Has Lyft Increased Destination Filters?

sre94

Was driving back from LA yesterday and turn the destination filters on. Lyft gave me 5 DF trips, and might have given me even more had I not turn the app off in Irvine

I thought they only gave three

Pesty

From my experience it only counts as used when you reach your destination or pickup someone along the way. Numerous times I've used DT to get across town and went offline before reaching destination and kept my 2 uses.

Wombat7

From my experience it only counts as used when you reach your destination or pickup someone along the way. Numerous times I've used DT to get across town and went offline before reaching destination and kept my 2 uses.
I like the way you think!

If you can save your DF's, you can DF all day long.

NCRBILL

I hate putting in DF say from Del Mar to DT and get a five mile ride towards there. I want the long rides

Medle

I dont know how many lyft quits after, but i was able to daisy chain my way all the way from woodland hills to san clemente driving home from LA last night, some of them with surge too! Was nice to make money almost all the way back home. Once I hit SD county it was deadmile all the way home to serra mesa.

NCRBILL

I dont know how many lyft quits after, but i was able to daisy chain my way all the way from woodland hills to san clemente driving home from LA last night, some of them with surge too! Was nice to make money almost all the way back home. Once I hit SD county it was deadmile all the way home to serra mesa.
The true dead zone

Wombat7

What I don't like about Lyft DFs is that is expires and then shuts itself off after about 15 minutes.

I very rarely get any Lyft DFs but Uber DFs hit pretty regularly for me.

I hate putting in DF say from Del Mar to DT and get a five mile ride towards there. I want the long rides
Depending on the time of the day, try putting in the San Ysidro Transit Center which is right by the border. If it's later in the afternoon you may catch a housekeeper on their way back to Tijuana. Of course, if someone is going to SAN from between Del Mar and where the 5 and the 805 split you won't get it because the system will go the 805 route. Once you pass the 805/5 split on the 5 you may catch stuff going to SAN or downtown and beyond.

If you're on your way home anyway, and you're going on the 805, put in the CBX. I'm often surprised to get those in the afternoon

What I don't like about Lyft DFs is that is expires and then shuts itself off after about 15 minutes.

I very rarely get any Lyft DFs but Uber DFs hit pretty regularly for me.
I've discovered that each app needs to be "in front" to continue working in destination mode. Lyft is dumber than Uber's, and will decide it couldn't find a trip practically before the drive begins...unless it's "in front"--the current open app. Uber will at least prompt for whether you want to stay online if it is "in back." I usually just pop back and forth between the apps every couple of minutes to keep them both happy. It's like having a wife and a girlfriend who are both needy.

Medle

I've discovered that each app needs to be "in front" to continue working in destination mode. Lyft is dumber than Uber's, and will decide it couldn't find a trip practically before the drive begins...unless it's "in front"--the current open app. Uber will at least prompt for whether you want to stay online if it is "in back." I usually just pop back and forth between the apps every couple of minutes to keep them both happy. It's like having a wife and a girlfriend who are both needy.

I havent had that experience(needing to flip between the 2), nor does lyfts df shut off after 15 minutes always for me. It depends. I have gone all the way from orange county to the valley without it auto shutting off. Maybe its a SD county thing? Come to think of it, when I last tried to use it here at home it shut off automatically pretty quickly