Has the time NOT arrived for San Diegans to do something ?

Uber Dude SD

Long hours, isolating loneliness, and confusing fees: Uber drivers in Washington D.C. are struggling to make ends meet
5a9fbe885cc4101d008b4571-1136-748.jpg

With gas prices getting surged, sketchy Uber's fees and long hours of working, is it NOT really appropriate time to do Something in San Diego ?

Last edited:

CJfrom619

What is it with drivers always trying to start a protest...if some of these guys spent more time driving then trying to figure out how to start a protest they might make more money.

This will never happen. Ever.

And if it does what do you think we’ll get out of it. They would give us benefits and cap us at making $15/hour salary while auto assigning you rides? Is this what you want?

The best way for any driver to hurt Uber/Lyft is to quit driving. You dont like what you make then go find another gig.
Post automatically merged:

This is America boys and girls. The only thing stopping anyone from making what they want to make in this country is themselves. Only lazy people cry about wanting more money. The ones that want more money go out and find a way to do it. Stop complaining and work harder.

Poopy54

You sure that's not a picture of the uber support crew. Old picture by the way from a strike in the UK

CJfrom619

You think rape is what a rideshare job is?? Last time i checked you have to sign up for Uber/Lyft? Is anyone forced to give rides for money?

Comparing rape to rideshare is just ridiculous. Voluntary rape is not a thing.

Null

What is it with drivers always trying to start a protest...if some of these guys spent more time driving then trying to figure out how to start a protest they might make more money.

And if it does what do you think we’ll get out of it. They would give us benefits and cap us at making $15/hour salary while auto assigning you rides? Is this what you want?

The best way for any driver to hurt Uber/Lyft is to quit driving. You dont like what you make then go find another gig.

This is America boys and girls. The only thing stopping anyone from making what they want to make in this country is themselves. Only lazy people cry about wanting more money. The ones that want more money go out and find a way to do it. Stop complaining and work harder.

Yes, but if you're an employee they have to retroactively pay you for all wages, overtime, vehicle costs, meal periods, benefits, etc.

We'll never see it, but most of us with a few years under our belt are due six figures if we we received benefits as employees.

Agreed that it likely wouldn't be great going forward with how Uber would need to change as a result, but I'd gladly cash out my tenure and never drive for them again.

CJfrom619

Yes, but if you're an employee they have to retroactively pay you for all wages, overtime, vehicle costs, meal periods, benefits, etc.

We'll never see it, but most of us with a few years under our belt are due six figures if we we received benefits as employees.

Agreed that it likely wouldn't be great going forward with how Uber would need to change as a result, but I'd gladly cash out my tenure and never drive for them again.
If that were the case i would agree. Get whatever they owed me a get out of dodge.

Transportador

ALL of those who wish to be employees need to go drive a cab, or better yet, a long haul truck. Uber and Lyft are meant for the independent contractors. There is no way Uber/Lyft are going to make you employees when you want to drive just a few hours wherever and whenever you want. How do they pay you for sitting around waiting for rides, etc. And forget about all of the expense write offs you are enjoying right now. Get your heads on straight people! Want to pay real income taxes on your U/L earnings? Yeah right.

If you are dreaming of back pay, they would pay you straight minimum wages minus all of the surges and bonus you got over the years. You will end up owing money to U/L. LOL.

XPG

I don’t think you have a clear understanding of America. Maybe you should start educating yourself on the labor history of the United States.

Have you not even heard the series of statewide teacher strikes and protests happened in 2018, for increased wages for teachers?

Transportador

I don’t think you have a clear understanding of America. Maybe you should start educating yourself on the labor history of the United States.

Have you not even heard the series of statewide teacher strikes and protests happened in 2018, for increased wages for teachers?
Dude, you just contradicted yourself! OK so we make you employees of Uber/Lyft. Then you go on strike like the salaried underpaid teachers to demand higher wages? I see where this is going...a complete, perfectly round, beautiful circle. Congrats!

FYI, All of us who are salaried dream of the day we retire from our jobs so we can turn into independent contractors to net mo money, yeah mo money.

All yous who @@@@@ about being a independent contractors on U/L have no basic understanding of running your own bizness. Oh yeah, that's why you're so broke and can't get other low paying jobs so you try U/L. Sad.

XPG

You are neither independent nor contractor. Obey your master and be a good ant. That’s what you’re good for!

CJfrom619

No I dont think you have a clear understanding of America. This is the land of the free where we seek out or choice of employment. No one in this country is forced to become a teacher or Uber driver. Your free to choose your own job. If a teacher doesn’t like what they make then do something else.