1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Have the ants doubled in number in the last 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by KPax, Jul 13, 2018.

1. KPax

KPax

All my nice perches are infested. I'm somehow able to make okay money, but I really had to adjust.

Are they all teachers with nothing to do during the summer?

2. uberworm

uberworm

Last year uber went absolutely berserk with adding new drivers. On top of that when it slows down in summer we see even more ants.

3. Nats121

Nats121

They're infested because they're lucrative.

You have to assume sweet-eating ants will discover your honey holes.

Some teachers may give rideshare a try, but when they realize how bad the pay is, they'll bail out.

3.75 likes this.
  4. GGDaddy

GGDaddy

Driving:
    UberX
    Yep, they quickly realize that being a teacher is nothing like being an Uber driver.

In one job you deal with whiny babies all day who make a mess, act like brats, need a bath, are immature, and likely haven’t been taught any manners by overprotective parents who spoil them.

In the other job you’re a teacher.

5. I hear glamorous sounding commercials on the radio all the time unlike last year, spoken by some idiot with a sophisticated sounding voice & delightful words... boy these new drivers are in for an unpleasant surprise & in many cases realize its the worst **** they've ever done for a living like myself

Zdriver19 and roadman like this.
  6. nutzareus

nutzareus

Driving:
    UberX
    Even in the remote corner of upper Montgomery County where I reside, right now I see numerous ants roaming. What are they doing!? I don’t even log on because there’s no action right now. The sooner these teachers and college kids get off the road, the better.

New2This, 3.75, Jo3030 and 2 others like this.
  7. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    The pay for either one is garbage. In fact, the pay for a cab driver is better than that for a teacher.

FIFY

The only difference is that in one job, the people who know nothing about your job but try to micromanage you are local, whereas in the other, they are in the Silicon Valley, Bangalore, Pondicherry and Quezon City.

I have my sweet spots, but they are sweet spots that the ants will never suspect. It is an advantage that I have. One of my best ones is one about which the cab drivers have known for years.

GGDaddy likes this.
  8. Nats121

Nats121

According to the WaPo, as of 2013, average DC teacher salary is $77,000, Mont. county $74000 ,and Fairfax $64,000

How many cabbies are beating those numbers?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ol-teacher-pay-is-higher-than-charters/2013/0

Darrell Green Fan likes this.
  9. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    GOODNESS! DC has the worst schools but pays better than Monkey County or Fairfax?

They must have increased pay while I was asleep, or something, because when I quit teaching and started to drive a cab, the cab paid better. I taught in public schools, which pay better than private. I wonder if the privates pay anywhere near those numbers. I will never teach in a public school, again.

Nats121 likes this.
  10. NUBER-LE

NUBER-LE

New drivers every summer, they will fizzle around fall.

koyotemohn likes this.
  11. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Seems like the ants have multiplied in the suburbs.
    I'm good tho.
    They'll be gone soon.

12. New2This

New2This

This is why I wouldn't mind (wouldn't like it but good for shaking loose ants) gat to go up another $0.25-$0.50/gallon.

13. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    For some reason has been going up lately.
    I remember it at like 2.66 maybe but a month ago and now it's up to like 2.81?
    I need it to get to $3.00 even for there to be a shakedown of ants.
    I noticed an immediate drop off once it neared $3 when it got to the highest levels a few months ago.

New2This likes this.
  14. ILOVEUBERDOYOU?

ILOVEUBERDOYOU?

Driving:
    UberX
    It's my first summer driving uber, and I see more ants significiently. It's getting slower everyday, too. It's hot and I don't see any surge. I feel like it's gonna be a really long summer for full-time drivers.

I don't think high gas price can stop ants.

15. nutzareus

nutzareus

Driving:
    UberX
    You’re part of the problem.

16. Kawiz03

Kawiz03

Driving:
    UberX
    That average is high based on the number of tenured teachers closer to retirement rather than new teachers or those with just a few years in it can be rather misleading to assume all teachers make $60+ otherwise there wouldnt be such a shortage of them

Soooo how do you know its slow if this your first summer?? We all have "secret" perches but at the end of the day Ubering is like gambling sometimes you hit the jackpot but 9/10 the house wins and takes us for a ride

warrior lady likes this.
  17. ILOVEUBERDOYOU?

ILOVEUBERDOYOU?

Driving:
    UberX
    Only 4 trips this week.. AR is at 7% now.

18. 3.75

Just wait until August comes. You think it's bad now, but you haven't seen an August slowdown.

Bulls23, New2This and ILOVEUBERDOYOU? like this.
  19. GGDaddy

GGDaddy

Driving:
    UberX
    99B6B35B-764E-4D8B-A074-BBCE6F054721.jpeg

On my way to Uber right now, listening to our theme song :(

20. Kawiz03

Kawiz03

Driving:
    UberX
    [​IMG]
    We all knew what we signed up for...we're masochist for pain lmao

Ben2018, Veganz, warrior lady and 6 others like this.