• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

has minimum fare went down?

nameless313

I don't want to drive for uber. After that question and answer thing on Facebook. I see they raised their safety fee. Did minimum fares drop? They were $2.88. Was just wondering...

Jagent

They raised the booking fee, but not the min fare. So once they deduct the fee, the difference comes out of your end.

MSUGrad9902

I haven't seen a decrease in the min fare, but I also haven't seen an increase in the booking fee for Detroit, was that just ann arbor?

nameless313

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Idk. I saw someone here that mentioned it. It seems to be country wide for the most part.

MSUGrad9902

Were those in ann arbor or detroit?

I haven't done any trips in ann arbor for a while but I do remember having some in the 2.16 range the limited times I've been there.

MSUGrad9902

I just got the service fee increase notice for Detroit. I don't think this affects us because it's outside the minimum fare. There's the min fare then there's the booking fee and I think they are separate.

MSUGrad9902

The booking fee increase is likely to pay the state for the new rideshare law. Cuz now Uber owes 30k to the state of Michigan. So does Lyft, but lyft cut the rates the drivers get to pay for it.

MssweetsA2

The raise in booking fees just means Uber is making more money, not u the driver
Hopefully this will pull more pax over to Lyft giving us the drivers more of a chance to actually get a tip for driving them around!

Probashi88

We better do something about this minimum fare! Its all on us, our expense goes up and uber fee and booking fee goes up! They are just using us to be richer.