Have I been a bad boy?

ipv321

Been getting weekly hourly guarantees for weeks - its the ONLY way I'll ever drive in rush hour traffic in Atlanta in the Peachtree corridor. This week though....no text even though I DID receive a text "praising" me as one of Uber's top rated drivers the last 50 trips. So, whats up? Any ideas? Does Uber rotate who they offer guarantees to? I can't believe no guarantees were offered this week for rush hour in the Peachtree corridor. Anyone?

jtc291980

A few months back, I went for the afternoon rush hour guarantee. Made it easily and had a good spot to hang out. Worked out perfectly for me. After that, I didn't receive a guarantee offer for a while. Just started receiving them again last week.

Did you make a lot of extra off the guarantee? That might be why they stopped sending them to you.

PTCGUY

Again Uber pays me and now no more guarantee emails. I drove for 7 out of the 9 weekday guarantees last week, hit all 7, and Uber had to come off the hip for 30% of the guarantee. I hit them everytime but I was slipped up last week. Too many morning airport runs so it was 30% instead of my customary 40%.

Last edited:

ipv321

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All of which means of course that Uber isn't really interested in paying you the guarantees; rather, they're interested in offering the guarantees only to those drivers who are incapable of qualifying for them.

Bnkrdave

If they really wanted to pay us those guarantees they wouldn't have "gotcha's" or traps like the 70% requirement

ipv321

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe they are "gotchas" if they send our guarantees KNOWING FULL WELL that there will be SO MANY DRIVERS IN THE CORRIDOR that many (most?) will be unable to score the minimum 1.5 per hour originating within the Peachtree Corridor. SO, if you play the game, you either learn how to win, or like most people, you lose. But the odds are ALL in Uber's favor because ALL THIS is based on a level of data analysis you wouldn't believe.

toolian

I believe they are "gotchas" if they send our guarantees KNOWING FULL WELL that there will be SO MANY DRIVERS IN THE CORRIDOR that many (most?) will be unable to score the minimum 1.5 per hour originating within the Peachtree Corridor. SO, if you play the game, you either learn how to win, or like most people, you lose. But the odds are ALL in Uber's favor because ALL THIS is based on a level of data analysis you wouldn't believe.
So, it's working.