1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Harassment by electronic means

Discussion in 'Advice' started by hlove79, Jan 5, 2019.

1. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    What? Uber cannot stay out of court over nutcases screwing up on their platform. Read the news area.

2. JimKE

JimKE

Whatever you do, DO NOT mention this!

We all know you would not drive medicated, and you've stopped taking the meds -- but Uber would not even consider that. If you mention meds at all, you are probably done.

Uber has to approach this with an abundance of caution, and your case is already an easy no for them.

3. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    Apparently, this one slid through the cracks. It happens some times.

4. Uber is facing a mountain of lawsuits because management doesn’t give a crap. Uber knew from day one what they were recruiting as drivers and didn’t care one bit about public safety.

FormerTaxiDriver♧ likes this.
  5. To the OP. You be driving again most likely in another six days as investigations takes anywhere between 3 days to 9 days to complete. It an suspension and someone will do a risk assessment on what damage you may or might not do to the brand or what kind of lawsuits might arise from you using their app as a driver. I reckon you have an 70% chance that you will be reactivated but it is known that Uber has a zero tolerance policy to harassment as they fear that their riders maybe possible victims and later make news headlines. Best of Luck to you.

"
    • Use of inappropriate and abusive language or gestures. For example, asking overly personal questions, using verbal threats, and making comments or gestures that are aggressive, sexual, discriminatory, or disrespectful.

• Unwanted contact with the driver or fellow passenger after the trip is over. For example, texting, calling, or visiting someone in person after a ride has been completed. Remember, in most countries you can call and text your driver directly from the Uber app without having to share your personal phone number. This means that your phone number stays anonymous and is not given to the driver.
      _
      Anonymization features are not available in all markets and are subject to outage periods._"
    "If we are made aware of this type of problematic behavior, we may contact you so we can investigate them. Depending on the nature of the concern, we may put a hold on your account during our investigation. If the issues raised are serious or a repeat offense, or you refuse to cooperate, you may lose access to Uber. Any behavior involving violence, sexual misconduct, harassment, discrimination, or illegal activity while using Uber can result in the immediate loss of access to your account."

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  6. joebrown618

joebrown618

Driving:
    UberXL
    Uber will deactivate you for less than that. I had an outstanding warrant for a ticket I didn't know about. Imagine my surprise when I get the email from Checkr saying "Warrant - Restricted Animals - HOGS". Apparently one of neighbors called about my pot belly pig, animal control came out, took pictures of him on my front enclosed porch and issued a citation to the courts but not to me. Had it cleared up in a few days but they are not taking chances.

hlove79 and Uber's Guber like this.
  7. What was her name lol

8. Gilby

Gilby

Driving:
    UberX
    Wow. I suspected that I am below average, but I didn't realize how much below I was.

kc ub'ing! and Older Chauffeur like this.
  9. :p:p

Me too!:p:p

Rakos likes this.
  10. It a hundred text messages with a couple of words. I would of thought a lot of that be on social media.

11. Side Hustle

Side Hustle

Driving:
    UberX
    Guber, please tell us your secret for attraction. PLEASE, I’m begging you!

Rakos likes this.
  12. He pays for them lol

13. :p:p;)

Rakos likes this.
  14. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Were you able to keep him?

15. jack1981

jack1981

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    hlove79hlove79 , why would you send this text - more than once? Puzzled.
    However, my guess is that Uber will wait to see the disposition of the case before taking any action.. especially if you have a good record.

16. joebrown618

joebrown618

Driving:
    UberXL
    Yes. I had to appear before a judge becasue of the warrant. Neither the city prosecutor of the judge could understand why I was there. They knew I was never notified of the citation and they threw it out while laughing at all the pictures this guy took. See, my pig has a couch, tv and such. The court docket folder had 20 pictures this guy had taken through my windows of Maverick sleeping on the couch in front of his fan.

I followed the process on Checkr to have them rerun my background check. The weird thing was both Uber and Lyft ran the check the same week. It was like Checkr is monitoring and reporting to both at the same time. The warrant was only out for a week. Lyft never deactivated me and Uber reinstated me a day or two later.

17. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Glad you didn't have to give up your pet!
    7841.png

18. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    Damn! I've rapid fire texted my son to "annoy and/or embarrass" many times. Sometimes maybe more than 30x in 4 hrs. Good thing he likes me and doesn't live in Texas...

hlove79 likes this.
  19. The justice system was very lenient because looking at what constitute cyber bullying is repeated unwanted messages been sent to the victim after been told a number of times to stop and by the police as well. It took direct police involvement and charges to be filed for the OP to stop doing whatever the OP was claiming to be doing is a form of harassment. No means no ;)

"What is cyber bullying?
    People make comments on social media that they may not say to someone face to face. These comments on social media can be just as damaging as any other form of bullying.

Cyber-bullying can be hurtful and in some circumstances it can also be a criminal act.

Cyber-bullying can take many forms

• Abusive texts, on-line posts and emails
    • Imitating others on line using fake profile and other methods
    • Spreading rumours and telling lies on-line
    • Making hurtful comments
    • Making threats or comments designed to intimidate on-line
    • Repeated unwanted messages being sent to you
    • People using your account to send fake posts
    • People sending photos or videos of you to others to embarrass or humiliate you
    • Excluding others on-line"

20. Yeah texting is a lazy rookie mistake

If I do an UberEats or Postmates run and the customer doesn't tip or say thank you
    I'm not gonna text, SMS or call them.

I just watch them eat through the window and flick my phone light on and off.

dlearl476 likes this.