Hartford County Rate Cuts again

mlm96

Same schedule as last year, rest of the state was cut in September
Rest of state was cut in November along with a 5% commission increase for Uber. Also the safe rider fee was increased last Oct. from $1 to $1.45.
Right now I have 1 foot out the door for sure, it has not been a bad run, some ups and down. Been ubering since Sep. have well over 1000 rides and a 4.90 rating, avg. 25 to 30 hrs a week was making $400 to $500 a week. Not now with slow summer and rates dropping I think I am done.

Simon

No point in complaining... there will still be drivers driving. Im going to have to figure out what my options are. I may tack on a service fee for my prearranged business to make up for it.

Paul111

mlm96 I see uber was great deal for you, I am surprised how could you make 30/hr around Hartford county my average is 18/hr, I dont believe that they lower the rates lol

JaniceCT

gas is slowly going up and now we make less per ride. lower rates only means more short rides. the lower the rates are the more bus people you start getting who need a ride a few blocks with their groceries or they are late to work to taco bell.

meanwhile uberx and xl drivers are getting screwed with the new premium platforms. the good rides from corporate people are being lost cause they will now pay a little more for premium , to assure themselves they don't get some bozo driving an old car.

mlm96

meanwhile uberx and xl drivers are getting screwed with the new premium platforms. the good rides from corporate people are being lost cause they will now pay a little more for premium , to assure themselves they don't get some bozo driving an old car.
This is it right here in a nut shell, Uber X and XL are done, ever since Premium came on my $ have dropped

JaniceCT

just opened my app. they claim their is a guarantee for $16 per hour till july 4th. 5 hrs online, 1 trip per hour, accept 90% requests and and 50% of rides need to be in hartford county.

since this is good till july 4th, does that mean this guarantee is for every 5 block of time?

mlm96

QUOTE="JaniceCT, post: 1211942, member: 25222"]just opened my app. they claim their is a guarantee for $16 per hour till july 4th. 5 hrs online, 1 trip per hour, accept 90% requests and and 50% of rides need to be in hartford county.

since this is good till july 4th, does that mean this guarantee is for every 5 block of time?[/QUOTE]

WOW is that a bait and switch, email has Guarantee till 07/10? WTH, big deal 6 day guarantee over a holiday weekend, BFD
image1.PNG

mark edwards

The 25 to 30 is the avg. hrs a week I drove, not avg. hr pay rate. my payout for the YTD. View attachment 46424
But when you deduct your true costs of operating and the harm you have done to your vehicle, you were really making crap. Actually these days you were making crap even if that included your real costs and time. I know the truth offends some. I do very little for Uber now even with lots of free time. Just not worth it.

mlm96

But when you deduct your true costs of operating and the harm you have done to your vehicle, you were really making crap. Actually these days you were making crap even if that included your real costs and time. I know the truth offends some. I do very little for Uber now even with lots of free time. Just not worth it.
My gas runs about $50 to $65 a week, my car is payed for, I do my own maintenance, so for me it is not a bad part time job. Where else can you work as little or as much as you want and at anytime of the day, with no boss telling you what to do. It worked for me and yes I have done the math, but at the end of the day there is still $300 to $400 more in my bank account. Now based on all your other post trashing anyone that drives for Uber, Just go away.

Squirming Like A Toad

This is it right here in a nut shell, Uber X and XL are done, ever since Premium came on my $ have dropped
That hasn't been my observation. XL business has been pretty good. The Black Car and SUV drivers all have traditional business, and it looks like a lot of them have dropped Uber because of the lower rates for Premium.

It hasn't affected Danbury very much because you rarely see a luxury car on the map and I'm often the only XL driver.

JaniceCT

Xl
That hasn't been my observation. XL business has been pretty good. The Black Car and SUV drivers all have traditional business, and it looks like a lot of them have dropped Uber because of the lower rates for Premium.

It hasn't affected Danbury very much because you rarely see a luxury car on the map and I'm often the only XL driver.
XL is for groups. There are many business people used uberx, but will now order uber premium. For these people XL isn't thought of

mark edwards

My gas runs about $50 to $65 a week, my car is payed for, I do my own maintenance, so for me it is not a bad part time job. Where else can you work as little or as much as you want and at anytime of the day, with no boss telling you what to do. It worked for me and yes I have done the math, but at the end of the day there is still $300 to $400 more in my bank account. Now based on all your other post trashing anyone that drives for Uber, Just go away.
Well you are clearly a small timer who will settle for Uber's terrible treatment. And yes they do tell you what to do often and in many respects. You can not work as much as you want as there are way too many drivers, ( $50/hr, need drivers ASAP) and if you did you are really just losing more money from the value of your car, and putting yourself at greater risk, etc. . I know, you lose money on every job but make it up in volume! You are basically gifting to a weasel Billionaire who could not have less regard for his workers and -like Walmart- counts on Feds to subsidize his "employees" w/ tax code and welfare. Let's figure; now just $1 a mile (once was over $2 in CT) and Gov. says .56/m. or so to operate or $1.12 r/t. Most Uber is not r/t so you are just fooling yourself. Have you ever done the "math" on insurance situation? Sorry but Uber just exploits mainly desperate and naïve people. And Uber is a bubble which will collapse: no way worth $68B. At $1.50/m. Uber was already way too low for drivers and a great deal for riders. Travis is laughing at you! I don't see them cutting the SRF or their way too high commission. You should be angry at them rather than obsequious. I am and I hardly drive for them any more. It is an insult to lower rates again, but they know they own you, while somehow making you think things are great.

Squirming Like A Toad

Xl

XL is for groups. There are many business people used uberx, but will now order uber premium. For these people XL isn't thought of
You might be surprised, had plenty of solo customers in my XL. One exec called me for a long ride just to make sure he had room to work on his laptop. Another had a leg cast, another was very large. It's good business.