Has Anyone denied PAX a ride for being too short?

dmoney155

i sincerely hope some of you have the balls. I was about to today if i got one more 1.5 km ride. But i didnt
Why? easy money, no?.... I think the more important question was how far did you drive for that 1.5kms ride?! It's not about balls, it's about brains... don't take rides that have a pickup that impacts your bottom line.

1.5kms ride should last you less than 5min... if you make a rule where you don;t pick up anything less than 2 min, than total trip is 7 min.... you get somewhere around $3.50 for that trip... that's 30/hr. In a meantime you got opposing provider app running ready to snatch anther ride should it come. So in summary, if you drove over 5mins to pick up... that's on you.

Chaisomosa

Guys... I'm gonna call Uber for 700m ride, going to UP express and don't want to drag my luggage in rain. Fellow drivers please accept the ping and give 5*. Tip guaranteed.

uber_from_the north

In the city of Toronto it’s illegal to deny a ride based on distance. Even for rideshare.
I just googled it!

Right of person to be transported
Subject to the conditions of the operating licence, no driver or operator of any public vehicle shall refuse to carry any person offering himself or herself at any regular stopping place for carriage and who tenders the regular fare to any regular stopping place on the route of the vehicle or between the termini thereof, unless at the time of such offer the seats of the vehicle are fully occupied, but the driver or operator of a public vehicle may refuse transportation to any person who is in an intoxicated condition or conducting himself or herself in a boisterous or disorderly manner or is using profane or obscene language. R.S.O. 1990, c. P.54, s. 21.
I just realize we can refuse drunk or rude paxholes with this ACT. hhmmmm

Reference:

Speedy_Gonzales

In the city of Toronto it’s illegal to deny a ride based on distance. Even for rideshare.
Unfortunately, that is not the case. This applies to only public transportation and nowhere does the city of Toronto try to force drivers to take anyone, except where service animal is involved. The issue is on Uber’s side, where destination discrimination is against TOS and can lead to account deactivation.

Actionjax

Unfortunately, that is not the case. This applies to only public transportation and nowhere does the city of Toronto try to force drivers to take anyone, except where service animal is involved. The issue is on Uber’s side, where destination discrimination is against TOS and can lead to account deactivation.
According to the people at the Toronto Licensing it is against their by laws. Although the only one who will enforce it is Uber. But city of Toronto can deny a Licence on the basis of it. I am sure the complaints will need to stack up for them to get involved.

But do we really need more bad media attention? Hasn’t there been enough of that already.

Speedy_Gonzales

According to the people at the Toronto Licensing it is against their by laws. Although the only one who will enforce it is Uber. But city of Toronto can deny a Licence on the basis of it. I am sure the complaints will need to stack up for them to get involved.

But do we really need more bad media attention? Hasn’t there been enough of that already.
Yes no doubt. There are a number of reasons an Uber driver can claim they don’t want the trip, and the distance or destination shouldn’t be a reason. Simply feeling uncomfortable is good enough.

Tj77

Anyone had the balls to cancel and deny someone a ride for being too short?
I sincerely hope some of you have the balls. I was about to today if i got one more 1.5 km ride. But i didnt
Well when there is quest I love when I get 500m ride grocery ride shopping mall

aarondavid1010

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Please be inclusive to all users. We have women drivers as well.

As if the society wasn't divided based on race, cast and religion that we will start creating gender divide as well.
Its a metaphor. Jc !
Post automatically merged:

Why? easy money, no?.... I think the more important question was how far did you drive for that 1.5kms ride?! It's not about balls, it's about brains... don't take rides that have a pickup that impacts your bottom line.

1.5kms ride should last you less than 5min... if you make a rule where you don;t pick up anything less than 2 min, than total trip is 7 min.... you get somewhere around $3.50 for that trip... that's 30/hr. In a meantime you got opposing provider app running ready to snatch anther ride should it come. So in summary, if you drove over 5mins to pick up... that's on you.
Nice rationalizing haha. Good luck getting 10 rides per hour. You dont know the ride until you get there. ??

thats bs i can deny any ride in my car

Well when there is quest I love when I get 500m ride grocery ride shopping mall
i dont even know what quest is. If you drove somewhere to drive 500 m happily you must be a ...

I sincerely hope some of you have the balls. I was about to today if i got one more 1.5 km ride. But i didnt
so none of you i figured omg. You probably let people keep crap in your car during stops too and let them make you wait 6 mins for pickups and let them abuse you while drunk or otherwise. canadians man

Last edited:

dmoney155

Its a metaphor. Jc !

Nice rationalizing haha. Good luck getting 10 rides per hour. You dont know the ride until you get there. ??

thats bs i can deny any ride in my car

i dont even know what quest is. If you drove somewhere to drive 500 m happily you must be a ...

so none of you i figured omg. You probably let people keep crap in your car during stops too and let them make you wait 6 mins for pickups and let them abuse you while drunk or otherwise. canadians man
I rather get no rides than be at a loss.... even if you do kick someone out, you still drove there, so you still in a hole... might as well give em a ride if you were desperate enough to go drive to them in the first place.
I got practical approach to the problem.. I dont get emotional... it either makes business sense or it doesn't... One thing for sure, if you ever told me no, I would nag uber to kick you off the platform for wasting my time... you signed up for giving people rides, don't cry about it when it doesn't work in your favour because you taking too much risk.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Omg. You probably let people keep crap in your car during stops too and let them make you wait 6 mins for pickups and let them abuse you while drunk or otherwise. canadians man
You are so exceptionally cool, what with your straw-man arguments and oversimplifications. Do you have a fan club? Can I join in the hopes of hitting your high levels of superiour achievement? Pretty please. :rollseyes:

(Going forward, allow me to offer some advice: This subforum is a conversation, not a pissing contest.)