Has anyone successfully rented a car and "legally" used for BOTH uber and Lyft?

DPen

Those of you in California

I only care if you were able to get the car approved with insurance etc. on BOTH platforms. Not if it was a viable financially.

Much thanks in advance!!

Dirtbag Surfer

Those of you in California

I only care if you were able to get the car approved with insurance etc. on BOTH platforms. Not if it was a viable financially.

Much thanks in advance!!
AFAIK not possible here. Uber you can rent through the Enterprise program but Lyft won't allow rental's, period. I asked :smiles:

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR

I take my car to get dealer service. (My buddy works for them) cost me 30$ for the service and a minor detail. And I drive their brand new jeep. We end up swapping the plates, or just putting the paper dealer plates on there. I have only had one person complain, but the company didn't believe them. When people ask why my color is different from the app I just tell them the dumb company can't get it right.

This allows me to float about 500 miles once a month and essentially = profit margin of all fares minus only gas for that weekend. The key is drop your car Friday afternoon. Grab the loaner car, and go make some $$$&$$$ been doing this for over a year

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR

I plan this when I want to put in some heavy hours. I actually end up driving around 600 miles with the loaner that 1 weekend. And then another 400 miles the rest of the month in my 2010 jeep. So I write off 1000 miles but only put 400 on my personal car.