Hate Lyft? You’ll love this!

SurgeTastic

Me: $51 ride bonus from Lyft! (Holy shit right?)

Lyft: minus $48.

Little 15 minute ride from lower downtown DC to union station. Nice pax also!

Read’m and weep:

73C4E6DA-51DB-4DA2-9D95-F7460CDC001E.jpeg
FA4560D9-91FE-4827-842B-E90C39B4B40C.jpeg

Last edited:

SurgeTastic

Show the map!

Waa there long hauling involved?

OK, here you go.

No long hauling. Straight shot from New Hampshire and M to union station, about 7 AM Sunday morning.

8F54FBCD-BBD8-41EB-ACC9-BDAE4884AA2E.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

PanteraRosa

Very nice!

However, that is nothing for how much lyft is stealing from drivers. These is from last night. Notice how lyft is charging up to 400% PT and giving drivers pennies.

People, if you drive for lyft or uber don’t fall into their consecutive trips scam. It’s disgusting how these companies play with our brain, giving us $2 or even worst $1 for each trip, and we keep driving picking up every paxhole not to loose a consecutive trip crap.

Anyone noticed how uber had so much consecutive trips crap all Friday night starting At 3pm until 3am, and same thing last night Saturday, and this morning Sunday.

Number one, that kills surge because the system keeps adding trips and not paying us surge. For example Lyft, if you don’t turn off the app off before your last drop off, you are screwed! Because, there is never any “bonuses added to rehouse trips.

Same thing with uber, if you don’t stop trips before your last drop off, then you don’t get to see if you are in a surging area, and if you are you only get paid $1.50 or some crappy surge.

These companies have managed a way to play with our brain, so we keep driving and driving for an extra $1 per each trip.

I am not sure if everyone noticed how these companies have so much consecutive trips during the busiest times. At first they started with only Mon to Fri, and paying much higher. But man, this weekend these crap killed surge. Anyone agrees how Friday even with the rain, this consecutive trips crap killed the numbers for us drivers.

Best way for us to fight back and manipulate surge is to pick up and log off the app, you will see a big difference.

Kindly see attached.

Attachments

• C84C5BA4-F1F7-459F-8C0F-BDC9B5161DF7.png
    C84C5BA4-F1F7-459F-8C0F-BDC9B5161DF7.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 69
  • B8007BD2-3850-4125-82C2-54984B326DB3.png
    B8007BD2-3850-4125-82C2-54984B326DB3.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 69
  • D30A05FD-CAA1-4A15-8D18-39FF620E2232.png
    D30A05FD-CAA1-4A15-8D18-39FF620E2232.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 46BD556C-EE74-481B-883F-0960A3143EC4.png
    46BD556C-EE74-481B-883F-0960A3143EC4.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 73

Drakkor

Very nice!

However, that is nothing for how much lyft is stealing from drivers. These is from last night. Notice how lyft is charging up to 400% PT and giving drivers pennies.

People, if you drive for lyft or uber don’t fall into their consecutive trips scam. It’s disgusting how these companies play with our brain, giving us $2 or even worst $1 for each trip, and we keep driving picking up every paxhole not to loose a consecutive trip crap.

Anyone noticed how uber had so much consecutive trips crap all Friday night starting At 3pm until 3am, and same thing last night Saturday, and this morning Sunday.

Number one, that kills surge because the system keeps adding trips and not paying us surge. For example Lyft, if you don’t turn off the app off before your last drop off, you are screwed! Because, there is never any “bonuses added to rehouse trips.

Same thing with uber, if you don’t stop trips before your last drop off, then you don’t get to see if you are in a surging area, and if you are you only get paid $1.50 or some crappy surge.

These companies have managed a way to play with our brain, so we keep driving and driving for an extra $1 per each trip.

I am not sure if everyone noticed how these companies have so much consecutive trips during the busiest times. At first they started with only Mon to Fri, and paying much higher. But man, this weekend these crap killed surge. Anyone agrees how Friday even with the rain, this consecutive trips crap killed the numbers for us drivers.

Best way for us to fight back and manipulate surge is to pick up and log off the app, you will see a big difference.

Kindly see attached.
With lyft you can cancel the upcoming ride before you complete the current one and it doesn't count against cancelation rate.

As benefit ive noticed when I do that a few times, they tend not to add rides back to back.

Damn Boy

Very nice!

Kindly see attached.
I usually decline pings, until I get surge back. I don't fall for consequitive trip ahit. Seems stupid people fall for these traps and everyone is getting robbed

Nats121

Very nice!

Kindly see attached.
This is yet another example of why there needs to be a 20-25% CAP on how much these pirates can take from our rides.

Let's hope Connecticut passes the law.
Post automatically merged:

Me: $51 ride bonus from Lyft! (Holy shit right?)

Lyft: minus $48.

Little 15 minute ride from lower downtown DC to union station. Nice pax also!

Read’m and weep:

View attachment 315351 View attachment 315352
Is lyft quietly giving out bonuses? I haven't heard anything about it.

SurgeTastic

Regular Lyft or XL?

Regular Lyft.

Here is my advice with Lyft:

If you are in an area where Uber is surging, keep the lift app open, but not online, so you can check it for bonuses.

You need to refresh the bonus info by going online and going off immediately, before you are bombarded with all those damn pings that are far away with base rates.

If you are off-line, you may see a tiny bonus near you, one of these $1.52 things, but if you refresh it you may see it jump in a matter of seconds to $9, or $18, $28, and this morning I couldn’t believe my eyes it went from about $3 to $45 and then $51 by the time I could decline all the other stupid pings outside of the bonus area and that damn “this will affect your acceptance rate“ message that obscures almost the whole screen.

Again, these bonuses appear and disappear very, very quickly, i’m talking seconds sometimes, so you have to keep checking that Lyft app and refreshing it and then immediately going off-line if nothing worthwhile appears.

For reference, when Lyft hit $51, I was in a DC Ubea area surging about $7, with the peak Uber surge about $9 and a few minutes away.

I have used this technique in morning rush-hour and drunk hours and have gotten a few bonus rides double or more of the Uber surge in the area. Like $18 or $28, but the $51 bonus was a real unicorn.

This has been my experience, since Lyft got rid of prime Time and went for the flat Charlottesville surge. Your mileage may vary of course.

With lyft you can cancel the upcoming ride before you complete the current one and it doesn't count against cancelation rate.

As benefit ive noticed when I do that a few times, they tend not to add rides back to back.

Yeah but sometimes they like to add a trip while you're waiting for the trip to close out so you're stuck with the trip or the cancellation rate.

I usually decline pings, until I get surge back. I don't fall for consequitive trip ahit. Seems stupid people fall for these traps and everyone is getting robbed

Well we never said ants were smart. There's a way to game the system with the consecutive trips but it's a lot of work for the measly pay