• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Has anyone ever successfully recruited a rideshare driver, and they stayed driving a taxi?

FormerTaxiDriver♧

As many cab companies have recruitment bonuses, but I have a hunch that rideshare drivers don't want full time work as a taxi driver. I have wasted my time trying to recruit some, but they don't budge, and I do feel many have been brainwashed by the apps.

There are ones that get banned from the platform, that have no choice but to drive somewhere else, or their car brakes down. I'm nor referring to those.

TwoFiddyMile

I don't even talk to other taxi drivers. I don't live a mentally healthy lifestyle.
Post automatically merged:

In fact, I stock up on waybill envelopes and vouchers and drop waybill between mon at 5 and Tues at 7am so I don't need to interface with management almost ever.
Ever.

AvisDeene

I may have to move to your town and work at your company. Rideshare completely destroyed my towns taxi industry. There’s no competition other than limo companies. It wouldn’t be so bad if the state would force them to pay drivers $1.40 a mile, but that doesn’t seem like it’ll ever happen.

Maybe I’ll win the lotto on Friday :rolleyes:

TwoFiddyMile

This may be the worst July I've ever driven a cab. $142 yesterday, gross. 13 gruelling hours. Two runners, which would have gotten me to $151. The second runner I actually booted. Middle aged and stupid, she gambled everything away except $1. We're sitting waiting for a freight train and I explained how in this town that train could be two miles long and the meter could exceed $30. "Ah only gots $5 at home". "Give me your cell phone as a pawn and you can stay in the cab". She threw the dollar at me and left. Dumb and ugly I can deal with, but her gambling habit just took everything way over the top.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

I may have to move to your town and work at your company. Rideshare completely destroyed my towns taxi industry. There’s no competition other than limo companies. It wouldn’t be so bad if the state would force them to pay drivers $1.40 a mile, but that doesn’t seem like it’ll ever happen.

Maybe I’ll win the lotto on Friday :rolleyes:
$83 gets you an airport stickered taxi here for 9:00 PM to 9:00 AM

tons sitting around every night.

Lawlet91

while you're in the lineup at the airport, are you allowed to service a ping that comes in on your datapad?
You can, should you? Probably not advisable since you’re buried between 50 other cabs in line and extremely far from any call that will come in anyway

TwoFiddyMile

You can, should you? Probably not advisable since you’re buried between 50 other cabs in line and extremely far from any call that will come in anyway
Depends. Boston Cab Association had account work flying in fairly often. The queue was often 300 deep. Did I just buy my ticket? Chase a radio job. was I there an hour and ready to get dispatched to the terminal? Turn the radio off, and wait for my pool dispatch to the terminal.

Lawlet91

Why chase a radio job that requires you to LITERALLY get 50 other Mears cabs to move to let you out within 15 minutes of arriving at the mco bullpen that queues 300+ cabs, to chase a call for a fraction of the cost of the airport run that is in BEST distance from bullpen 3 miles away if it’s a run right at hotels bordering airport property, while much closer to 10 miles away for any call worth going to that isn’t a short jump back to drop off at airport anyway

TwoFiddyMile

Why chase a radio job that requires you to LITERALLY get 50 other Mears cabs to move to let you out within 15 minutes of arriving at the mco bullpen that queues 300+ cabs, to chase a call for a fraction of the cost of the airport run that is in BEST distance from bullpen 3 miles away if it’s a run right at hotels bordering airport property, while much closer to 10 miles away for any call worth going to that isn’t a short jump back to drop off at airport anyway
Different markets. The average job even in the best of times at Boston took an hour to get out of the pen. So you probably getting another average job which is $15 meter job and you're getting it faster. To the best of my recollection getting out of our pool was obviously a lot easier than getting out of yours. Like I said, different markets.

That being said, Charlotte is deeply corrupt. To get at airport license for a cab you have to (rhymes with) know someone LOL. On top of that, the cab companies control those licenses and charge big big bucks for them. So I've never been in the queue here in Charlotte at all.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Different markets. The average job even in the best of times at Boston took an hour to get out of the pen. So you probably getting another average job which is $15 meter job and you're getting it faster. To the best of my recollection getting out of our pool was obviously a lot easier than getting out of yours. Like I said, different markets.

That being said, Charlotte is deeply corrupt. To get at airport license for a cab you have to (rhymes with) know someone LOL. On top of that, the cab companies control those licenses and charge big big bucks for them. So I've never been in the queue here in Charlotte at all.
There’s only 4 taxi permit holders at the airport.

Cab companies 1-4

That’s it!

The fares out of the airport are above average, like way above. With the distances of involved to get across town the fares add up really fast.

Waiting an hour for something out of there averages $15 payout, on UBERX

With Orlando rates being Orlando rates that should tell you a LOT.

(All taxi numbers)

Downtown Orlando is a $35-40 fare.
Tourist hotels vary from $30-70 (the overwhelming majority)

$30 being the Florida mall hotel and $70 being the hotels on the far side of Disney world.

The typical load out of the airport is $40.

It takes about $8.00 to get to the hotels just outside the airport with how much distance you need to cover from the terminal to get off property.

The one lone run I had TO the airport today was $35 from a clos-ish suburb to the airport. $44 with tip.