Has anyone had issues with the Lyft app

Telsa34

I've been driving for Lyft now for almost 2 months I've drove for Uber for over a year-and-a-half and I can tell you that the Lyft app is totally screwed up, the maps are terrible I've arrived at destination for addresses in a residential area and the house has been a block or two blocks away. Yesterday I dropped a passenger off and got another ping I accepted it and it immediately started the fair from that location I had to drive 7 miles to pick the woman up and I told her when she got in the car what had taken place. Before she left the car I sent a note to lyft and told them that they needed to adjust what she was charged. Today I went to pick a passenger up drove to the location and he was nowhere to be found I selected arrived at location and went to move my car and it immediately started the trip I stopped the car I tried to cancel it asked me if he was in the car I said no and it stated I had to call him before I could cancel it's nothing but complete b*******

macchiato

On Lyft, as soon as you start moving the trip starts. Some passengers don't know and complain that you started the trip. The same passenger put the pin 2 blocks away so when you go to their correct location, it begins the trip.

AllenChicago

On Lyft, as soon as you start moving the trip starts. Some passengers don't know and complain that you started the trip. The same passenger put the pin 2 blocks away so when you go to their correct location, it begins the trip.
That is a really dumb change. What happened? Did drivers forget to start the trip manually .. causing everybody to lose money?

macchiato

It's been like this since the graphic update about a year ago. Had many angry pax yell at me for starting the trip when the app does it automatically. I tried to explain to them that's how the app works and they think I'm cheating them. :|

ntcindetroit

I suspect my driver account got deactivated because of this Lyft (defective or not reliable) feature. At first, I did not know why Lyft was accusing me of starting the trip early, then when I kind figure out that I suspect that trip was not started by me but errorneous app. action. I emailed back Lyft telling them that if trip start is critical, then they need to let the rider hit the [start trip] button, not driver or by default when car moving after 'have arrived' was activated in app..

So, I was testing their buggy software without pay and being wrongfully deactivated. They even sent a message emphasizing [do not fight the deactivation]. We'd think it is breach of contract even if we're merely an Independent Contractor, and not even a servant at their disposal.

Last edited:

ntcindetroit

Another time, I have a trip from Auburn Hill/Rochester Hill to DTW completely missing from earning report. The only reason I remembered to check the trip report is because the rider was carrying a golf bag that was too big to fit in trunk of the compact sedan and I've to fold down the 40/60 split folding backseat first time in that car. The rider was happy about the trip and was trying to give tips in the app. at the International Departure drop-off. App. was hanged in his phone and I told him app. in my phone has been hanged also and many times if I pulled away from terminal, signal will be back. Well, this time, the phone app. or signal did not recover and the trip was later shown as [CANCELLED] by unknown party or unknown action in my phone. There was no records of the event or trip recorded by the app. for insurance purpose. So, it was treated as an off app. ride hailing? Lyft did not trying to restore the trip report, instead, they said they'd BONUS my account for amount they think I was owed the regular earning.

Last edited:
The app crashes on me regularly. The only way I've found to totally disconnect from the app is to restart my phone, which is a pita. I've lost a lot of pings when I hit accept, then the server hangs up and I lose the ride. It hasn't happened during a ride, but usually after I drop off a pax then it'll hang up when I accept the next ping. So it seems like I'll need to shut down and restart my phone after every drop-off. That's gonna get old quick.

Rayn10

I tap to arrive, blocks away from the the pin. No one has ever said I started the trip early. I need to see where I'm going. I avoided a 4 hour 240mile trip the other night without any PT. Screen shot the ride to send and laugh at with my friends and canceled immediately after. Let some other sucker take that ride. If it was 200% PT, I'd consider it lol

jaydub

I think Uber should buy Lyft take the best ideas then raise the rates and pay drivers a fair compensation for there efforts

ntcindetroit

It's been like this since the graphic update about a year ago. Had many angry pax yell at me for starting the trip when the app does it automatically. I tried to explain to them that's how the app works and they think I'm cheating them. :|
Not only the pax, but even the Lyft wrongfully accuses you of cheating. Can't take it any more if driver has some self-respect.

DrivingForYou

If the ride auto starts, and you haven't picked up the passenger, just hit drop off, and you'll see an option for "passenger not picked up" that allows you to cancel.

ntcindetroit

If the ride auto starts, and you haven't picked up the passenger, just hit drop off, and you'll see an option for "passenger not picked up" that allows you to cancel.
First, there is nothing to drop off, how could a driver know what [drop off] supposed to mean in Lyft English?
Should rephrase the action as if this is a false start by Lyft instead of scaring the driver of penalty of canceling a ride for those desperate for acceptance rate, bonus income and contract(job) security.