Has Uber abandoned its drivers

Evil-g

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a company abandon its employees so quickly. If we’re out driving we should be able to get in contact with someone if we we have concerns. Putting people on hold forever is not the answer.

Evil-g

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pure and simple I’m trying to each the the company and can’t get in touch with them. As a matter of fact many people have this problem. It doesn’t matter what the issue is, drivers should be able to contact them.

Coachman

Pure and simple I’m trying to each the the company and can’t get in touch with them. As a matter of fact many people have this problem. It doesn’t matter what the issue is, drivers should be able to contact them.
Are call centers essential services? If you're a call center employee in India would you want to be crammed in a room with 400 other people during this COVID-19 crisis? I can imagine it's a little difficult to staff these operations right now.

Evil-g

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
W
Are call centers essential services? If you're a call center employee in India would you want to be crammed in a room with 400 other people during this COVID-19 crisis? I can imagine it's a little difficult to staff these operations right now.
When Uber started here some 5.5 years ago there were no GLH’s. The only way to get in touch was by phone. The people worked from home your call was routed to them just like any other business.

Cdub2k

If there ever was a job designed for work from home, I'd think call center would be it. It's all VOIP anyway.
I know GrubHub is a work from home operation my wife worked for them a few years ago from home part time.
I see no reason why Uber Support shouldn't be the same way

Trafficat

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a company abandon its employees so quickly. If we’re out driving we should be able to get in contact with someone if we we have concerns. Putting people on hold forever is not the answer.
I don't know. Seems like almost everyone I know got laid off from their dayjobs.

Uber still provides the app. I'm thankful they didn't shut the app down. They cannot guarantee customers, but Uber is still working for me, unlike the jobs other people had which basically told people, "see ya next month... maybe!"