• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Harassment by electronic means

Jumpin Jim

30 messages in 4 hours AFTER she told you to stop? And you don't think there was anything wrong with this?!

If anyone tried that crap with me I'd press charges, too... he'd be arrested upon his release from the ICU after he opened his front door to find 30 or so bikers there to "discuss" his texts.
Wow, that escalated quickly. Which begs the question, as a pax, who would I trust with my safety - the one who sends annoying texts or the one who threatens to show up with 30 neanderthals to put me in the hospital?

Wonkytonk

Seems every day I’m finding out of a new crime I’ve commited.
You see, what had happened your honor, was I was concerned for the state of her emotional well being without me in her life so naturally I checked in 133 times via calls and texts in thirty minutes because I didn't want her to suicide because she made rhe poor decision to remove me from her circle.

El Jefe de Hialeah

Please post ALL info about said person you were stalking and all the disgusting things you would do to them if they only pay you some attention so that we can all make a educated decision about your current Uber disqualification...Muchas Gracias

El Jefe de Hialeah

I kept messaging a girl and didnt stop. Never made any threats, just annoyed her I guess.

I wrote with a concern for her ill mother, who I clean for. She replied telling me to not co act her again. I sent a few more and she filed charges on me. I sent 30 messages altogether over a period of 4 hours.
So if I am a passenger and I tell you the legendary line "I will tip you in the app" and then, naturally don't, I should expect a barrage of text and calls from you?
You need Jesus...

hlove79

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To the OP. You be driving again most likely in another six days as investigations takes anywhere between 3 days to 9 days to complete. It an suspension and someone will do a risk assessment on what damage you may or might not do to the brand or what kind of lawsuits might arise from you using their app as a driver. I reckon you have an 70% chance that you will be reactivated but it is known that Uber has a zero tolerance policy to harassment as they fear that their riders maybe possible victims and later make news headlines. Best of Luck to you.

"
  • Use of inappropriate and abusive language or gestures. For example, asking overly personal questions, using verbal threats, and making comments or gestures that are aggressive, sexual, discriminatory, or disrespectful.

• Unwanted contact with the driver or fellow passenger after the trip is over. For example, texting, calling, or visiting someone in person after a ride has been completed. Remember, in most countries you can call and text your driver directly from the Uber app without having to share your personal phone number. This means that your phone number stays anonymous and is not given to the driver.
    _
    Anonymization features are not available in all markets and are subject to outage periods._"
"If we are made aware of this type of problematic behavior, we may contact you so we can investigate them. Depending on the nature of the concern, we may put a hold on your account during our investigation. If the issues raised are serious or a repeat offense, or you refuse to cooperate, you may lose access to Uber. Any behavior involving violence, sexual misconduct, harassment, discrimination, or illegal activity while using Uber can result in the immediate loss of access to your account."
I would never hurt or threaten anyone, especially a rider. This occurred a few weeks before I started driving and did not involve uber or any passengers. I've made 126 trips with high ratings. According to uber, this is going to help me. I agree with what you've posted. I wrote the party out of concern for an elderly person who was being neglected. What I should have done was bit my tongue and reported it to the appropriate agency.

peteyvavs

I would never hurt or threaten anyone, especially a rider. This occurred a few weeks before I started driving and did not involve uber or any passengers. I've made 126 trips with high ratings. According to uber, this is going to help me. I agree with what you've posted. I wrote the party out of concern for an elderly person who was being neglected. What I should have done was bit my tongue and reported it to the appropriate agency.
Moral to story, no good deed goes unpunished. hlove don’t let this jade you, people are aholes and you’re going to meet many more as an Uber driver.

Damn! I've rapid fire texted my son to "annoy and/or embarrass" many times. Sometimes maybe more than 30x in 4 hrs. Good thing he likes me and doesn't live in Texas...
lol parents can be really annoying lol

hlove79

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The justice system was very lenient because looking at what constitute cyber bullying is repeated unwanted messages been sent to the victim after been told a number of times to stop and by the police as well. It took direct police involvement and charges to be filed for the OP to stop doing whatever the OP was claiming to be doing is a form of harassment. No means no :wink:

"What is cyber bullying?
People make comments on social media that they may not say to someone face to face. These comments on social media can be just as damaging as any other form of bullying.

Cyber-bullying can be hurtful and in some circumstances it can also be a criminal act.

Cyber-bullying can take many forms

• Abusive texts, on-line posts and emails
  • Imitating others on line using fake profile and other methods
  • Spreading rumours and telling lies on-line
  • Making hurtful comments
  • Making threats or comments designed to intimidate on-line
  • Repeated unwanted messages being sent to you
  • People using your account to send fake posts
  • People sending photos or videos of you to others to embarrass or humiliate you
  • Excluding others on-line"
Nah. I was only told once by each lol. Had I not been on that medication I dont think I would have been disobedient.