Has anyone successfully recieve cleaning fee?

J_Toronto

Long story short,
My black leather seat were messed up by a huge wet black dog with mud and unknown body fluid with bad odor.

I sent photos for cleaning fee, and fortunately I recieved a confirmation letter of $100.

After few minutes, on uber partner app earning section, I've seen a new installment of $75 only.

I sent a letter asking why it's only $75, they sent me another letter that they will put $25.

Few minutes later, it is showing $0 or nothing on the app and cleaninf fee is removed!

What is going on? I sent 2 emails but no reply.

Can uber refuse to pay the cleaning fee even after confirming two times by their own letter that they will pay me $100?

Or is it just the app that is not updating? (This week earning's graph section, and today's earning showing different earnings)

Darrell

Back in the day, all you had to do was request a cleaning fee and show valid pictures and it was $ 200. I requested a cleaning fee last week from a guy slightly throwing up in car and the first guy said it wasn't enough mess to request a cleaning fee so I submitted it again and got another CSR who gave me $ 100. Lol. Give it 12 hours when that other person is off duty and submit it again.

Jack_Jones

Back in the day, all you had to do was request a cleaning fee and show valid pictures and it was $ 200. I requested a cleaning fee last week from a guy slightly throwing up in car and the first guy said it wasn't enough mess to request a cleaning fee so I submitted it again and got another CSR who gave me $ 100. Lol. Give it 12 hours when that other person is off duty and submit it again.
yeah, sometimes you need a different rep, i had that issue with a trip adjustment myself

but op, your transporting dogs in this weather?!!??!?!!?

are you crazy or are you desperate, or worse, stupid? either way, you kinda deserve that one

HotRodriguez75

In my opinion, you pretty much have to spell it out and request the $200 cleaning fee along with the pictures. Don't be nice about it and demand that the cleaning see is applied per the TOS and having to clean up a mess left by the Pax.

biozon

Firstly, never accept a service dog on your seat without a cover. Always have at least a blanket or tarpaulin (I have both in my trunk)

Secondly, never accept a dog, if it's not a service dog period.

Finally, go to Uber's office and clear this out.

Good luck!

Jack_Jones

woah, the cleaning fee is 200? i thought it was 50?

if i make a mess in my car, can i request a $200 cleaning fee and blame it on the pax? id so do that for $200 lol

Darrell

woah, the cleaning fee is 200? i thought it was 50?

if i make a mess in my car, can i request a $200 cleaning fee and blame it on the pax? id so do that for $200 lol
The problem is too many drivers faking cleaning fees which is why it's so hard to get it now, but yea, the cleaning fee is $ 200 if the pax pukes enough in your car.

mozart

There was case in Vancouver where driver refused to take dog in, on the grounds of allergy. Was sued, case was rulled in drivers favor.
There is always way out if one doesn't feel comfortable taking animals.

Manhoos

Cleaning fee can be from $50-300 depending on the mess customer made (or what rep see in the pictures)
I've received $50, 100 and 200 but Uber never paid for business loss. Most of the times I was not able to drive anymore and explained the situation but they never gave me a cent more of what they offered..

dotmatrix

A girl threw up in my car at 11:55pm on New Year's Eve. Was out of commission for 2.5 hours on the craziest surge night of the year. Got $50 from uber.

Judgeetox

You must take detailed pictures as soon as it happens. Pull over, get pax out of car and take good photos before wiping anything away. I've had 3 instances of vomit in my car.

The first one, I did not take clear enough pictures and received $0...and a lame excuse.

The second was on Hallowe'en and I took a dozen HD pictures and received $200.

The 3rd time was during a full XL ride and birthday boy puked on his friends AND MYSELF (back of my head!!) I received $300.

Once I was loading a few items in my car for a Pax. I insist that I put the items inside, pax ignored that and put a box that was sitting in snow/salt right on my leather seat. I received $50.

I rarely drive the bar scene anymore. My car's a vomit magnet. I carry a stocked detail kit onboard and have a decent shampooer in my garage. The way I see it, I'm getting paid $50-200/hr to detail my car; which I would be doing anyway. Pax have to be hit right in the wallet in order to learn respect for others' property.

J_Toronto

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah, sometimes you need a different rep, i had that issue with a trip adjustment myself

but op, your transporting dogs in this weather?!!??!?!!?

are you crazy or are you desperate, or worse, stupid? either way, you kinda deserve that one
You are right I was stupid.
But I did not know the pax had a dog in the first place,
plus it was just her and a big dog left in cold looking at me desperately for a ride so I did it.
Never again though

In London the LTC views vomit as a hazardous substance and takes the bus out of service. Cleaners wear full gear. There is a danger of Hepatitus and other nasty stuff. I carry thick rubber gloves and a cleaner with bleach. I never reuse the gloves. Then I armourall my seat. If it hits the carpet then its hot water and shampoo.