Has anyone tried this?

BigRedDriver

Tips are key to success in this business. We can keep our Cars clean, we can provide great service, but tipping is so hit and miss it's ridiculous.

Waiters, Hairstylists and even doormen have the advantage of being face to face with the client when it's time to tip. It can make the client look like a cheapskate if they don't tip, and can also bring the customer joy when they hear a positive response when giving the tip. Restaurants and Stylists even include a line on the bill for a tip. We have nothing.

I've tried the tips signs with only modest success, but when I place them, even though tipping increases slightly, my ratings take a hit. This should not be.

I'm wondering if, for increasing in app tips, if anyone tried a sign that says something like:

"Unlike Waiters or Hair Stylists, Rideshare Drivers do not get to personally thank our riders when they tip in the app. Please accept this as my Thank You in advance of your in app tip"

Not exactly begging for tips, but might stimulate the thought that others are tipping, maybe I should too?

Thoughts?

Ubergaldrivet

Tips are key to success in this business. We can keep our Cars clean, we can provide great service, but tipping is so hit and miss it's ridiculous.

Waiters, Hairstylists and even doormen have the advantage of being face to face with the client when it's time to tip. It can make the client look like a cheapskate if they don't tip, and can also bring the customer joy when they hear a positive response when giving the tip. Restaurants and Stylists even include a line on the bill for a tip. We have nothing.

I've tried the tips signs with only modest success, but when I place them, even though tipping increases slightly, my ratings take a hit. This should not be.

I'm wondering if, for increasing in app tips, has anyone tried a sign that says something like:

"Unlike Waiters or Hair Stylists, Rideshare Drivers do not get to personally thank our riders when they tip in the app. Please accept this as my Thank You in advance of your in app tip"

Not exactly begging for tips, but might stimulate the thought that others are tipping, maybe I should too?

Thoughts?
I hate the fact that we can’t thank them when we receive a tip.

Declineathon

How about not chickening out with a sign, and ... Thanking them in person for their business, and if you believe I deserve a tip, then thanks for that as well in advance.

Wildgoose

I'm wondering if, for increasing in app tips, if anyone tried a sign that says something like:

Thoughts?
Short sentence would be better. Such as "Your tip could make my day beautiful and I thank you for that."

Declineathon

You assume I don’t ? Been in business far to long not to.
Well then like yourself I've got the tip sign a little visible place where people have put some cash and I thank customers and looked him right in the eye thank them for the business and encourage them if they'd like to tip on the app and thanking them in the in advance for that to other than that you just up to human nature in about 10% of our earnings are going to be digital tips 1 or 2% are going to be cash tips and that's just the way that people are.

I will add though that lift customers in my market tip almost 80%.

But lifts market share is 1/3 of what overs is and I'm frequently getting an Uber ping before lyft

Sick_of_Uber

Bullshit. Uber riders are inherently CHEAP. They seek out the cheapest ride and don't care what heap of shit picks them up... they DO NOT TIP!!!
Post automatically merged:

Or rate them with 1 star when they don't tip.

Uber should show if a rider tips or not. This way they can wait a year for their car when driver ignore the call... maybe then they'll tip

BigRedDriver

Bullshit. Uber riders are inherently CHEAP. They seek out the cheapest ride and don't care what heap of shit picks them up... they DO NOT TIP!!!
Post automatically merged:

Or rate them with 1 star when they don't tip.

Uber should show if a rider tips or not. This way they can wait a year for their car when driver ignore the call... maybe then they'll tip

A lot more drivers would do long pickups if they knew the rider tipped. Win/win

BigRedDriver

OK, so I didn't do a sign, but on my "fun facts" i posted something like this. It's really too early to know the entire story, but over the past two days I've gotten about 50% of my Uber passengers tipping, up from 20 - 25%. Nothing earth shattering, but an extra few bucks per shift, that cost me nothing? I'll take it.

My other thought is that it is Easter week, so it may just be that. My Lyft tips are still roughly 40% of all passengers tipping. And for some odd reason, I'm also getting a few cash tips a day from Uber riders as well. Maybe $5 a day. It's been awhile since anyone tipped cash to me.

Ylinks

Uber is now thanking them. They are also sending out emails asking PAX to rate and tip on their trips.
IMG_8536-min.png

Iann

I want to figure a way to make a recording that will pop up mid ride saying something like "a previous rider tipped you $8"

Anyone have a few on how to do this? I was thinking a alarm clock recording.

Ubermcbc

Thoughts?

I doubt it that's going to increase any tipping but definitely more complain which may lead towards deactivation. Majority of pax of rideshare companies belong to city bus service. You get a fare without a fake complain, that's your tip. Lol.

BigRedDriver

I doubt it that's going to increase any tipping but definitely more complain which may lead towards deactivation. Majority of pax of rideshare companies belong to city bus service. You get a fare without a fake complain, that's your tip. Lol.

I added something like it to my “fun facts” a few days ago. It says “I wish there was a way to individually thank my riders that tip me in the app. As of now that is not possible. If you tip me in the app I would like to use this as way to thank you. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.”

Too early to tell it’s effect, but I have noticed a few more late tips.