1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Has anyone seen this?

Discussion in 'Tampa' started by Valboski35, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Valboski35

Valboski35 Member

So I was read you a surge and started playing with the app... Seems that it is one surge and if I zoom out it displays as another. Zoom back in and it changes the surge again.
    image.jpg image.jpg

2. captainalex

captainalex Member

Driving:
    UberX
    one word...Sunspots! Or plot by Bulgarian Lyft drivers ...I can't be sure.

3. PowerTrip

PowerTrip Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I have seen it before it is actually a surge area with different 2 different surge prices. It will say in the partner app surge 1.5 to 2.10 or something like that.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  4. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Today Uber is supressing the surge.
    There are not enough cars around tha airport and huge demand for uber because of the game.
    I keep getting back to back non-stop requests but I have cancelled them all using ACRO for the first time.
    It is crazy how they supress the surge.
    there should be a lot of surge but it is not being allowed.
    I am not going to sit in Raymond James deadlocked traffic with a non-surge fare.
    I will wait till I get a surge ride or nothing.

5. PowerTrip

PowerTrip Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    ARCO?

6. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
  7. CommanderXL

CommanderXL Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I noticed today that the surge map doesn't show at all around Raymond James -- even though the surge was 4x!! Something's up with that.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  8. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    I was around the west shore blvd, international plaza. Raymond James for a long time and I kept getting so many requests almost non-stop for over 30 minutes before I decided this is manipulated, bull**** and it doesn't make any sense at all!

How was it possible under such heavy demand there was no surge is beyond me.

I turned off the app and stopped being a tool. I went home and enjoyed the pool till about right now. Uber off is good for my nerves in tines like today.

9. Valboski35

Valboski35 Member

Wow that's ridiculous. I thought about going to rjs after the game to pick up surge, glad I don't even bother. If they keep suppressing the drivers, they're going to piss of the customers.

10. PowerTrip

PowerTrip Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I got the 4X at 7:25 and it showed red on my map.
    REQUESTED VEHICLE
    uberX
    TIME
    7:25PM
    DURATION
    13:19
    MILES
    FARE
    $26.00

I have noticed that the surge will disappear from the app but still be in a surge. There is something wrong with the way the map refreshes. Log off , log on then it shows.

11. Southshore26

Southshore26 Member

It's not just RJS... I was getting the same situation downtown on Saturday night... no surge shown on the map but it was a 2.3 when I picked up at Channelside.

Not a big deal... take the pings you get and don't try to control what you can't.

BTW... someone got caught doing ACRO on Saturday... they were deactivated yesterday afternoon for it. Watch yourself... just saying