

dawillg

Can someone explain how tipping became an issue. You were probably told as I was when I started driving that UBER is a no cash exchanging system. Meaning no tipping. I dont get you folks that cry about tipping....

Einstein

Can someone explain how tipping became an issue.
Read the complaints forum for a week and then come back and ask again.
Hint: It might have something to do with the fact that driver net earnings are less than minimum wage in most markets. And Uber communicates to customers that the tip is included in the fare.

Reactions: JLA

dawillg

Honestly if drivers are so fed up with the system what keeps them here, its advertised as part time never intended for people to make a full living off of them. Use it as its intended to be used if its not for you then dont do it. Simple.....

dawillg

No, not a troll just an UBER driver like most of the people here. UBER is in Las Vegas and Reno. I happen to do ok here. Just wondering, if I dont like a job I leave I dont hang around hoping my complaints will make a change. Companies dont change but people can.

dawillg

Theres a cutoff to the amount of hours you can drive. I personally dont work more tha 5 or 6 hours in a day. 3 to 4 days a week.