Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Harassment by electronic means

10K views 122 replies 39 participants last post by  vtcomics 
#1 ·
Will a charge of harassment by electronic means (texting) disqualify me as a driver?

#5 ·
I kept messaging a girl and didnt stop. Never made any threats, just annoyed her I guess.

I wrote with a concern for her ill mother, who I clean for. She replied telling me to not co act her again. I sent a few more and she filed charges on me. I sent 30 messages altogether over a period of 4 hours.

#12 ·
Definition of Harassment. Harassmentis defined under Texas law as a communication that is designed to "harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, or embarrass" another person. ... Many different forms of communication can trigger harassment charges, includingelectronic communication such as text messages and emails.

#18 · (Edited)
CheckR, per uber and uber's insurance company instructions , set the bar Low for tolerance.
If they don't clean house they end up with more negligence law suits of placing passengers in harms way.
ANY harms way no matter how minor.

Honestly getting rid of "Mr Meanor" hlove79 the texting king of Texas ONLY reflect positivity on the other drivers who have control of their emotions
And
Realize there are consequences for their actions

Like an ADULT

#26 ·
Dude, if SuzeCB looks like her avatar I'd buy her a Porsche
and worship her every thought & move.

Nobody was threatened. I had good intentions in mind when I starting messaging her. The conversation went back and forth for a bit before she told me to not contact her. Where I offed up is when the cops called me and told me to stop and I didnt. I dont recall much of this as i was under the influence of medication at the time (I was rear ended at 70 miles per hour this summer). So, after the arrest, I very quickly discussed with my doctor the unpleasant side effects and we agreed that i probably shouldn't take that stuff anymore. So, I consider myself a bit lucky in that they only charged me with harassment by electronic means. My attorney is working to get it dropped because it is not violent or threatening and my intent wasn't to harass or annoy this person. I had a true concern, mainly because it was starting to affect our professional relationship.
"Your attorney"
A failed uber driver with an attorney ?

Ur not suing anyone so there's no Pot-0-Gold at the end of the rainbow

Pray Tell:
Who's paying for the attorney?

#27 ·
I, personally, wouldn't write this kind of stuff. Like, I'm not gonna do anything with what you're writing but somewhere down the line somebody might. Just a thought.

Your response to Suze comment explains why you were charged for electronic harassment.

ECOM, and if you do you owe her an expensive box, correction truck load of chocolates
I didnt make threats to this person. What do you not understand about that?

Note to self : don't screw with SuzeCB
You're implying violence. That is where you and I are different. I did not apply violence or threats to the messages.

#25 ·
Nobody was threatened. I had good intentions in mind when I starting messaging her. The conversation went back and forth for a bit before she told me to not contact her. Where I offed up is when the cops called me and told me to stop and I didnt. I dont recall much of this as i was under the influence of medication at the time (I was rear ended at 70 miles per hour this summer). So, after the arrest, I very quickly discussed with my doctor the unpleasant side effects and we agreed that i probably shouldn't take that stuff anymore. So, I consider myself a bit lucky in that they only charged me with harassment by electronic means. My attorney is working to get it dropped because it is not violent or threatening and my intent wasn't to harass or annoy this person. I had a true concern, mainly because it was starting to affect our professional relationship.

#40 ·
#35 ·
Hlove, for future reference when a woman says don’t text, talk or anything that can be considered harassment stop trying to communicate with her, as you have experienced it can ruin your life if you don’t.
Just some advise from someone who has been around a lot longer than you have. Definitely don’t mess with Suze, she is a very nice person, BUT don’t piss her off.

#51 ·
hlove, Stop worrying about Uber de-activating you, the first thing Monday morning see an attorney and get your record sealed/expunged. It takes a few weeks to work it’ way through the system, but you really need to have this removed from your record because it WILL haunt you throughout your life.

I hope you listen to my suggestion, people see something and draw their own conclusions regardless of the facts. The biggest disappointment you’ll discover in life is that people generally suck, they’ll say there your friend while lying to your face.
Good Luck, I hope Uber doesn’t de-activate you, but regardless the outcome with Uber get that incident removed from your record.

#56 ·
30 messages in 4 hours AFTER she told you to stop? And you don't think there was anything wrong with this?!

If anyone tried that crap with me I'd press charges, too... he'd be arrested upon his release from the ICU after he opened his front door to find 30 or so bikers there to "discuss" his texts.
Definately don't f with Suze...8>)

Got to remember...

hluv79 IS from Texas...8>O

Once you get a Texas woman or monkey...

Wound up...like a tightly wound alarm clock...

it is almost impossible to unwind them...

Butt...let me be the first to tell you...

IF and only IF you do manage...

to unwind them...(a delicate process)...8>)

it IS the ride of your life...8>)

Think 8 seconds on a raging snorting bull...

That is only the warm up...8>O

Calm yourself young lady...it will be OK...8>)

Rakos
Primate Vertebrate Organism Mammal Macaque

#57 ·
Definately don't f with Suze...8>)

Got to remember...

hluv79 IS from Texas...8>O

Once you get a Texas woman or monkey...

Wound up...like a tightly wound alarm clock...

it is almost impossible to unwind them...

Butt...let me be the first to tell you...

IF and only IF you do manage...

to unwind them...(a delicate process)...8>)

it IS the ride of your life...8>)

Think 8 seconds on a raging snorting bull...

That is only the warm up...8>O

Calm yourself young lady...it will be OK...8>)

Rakos
View attachment 287977
Bahahahahahahaha

#63 ·
Dunno dude....If women have a pattern of stalking you perhaps it's time to look inward. Like, I can see one but two would be pushing it, while 3 or more might indicate a problem with YOU.

Sounds like you need a wiring check up..

Well. I doubt Uber will be hungry for your business. Good luck.
I think they'll be happy to know that I'm not violent. I messaged someone 30 texts in 4 hours that were non threatening. That's roughly 7 point something messages per hour. That really isnt a lot given the amount of texting people do these days. The average person sends 100 messages per day. That is over 36,000 messages per year.

#62 ·
Sounds like you need a wiring check up..

Well. I doubt Uber will be hungry for your business. Good luck.

#67 ·
They are asking that I complete an anger management class to drop the charges completely. So really, I feel very fortunate. The state, according to my attorney, isnt very interested in the case because there is noharm, threats, stalking, violence....just a little woman who let her emotions get a bit out of control over an elderly woman who was more orless, in my opinion, being neglected. I should've just bit my tongue and reported it to the proper agency.

#70 ·
The monkey thinks...

You are getting close to...

Your 30 text limit...8>O

You DO so love texting... Don't you...8>)

Look at the bright side...

You can text here all night long...

And the most it will get you...

Is some crazy azz comments...8>O

And tired fingers in the morning...8>)

And leave them panting for more...

You go girl...!!!

Moral of the story...?

Don't mess with Texas...women...8>)

Rakos
Cat Felidae Whiskers Fawn Snout

#76 · (Edited)
PHOENIX (AP) - A Phoenix woman accused of stalking a man met on a dating site and sending him more than 65,000 text messages apparently sent more than twice that many.

Jacqueline Ades sent a man more than 159,000 text messages - some of which were threatening - over the course of nearly 10 months, according to police records the Arizona Republic obtained via a public records request. The two went on a single date.

https://people.com/crime/woman-allegedly-sent-159000-texts-after-one-date/

Rakos jr member texting ubereats driver,
"Where's my bananas loser!!!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.