Hate New Uber Pool in SF

milkman

So yesterday I was surprised to notice a change in Uber Pool. The App now forces you to use the Uber GPS and rides are automatically accepted on your behalf. I took the pool and felt like a damn bus driver. It wouldn't stop adding rides. After almost I think 6 pickups it finally stopped automatically assigning rides and i went offline. Almost 1hr of driving and my big reward was around 12-15 bucks. I hate this new system.

So to open up the discussion. How do you feel about the new system?

Last edited:

Euius

It's fine, given PDPlus it's irrational to refuse second pickups anyways. Lyft has been doing this for a long time, except with Uber you can still cancel an individual rider if you don't like the cut of their jib

On Android it hasn't changed my use of Google maps at all.

Almost 1hr of driving and my big reward was around 12-15 bucks
Friday night I had a 1 hour Pool. Five pickups. Total distance traveled 19 miles, with $26 in pay. (Except that it was during a guarantee, so I actually got $36)

To get the $15 in an hour as you claim, you would have had to only drive 8 miles in that hour. Which would only be possible if you're driving in heavy traffic with no surge. Don't do that. Given the poor per minute charge of even base UberX, it's not worthwhile to take non-surge rides when you're only doing a mile in 8 minutes.

milkman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's fine, given PDPlus it's irrational to refuse second pickups anyways. Lyft has been doing this for a long time, except with Uber you can still cancel an individual rider if you don't like the cut of their jib

Friday night I had a 1 hour Pool. Five pickups. Total distance traveled 19 miles, with $26 in pay. (Except that it was during a guarantee, so I actually got $36)

To get the $15 in an hour as you claim, you would have had to only drive 8 miles in that hour. Which would only be possible if you're driving in heavy traffic with no surge. Don't do that. Given the poor per minute charge of even base UberX, it's not worthwhile to take non-surge rides when you're only doing a mile in 8 minutes.
I was no where near 19 miles driving. Was more around 8-10 miles with lots of stop and go and no boost pay.

Euius

I was no where near 19 miles driving. Was more around 8-10 miles with lots of stop and go and no boost pay.
So lets go back in time and respond to you before you replied:

Which would only be possible if you're driving in heavy traffic with no surge. Don't do that.
Your pay would have been little better at UberX. That's because the per minute charges are too low.

($2 base fare) + (60 minutes at 0.22) + (8 miles at 1.15) = $24.40 gross - 25% commission = $18 at UberX fares.

($2 base fare) + (60 minutes at 0.15) + (8 miles at 1.10) = $19.80 gross - 25% commission = $14.85 at UberPool fares.

Neither are acceptable. Don't drive during heavy traffic unless you have a guarantee or are only taking surge. A eight minute mile is ridiculous. There's a reason I don't start until 7pm

Last edited:

FARIS

So yesterday I was surprised to notice a change in Uber Pool. The App now forces you to use the Uber GPS and rides are automatically accepted on your behalf. I took the pool and felt like a damn bus driver. It wouldn't stop adding rides. After almost I think 6 pickups it finally stopped automatically assigning rides and i went offline. Almost 1hr of driving and my big reward was around 12-15 bucks. I hate this new system.

What big reward ? I work in SF too but Im not driving for like a month

NASCAR1991

If you do 120 a week.
That one hour 6 rides earned you 25 extra in end of the week bonus. Plus you 26 in fairs. Well that a 50 an hour. Where else you make that an hour

Euius

Never mind..you dont get pdb
I do. That one Pool ride I made $26 in fares, $10 in hourly guarantee and $17.50 for PDPlus

So $53 for the hour, but that's not my average per hour. I average at $34/hr, including all bonuses. That's been trending upwards.

nash801

I do. That one Pool ride I made $26 in fares, $10 in hourly guarantee and $17.50 for PDPlus

So $53 for the hour, but that's not my average per hour. I average at $34/hr, including all bonuses. That's been trending upwards.
Does one average $34 hr whether they do 120, or 80?

Euius

Speaking of acceptance rate, I just came over bridge with destination filter and got a "You skipped four rides...."

Only problem is it was an UberX ride

Logged into partners.uber and my acceptance rate did ineed fall. I'll need to accept the next 15 rides with no refusals to get back to 80%

WorkHardPlayHard

Did they bring out the new update where a person can select Last Ride to stop getting requests or having to cancel the next ride? This would help the driver go offline without automatically adding a new ride or having to cancel the next ride.
I haven't driven yet after these updates, so I still have no idea what it's really like with the new updates.
We shall see.