1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Harassment by electronic means

Discussion in 'Advice' started by hlove79, Jan 5, 2019.

1. hlove79

hlove79

Will a charge of harassment by electronic means (texting) disqualify me as a driver?

Gone_in_60_seconds likes this.
  2. If it comes up on your background check I’m guessing yes.

So tell us the story...

In any case, it’ll cost you nothing to try.

IthurstwhenIP likes this.
  3. hlove79

hlove79

Been driving for uber for about 3 months. I was charged with harassment by electronic means (class b misdemeanor) around the time I starteddriving. They suspended my account today and said that they are reviewing my background. .

Cableguynoe likes this.
  4. Ouch.
    Unfortunately if they choose to terminate their partnership with you don’t think there’s anything you can do.

MoreTips likes this.
  5. hlove79

hlove79

I kept messaging a girl and didnt stop. Never made any threats, just annoyed her I guess.

I wrote with a concern for her ill mother, who I clean for. She replied telling me to not co act her again. I sent a few more and she filed charges on me. I sent 30 messages altogether over a period of 4 hours.

6. Obviously “the girl” doesn’t know how to block specific numbers from VC & txts.

When u block a number u don’t receive txt messages or voice calls.
    The call goes direct into mailbox and the mailbox will indicate it’s full, so no message can be left

hlove79 likes this.
  7. You plead guilty?

doyousensehumor likes this.
  8. hlove79

hlove79

Uber said it wont necessarily disqualify me but they have to look into it further. Was just wondering if anyone here has had the same type of charge and what the end result was.

No it is being dropped. The state was like, what the hell is this girl doing here?

My attorney and I were wondering the same thing.

Rakos and doyousensehumor like this.
  9. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing!

Always some noble ulterior motive with you cats.

You scared that poor gal! People don’t involve law enforcement cuz they’re “annoyed”.

Take responsibility for your actions man!

10. hlove79

hlove79

Unfortunately, annoying someone with repeated texts constitutes harassment.

This thread is about disqualifying misdemeanors. Where in this thread did I mention not taking responsibility?

Wh4tev3r!!!! likes this.
  11. Seems every day I’m finding out of a new crime I’ve commited.

12. hlove79

hlove79

Definition of Harassment. Harassmentis defined under Texas law as a communication that is designed to “harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, or embarrass” another person. ... Many different forms of communication can trigger harassment charges, includingelectronic communication such as text messages and emails.

13. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber’s way too media-shy and not willing to take risks anymore. Ants are a dime-a-dozen, expect to get that “our decision is final” email. But let us know how it works out for you.

14. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Strange that a charge would show up on a background check for a misdemeanor.

15. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Charged, or charged and convicted?

16. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston

Can you post the texts?

17. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    30 messages in 4 hours AFTER she told you to stop? And you don't think there was anything wrong with this?!

If anyone tried that crap with me I'd press charges, too... he'd be arrested upon his release from the ICU after he opened his front door to find 30 or so bikers there to "discuss" his texts.

18. ECOMCON

ECOMCON

CheckR, per uber and uber’s insurance company instructions , set the bar Low for tolerance.
    If they don’t clean house they end up with more negligence law suits of placing passengers in harms way.
    ANY harms way no matter how minor.

Honestly getting rid of “Mr Meanor” hlove79hlove79 the texting king of Texas ONLY reflect positivity on the other drivers who have control of their emotions
    And
    Realize there are consequences for their actions

Like an ADULT

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Hybrid_Rolla and x100 like this.
  19. WOW 30 texts in 4 hours, I would consider that stalking, lucky you weren’t texting Suze.

Wh4tev3r!!!!, Dug_M, just_me and 4 others like this.
  20. hlove79

hlove79

Oh my goodness. Calm down. You probably shouldn't write that kind of stuff. What you just wrote is 100 times worse than what I wrote. Just saying.