• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Has anyone ever had a rider report you being in a "minor accident" when there was none?

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Yep! It happened to @K-pax of Seattle Washington

peteyvavs

This happened to a neighbor who drove for Lyft, nothing ever came from the complaint and he was deactivated. Now Lyft wants him back after a year, you can use your own choice words to imagine his response.

treesweets dancer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep! It happened to @K-pax of Seattle Washington

Thanks. Weird how he got deactivated whereas I was supposedly in a "minor accident". At the time I was suspecting this chick whom I made walk, cuz unlike Seymour tells us to do cuz he has no skin in the game, I don't stop everywhere & anywhere. There was like no consequences.

I wasn't deactivated. I just got a message that said: a rider said you were in a minor accident. We wanted to make sure ur ok. We'll email you an accident report to fill out.

So every single day for the last few months I get the form in the mail. I told support I wasn't in an accident & I don't want to fill out a form that makes it appear on my record as if I were in an accident. & asked what we"re gonna do about heinous riders who lie about their drivers.

They said "if you BELIEVE you were not in an accident" just put "no accident" in the report. Believe?! Wtf. & still there will be a document of an accident for the bots to consider as "my first incident" if I should be in an actual accident in the future. Then it'll be my "2nd incident", the first being the non-accident. & why do I gotta fill out forms cuz some arbitrary person lied about me while the bots suggest it's a matter of belief & not a simple matter of: nothing happened.

I asked if they would sue the person for harassing me & threatening my livelihood. Cuz they obviously didn't honestly believe they were in an accident unless they were halucinating. & I wrote, harassment isn't tolerated in this age of #metoo. I can't afford the law. I mighta went too far cuz a non-bot serious person with a local name replied sorta serious about the law.
Here's the sorta comical final msgs:
Screenshot_20190506-083619_Uber Driver.jpgScreenshot_20190506-083631_Uber Driver.jpgScreenshot_20190506-083326_Uber Driver.jpgScreenshot_20190506-083332_Uber Driver.jpgScreenshot_20190506-083340_Uber Driver.jpg

Every single day they still mail the form. It's hilarious. I guess if it mattered it woulda affected me by now.
Post automatically merged:

Hey, I have that pic in my phone
RBowGhost.jpg

Post automatically merged:

& from Mission by Randall
20180909_174426.jpg

Last edited:

peteyvavs

I would consult with an attorney, because in the event that you’re in a future accident this will come up regardless if you fill the form out or not. You have to protect yourself, U/L will screw you and any other driver 7 ways to Sunday.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Thanks. Weird how he got deactivated whereas I was supposedly in a "minor accident". At the time I was suspecting this chick whom I made walk, cuz unlike Seymour tells us to do cuz he has no skin in the game, I don't stop everywhere & anywhere. There was like no consequences.
Well he was driving one of Uber's Xchange Lease cars at the time so maybe that had something to do with his deactivation.

treesweets dancer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It happened months ago. I've gotten used to deleting the email with the incident report without thinking about what it is anymore. I forgot until this thread. All worry in me is dead. There's a record of me denying it already. An incident report denying it is redundant.
Well he was driving one of Uber's Xchange Lease cars at the time so maybe that had something to do with his deactivation.
Their msg also specified "minor accident". Or they'd probably deactivate until cleared. Idk. Support wasn't helpful (did that even need saying). I told them I don't even know what time the accident didn't happen, nor what it is that didn't happen.

I've been not getting in an accident all day, every day I work. But they won't even say which ride it is. For privacy's sake. Still I must complete an incident report just for this one specific day with the usual no accidents. I told support why i didn't want to. They never acknowledged what I wrote, so I took that as acceptance of my position.

Someone was annoyed that day that they had to walk. I'm guessing it's her.