1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Has anyone tried Lacus?

Discussion in 'New York City' started by BigBadDriver, Sep 12, 2017.

1. BigBadDriver

BigBadDriver New Member

Ex-yellow here. One of the main reasons I'm doing the apps instead of yellow is the flexibility.

But now there's this app running from a yellow garage in Brooklyn called Lacus.

It lets you reserve a yellow parked (hopefully) in your neighborhood. There's usually a car available in Manhattan and most are in Brooklyn, near the garage. Occasionally there's one in Queens. But, you could pick up the car and end the shift in front of your house. And start and stop when you want. AND PAY ONLY 35%, no lease. So in theory, you can't lose money.

After I signed up they called to go over some stuff - approval was instant. The only fee besides the 35% is $13 per 12 hours. So if you want to drive for only 3 hours, you pay the full $13. Same $13 for any amount of hours up to 12.

And if you don't like the % deal you can still rent out for a flat fee for 12 hours.

Im renting a Camry for the apps now, but this deal seems like a great way to get back into yellow.

Any thoughts or is anyone out there already doing Lacus?

2. jaybx17

jaybx17 Well-Known Member

All that **** be in Queens and Manhattan, whats up with that o_O discrimination at its finest.

lyas likes this.
  3. ubernyc

ubernyc Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Bro all the garages are in queens or manhattan

Jim1985 likes this.
  4. BigBadDriver

BigBadDriver New Member

Funny you say that. I just got a call from Lacus because they saw I was checking out their reservations. He said in 2 weeks they were going to distribute 350 cars around the boros - probably 50 in the Bronx.

Right now almost all of their cars are by their garage.

Also, the way the fee works is its 15.77. That kicks in after you pick up your first fare. And whether you do one ride or 100, the cost is 15.77 plus 35% of the fares. They don't take 35% from tips, Tolls or the MTA surcharges.

jaybx17 likes this.
  5. K.O.N.Y

K.O.N.Y Well-Known Member

Sounds similar to Go Green

6. BigBadDriver

BigBadDriver New Member

Go green ride?

Cause that looks like Uber with bigger a-hole passengers. Voss water? GTFO with that.

Sorry if you meant another Go green, but that's the only one that came up in Google for NYC.

7. ubernyc

ubernyc Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    jaybx17jaybx17 there was a job to ur hood (co-op city) from 34th $60 cash... ain't tryna go to scary Bronx LOL jk but it was a regular ride not suv

Jim1985 and jaybx17 like this.
  8. K.O.N.Y

K.O.N.Y Well-Known Member

I meant the commission part sounds like what Go Green was doing as far as the percentages. Sounds like a good idea, I can picture drivers driving for apps, Yellows and bases all in one week soon...maybe even one day

9. jaybx17

Yeah I know lol it would just be nice to be just a little different Lol

Cool idea though I guess. I see more of these things popping up to fill the gap of whats left Lol
    haa I hate coop city. Not sure why but I do

ubernyc likes this.
  10. Brooklyn

Brooklyn Well-Known Member

Link?

Sari likes this.
  11. Suli_B

Suli_B Well-Known Member

35% is a bit too much. It comes down to what the apps take as well. They'd be busier if the went down to 25%.

12. BigBadDriver

BigBadDriver New Member

Well, 35% is not cheap, but they're GIVING YOU THE CAR FOR NO ADDITIONAL COST. And the insurance and the maintenance. Does Uber, Lyft or Juno do that?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/industry/lease_pilot.shtml

13. Kevin B

Kevin B Active Member

give me their number , i will check it out.

14. Liveone01

Liveone01 Active Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    coop city you good lol , lyft is good in coop city i usually get trips to queens ,a lot of home attendants work in the area and take lyft to go home... but they aint gonna order a black car thats for sure lol

K.O.N.Y and jaybx17 like this.
  15. Uberboyz

Uberboyz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    One thing i didnt get is why it is allowed me to register and reserve a car. I have an fhv license, not medallion.
    Since when tlc allows fhv drive yellow?

16. jaybx17

o_Oo_Oo_O
    Bro, our FHV licenses have been able to allow us to drive yellow, green, livery and black car for a while now. You were supposed to get a new license that reflects that.

lyas likes this.
  17. Uberboyz

Driving:
    UberX
    Wow, i thought that only yellow hack license allows us to drive everything.
    That kept me from driving yellow since i have a pink lic.

18. jaybx17

Nah this is the new one. I think they sent me one early 2016 when I had to renew and it's for 3 years.
    tlc_driver_license_mock_up.jpg
    This one is not mine btw LOL

lyas likes this.
  19. Uberboyz

Driving:
    UberX
    Have to admit you are hot enough lol

jaybx17 likes this.
  20. BigBadDriver

BigBadDriver New Member

718-253-3501 is the listed number. They called me after I downloaded the app and registered. It took me literally 5 minutes to upload my docs and they called asking if I wanted to take a car out. Very helpful on the phone. Apps are in Google and Apple stores